This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Rate your favorite bands and albums.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#16597 by Cary Smith
Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:35 pm
Let's go back as far as you can remember. What are your 1st songs and or 1st albums?

Songs:
1. Johnny Cash - Ring of Fire - I was still in diapers singing along with this one.

2. Steve Miller Band - The Joker - The 1st time I heard this I was playing on the floor with my light bright and it came on the radio. I remember my Parents coming in the room and making me turn it down.

3. Alice Cooper - School's Out - My older Brother had a friend over in this 70's custom van all crush velvet inside and jamming on this song. Coolest van I'd ever seen.

4. Paper Lace - The Night Chicago Died - We would put on little shows for the family and sing along with this song. My brother and I would do the intro parts using our SSP cars that had the rip cord you would pull. We were convinced that they used those to make the sounds in the song...lol Anyone remember SSP cars?

ALbum:

1. T-Rex - Electric Warrior - I love this album.

Let's hear some of your memories of songs or albums.

#16603 by Guitaranatomy
Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:30 pm
My first albums would be the following:

Rob Dougan - Furious Angels

Matrix Reloaded Soundtrack

Those two were the first albums I ever bought, I was not heavily into buying albums till I hit about 15 strangely.

But in the case of songs, my first were:

1. Duran Duran - Ordinary World (I listened to this at age 5)
2. Collective Soul - World I Know
3. Collective Soul - Shine
4. Pearl Jam - Alive
5. Scorpions - Rock You Like A Hurricane
6. Neil Young - Old Man
7. Neil Young - My My Hey Hey (And Hey Hey My My)
8. Seal - Kiss From A Rose (I am making a heavy metal version on this one!)
9. Metallica - Enter Sandman
10. Metallica - The Unforgiven

There are many more, but those were like the primary ones I would listen to and hear all of the time when I was younger.

#16612 by Irminsul
Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:08 pm
Edvard Grieg - Piano Concerto No. 1 in A minor

Frederic Chopin - Fantasie Impromptu

Richard Wagner - Die Walkyrie

The soundtrack to "Dr. Zhivago"

"Hail To The Chief" as I was watching JFK's funeral when I was 3 years old.

#16629 by Telejo
Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:04 am
I can't remember the song...but my Brother had a Beatles 45. My Dad smashed it and told us to stay away fro the Devil's music. The first Almum I ever owned was the Royal Guardsmen.
#16638 by fisherman bob
Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:17 am
WHat did he say when he first heard Black Sabbath? My first recollection of albums when I was a kid (early 60's) were Elvis, Beach Boys, and Beatles albums. My favorite was the Beach Boys. I spent part of my early childhood in California and of course the Beach Boys were mega-huge out there. All my friends wanted a surf board and listened to the Beach Boys. Now I'm a bluesman in Kansas City, my how things change. Later...

#16646 by jw123
Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:20 pm
My first record was a comedy record. It had stuff like The Red Baron, some song about the meatball rolling off the table, Tinny Winny Yellow Polka Dot Bikini. All that junk. I guess thats why to this day I dont take music very seriously.

My first rock record was Kiss Alive, so the comedy continued...............................

After that I got Aerosmith Toys In The Attic

#16674 by jimmydanger
Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:21 pm
The first 45rpm record I bought was The Beatle's "I Wanna Hold Your Hand" in 1964. The first LP I bought was "More of the Monkees" in 1967.

#18361 by decentdrummer911
Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:17 pm
Haha this is a funny thread.
ok, the first ever music album I listened to was DC Talk, the album being Jesus Freak. Then I started listening to Audio Adrenaline, the album being Some Kind of Zombie, i think? yea, they are both christian bands, my mom was a hardcore christian, so no nirvana or anything for me!

#18380 by neanderpaul
Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:37 pm
Elvis Golden records, every John Denver album (mom is a J D nut.) My first single was Queen bicycle race/fat bottomed girls. My first album was Kiss - Love Gun. My first tape was Van Halen 1984.

#18567 by MacLeod
Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:08 pm
First record I ever owned was Princess in Rags by Gene Pitney
First albums I remember having were "With the Searchers - The Searchers
and The best of the Everly Brothers

The first rock album I owned was Sabbath Bloody Sabbath

#18625 by shyartist
Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:50 am
i heard the beatles 8 days a week over and over and over and over and........... thanx mom

#18626 by shyartist
Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:52 am
first album i ever bought was suicidal tendencies-still cyco after all these years

#18685 by Greeniemagic
Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:46 pm
Puff The Magic Dragon by Peter, Paul & Mary...Was a great inspiration to me :wink:

Others I remember are:

Yellow Submarine by The Beatles and What's New Pussycat by Tom Jones :P

First single I bought was Ride A White Swan by T-Rex...

#18686 by Guitaranatomy
Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:55 pm
shyartist wrote:i heard the beatles 8 days a week over and over and over and over and........... thanx mom

Lol. My mother luckily made me listen to the radio, it was all classic rock and diversified. The only thing I can remember being played on CD constantly was Elton John. Which after some time can drive you up a wall.

Greeniemagic wrote: What's New Pussycat by Tom Jones :P

Tom Jones... :cry: I heard that song way too many times, somehow, I do not know till this day. I must ask this to anyone who likes Tom Jones... Why?... Lol. No offense, just bleh. Must be because I am a metalhead.

Well anyhow, hope all is well with you Greeniemagic, nice to see you posting (I have not seen you post since I first got here).

Peace out, GuitarAnatomy.