This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#68713 by moxsie
Thu May 28, 2009 1:12 pm
Hang in there. I hear you loud and clear. But I do know one thing, once you've got the music bug, you've always got the music bug. I don't want to gig anymore. I am really looking to put together festivals once or twice a year and try to get old material recorded so I can get it out there. Maybe one year we'll be in Texas. Then we can all hook-up. Wishes for lots of peace & happiness. Moxsie

#68714 by gbheil
Thu May 28, 2009 1:13 pm
suseJ sevol uoy!

#68716 by moxsie
Thu May 28, 2009 1:23 pm
Good stuff sanshouheil :)

#68724 by gbheil
Thu May 28, 2009 1:49 pm
Ha Ha Ha, I think I'm going to put that on our next band T=shirts. :lol:

#68725 by ratsass
Thu May 28, 2009 2:00 pm
sanshouheil wrote:Ha Ha Ha, I think I'm going to put that on our next band T=shirts. :lol:

Or a bumper sticker for your FRONT bumper. :)

#68788 by gbheil
Thu May 28, 2009 8:06 pm
:idea: 8)

#166151 by Flash The Bassist
Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:13 pm
Hello, I just relocated to Sunrise, I'm a semi pro bassist from Phila, looking for something , your post is interesting ...soi i'll just say you have a bassist in your area ..me.. [email protected]...should you decide to try something , contact me, i may be of some help for you..as i'm interested. :)

#166161 by J-HALEY
Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:40 pm
Wow I forgot all about this thread LMFAO! This was from 3 YEARS ago! I didn't even know I was diabetic at the time! Okay Folks this is a prime example of DON'T GIVE UP! I was frustrated at the time and still am from time to time! I can say for the most part I am happy as a musician can be! :wink:

#166199 by PaperDog
Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:03 am
Jeff,

Pretty much everything these guys are saying makes sense. I would just add... That when you aren't having fun anymore...Instead of throwing in the towel, just switch the gears into fun mode. (Spend 3 months and focus exclusively on PR, Exposure /Press projects, etc. ) By doing that, your are rewarding your self and also creating new incentives that will ultimately rekindle the flame inside...

Just my thoughts...

and then of course I just now realized how old this thread was...

#166209 by J-HALEY
Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:06 pm
PaperDog wrote:Jeff,

Pretty much everything these guys are saying makes sense. I would just add... That when you aren't having fun anymore...Instead of throwing in the towel, just switch the gears into fun mode. (Spend 3 months and focus exclusively on PR, Exposure /Press projects, etc. ) By doing that, your are rewarding your self and also creating new incentives that will ultimately rekindle the flame inside...

Just my thoughts...

and then of course I just now realized how old this thread was...

Dog I wrote this thread 3 years ago. I was winding down a band that I had run for 5 years! I was in my comfort zone shortly before the bass player decided he was pulling out. I had been through a lot at the time lost a dear commrad to brain cancer, Barry got married and pulled out to concentrate on his family. We were down to a 3 piece and though we were Okay we were kind of mediocre. I just decided at the time we weren't playing to the level I was wanting to play. It was down to me and the drummer. I have no regrets as I had a plan and worked it methodically. I can say now I AM PLAYING at the level I had always wanted to play! :wink:

#166215 by gbheil
Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:56 pm
It's funny to read your own post and wonder who the hell wrote that ? :lol:

#166393 by philbymon
Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:01 pm
I've been "on sabbatical" for the last cpl years, really, only doing a gig or two a year.

Stopped into my old hangout a cpl nights ago, & they all but tackled me, demanding I play a solo gig on April 1st. I told 'em I'd do it if they put my name up as "Phool Montgomery" on the marquis.

Now, of course, I'm a nervous wreck, cuz I'm worried about my weakish hand...but I'm practicing again, so that's something, anyway. Never recovered from the ulna nerve surgery, but wtf...since it's just a 2 hr gig, & not the marathon 4-5 hrs I used to do so regularly, I figger I might just be able to pull it off.

Wish me luck & stuff...

#166396 by jw123
Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:31 pm
Phil just enjoy it, and you will do great!

Jeff it is interesting to read old threads sometimes, it shows what state of mind we were in at the time, when I look up some of mine i was a wreck, Im in a happy place these days for the most part.

And from reading this I can tell you are in a far better place also, Cheers my Friend!

#166406 by J-HALEY
Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:58 pm
philbymon wrote:I've been "on sabbatical" for the last cpl years, really, only doing a gig or two a year.

Stopped into my old hangout a cpl nights ago, & they all but tackled me, demanding I play a solo gig on April 1st. I told 'em I'd do it if they put my name up as "Phool Montgomery" on the marquis.

Now, of course, I'm a nervous wreck, cuz I'm worried about my weakish hand...but I'm practicing again, so that's something, anyway. Never recovered from the ulna nerve surgery, but wtf...since it's just a 2 hr gig, & not the marathon 4-5 hrs I used to do so regularly, I figger I might just be able to pull it off.

Wish me luck & stuff...

Good luck Philby I hope the gig goes well for you! Ulna nerve? I knew you were having trouble with that hand. Didn't know it required surgery. I'll have to google that as I haven't heard of it.

#166407 by J-HALEY
Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:59 pm
jw123 wrote:Phil just enjoy it, and you will do great!

Jeff it is interesting to read old threads sometimes, it shows what state of mind we were in at the time, when I look up some of mine i was a wreck, Im in a happy place these days for the most part.

And from reading this I can tell you are in a far better place also, Cheers my Friend!

Thanks John!