This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#166816 by Sir Jamsalot
Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:48 pm
fisherman bob wrote:The entire argument for or against birth control or for or against abortion is UNWINNABLE. Whether you're for or aganst the issue ...

The issue isn't abortion, Bob. What is so difficult to understand about what is going on? You said in your last sentence - you don't want to have to pay for someone else's f*ing around. But in the same breath, you advocate legislation at the State level, versus the Federal level? All your doing is saying "let the voters locally (instead of nationally), decide whether you HAVE to force a private business to add on contraception to a health plan."

People are in school to learn. In this case, a LAW school! Of all the things a student should be concerned about, you would think studying and graduating would be it ~ you know, the reason for school?! Instead, she's concerned about "sex without consequence" on campus? She's a budding lawyer for sure - the dangerous kind - the kind that wants you to slavishly pay for someone else's living and frivolity.

If you guys can't see the issue for what it is, you're gonna piss away your own right to work for a living, because at our national debt level, where 1/2 of your debt is borrowed money, you're not going to have the luxury of working for your own living - you're going to be forced to work to pay off our debtors and live on whatever crumbs fall from their table. This is the type of legislative precedence that enables your demise, and that of your children.

#166833 by MikeG9699
Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:06 pm
Are you guys kidding me? Free birth control has been available for years to anyone that can't afford it. This has nothing to do with this woman's or any other woman's access to contraception free or otherwise. I don't know if she is a slut or not but what I do know is that she is a liar. She can walk her sorry a$$ to the Target Pharmacy if she has a prescription and get birth control pills for about 9 bucks a month which is a far cry from the 3000 bucks she claims it costs her. This is about the government forcing insurance companies to provide it and in-turn forcing companies or in this case a religious organization to carry it and pay for it whether they want to or not. This woman has numerous options when it comes to getting free or at best low cost contraception so why try to force this liberal agenda on anyone?

#166879 by Sir Jamsalot
Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:53 am
Airweavers wrote:The only bill remotely related to this issue that I could find that did NOT contain wording specifically indicating ONLY that federal funding would not be allowed for certain institutions that did not comply

Ironically, if Healthcare falls under a line-item in our government budget, you better believe we'll be forced to "comply" - sic, "1984" exercise program to keep the cost under budget :twisted:

#166884 by Sir Jamsalot
Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:58 am
Airweavers wrote:You know what I really hate about issues like this? Once the media gets hold of them, the internet is instantly clogged with news stories about it, none of which I trust much, and the real, genuinely reliable information gets effing buried thousands of pages deep in Google.

Anyone got a link to the actual Bill? Or at least the specific Bill number that is the source of all this uproar?

To my knowledge, it hasn't been formed into a Bill yet. It's a wish list presented to the House of Representatives. We basically paid the House their wage for 1/2 hour to hear her insane plea.

#166898 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:08 am
Dizzizz wrote:
yod wrote:
Dizzizz wrote:You weren't talking about the past, you were talking about the present. Did you forget what you said? I'll remind you: You said that "loving & tolerant lefties don't have a single hospital."

I concede your point. Where I grew up there was only the Baptist Hospital and St Elizabeth's (Catholic).

Whether you think Rush's apology was sincere or not, he did apologize. Can you show me even one liberal who has apologized for calling Sarah Palin's daughter a slut?

Liberals have been insulting women (who aren't liberal) with impunity for a long time.

I'm not defending that. I'm not defending any sort of name-calling. It does nothing but cloud the issues and divide us purposelessly.

Thank you, bro. On that we agree.

And my point is that all this supposed "outrage" about Rush is coming from people who have absolutely no problem called women sluts if they step across the line of the leftist/liberal thought police.

This entire issue is a ruse to deceive people about the contraceptive law that Obama is trying to force on people whose conscience will never allow it. This will only cause liberal Catholic Democrats to turn against Obama, to which I say HURRAY!

But it should never become law.

#166997 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:20 am
jimmydanger wrote:Stick a fork in him.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/20 ... ?hpt=hp_t3

There you go again,putting in your two cents. This is not about Rush!
This is about assholes like you telling ME what the FLUKE to do.

It's NOT GOING TO HAPPEN! Go kiss your liberal ass, America ain't gonna do it no more! :twisted:

#167009 by jimmydanger
Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:34 am
Piss off you ugly little worm. I'll say whatever I want, whenever I want, to whoever I want. I'd love to stick around and rub your face in it some more but I'm off to jam.