This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Chat about the latest toys and innovations.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#165669 by gbheil
Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:45 pm
What is it used for ??
I don't know I've ever heard of it. "Gorilla Glue" yes ... not snot?

#166211 by Whiskey Burn
Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:44 pm
This is truly awful news! I picked up some a few months ago at a local music shop. They actually had it in the "drum" section.

I was just poking around the internet and found this....

"After a long and enjoyable run, Gorilla Snot was discontinued in December 2010 and is no longer available in the marketplace. "

Bummer. Picks will be flying this summer I guess.

sanshouheil - It "was" a tacky substance that I put a bit on thumb and index finger. Helped picks not go airborne. Apparently drummers "were" using it as well.

This is a sad day.

#166213 by gbheil
Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:54 pm
Thanks for the edification. I had looked it up earlier and wondered why not use a touch of rosin like we did playing baseball?

I use the picks with the
"shark skin" finish. I've also been known to use a standard hole punch to punch out a section rear center of the pic.

There is a medical product you can purchase at most any pharmacy.

Skin prep.

It's similar to an alcohol wipe but when it air dries it leaves a tacky film.

I'd wager it works as well or better.

Available at most any pharmacy.

#166242 by jw123
Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:59 pm
Hell I just rub my nose and get a good ole lugey to hold my pick! LOL

On a more serious note, I have at times taken a knife and cut some little grooves in pickes to make them easier to hold onto, or you can rub the side of the pick closest to your fingers up and down the strings and it will rough up the edges so its easier to hold.

#166870 by Paleopete
Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:18 am
I learned to finger pick because of dropping picks onstage, since then I rarely drop them. Now I don't worry about it. I rarely drop one and I can finger pick and you'll never notice it, and I also got a pick holder so I have a half dozen spares ready at all times. It's fun to just throw one out into the crowd now and then too...and keep on finger pickin.

#166883 by Starfish Scott
Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:58 am
Paleopete wrote:I learned to finger pick because of dropping picks onstage, since then I rarely drop them. Now I don't worry about it. I rarely drop one and I can finger pick and you'll never notice it, and I also got a pick holder so I have a half dozen spares ready at all times. It's fun to just throw one out into the crowd now and then too...and keep on finger pickin.

Yeah that's me as well. I have a pick holder on the back of the guitar.

I can drop 50 picks, but I'd still have a few left in the holder. lol

#167751 by nayrb_eman
Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:37 pm
Naturally refined tree rosin

Could you make your own ie Tree sap?

The tree actually makes it.

:wink: