This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Drums and Accessories.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#147111 by rushing
Tue May 24, 2011 11:45 pm
I have had slingerlands ,rogers,pearls, ludwigs and even played the buget basement kits and am going to say they all are superb acoustic kits,the diff is what heads and sticks you use as to what sound you get.I use SP an, for a crisp sound and a larger heavy stick for the deep sounds, I use Evens hydraulic heads just cus they are bad to the bone deep.So its not so much the kit but what you use on the kit.Also the area you are playing in huge to itty bitty you have to make adjustments to the kit to get the right sound :D

#147499 by Rumble Stick Skins
Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:26 am
Try and find a company that uses Keller shells and preferably maple. Other woods/shells like Rose wood, Walnut or even acrylic could carry different sounds. Find out what suits your style, the genre and the sound you enjoy most. Trust me when you try out a kit that sings to you you'll end up marrying it. Happy shopping :)

#151208 by Noli
Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:45 pm
If you are going to use an acoustic drumkit for acoustic situations, then that sounds wierd.

If it is for small venues, you might not need deep shells, that have a lot more boom, and decay. If you go for shallow shells there is more attack and quicker decay/release. Shell dimensions are also a factor 20" or 18" kick for example. Choice of heads make a difference too. Fast crash cymbals would be my choice too.

I prefer to use a small portable kit, so I don't have to lump around too much gear and travel on public transport. The best kits I've come across are the Pearl Rhythm Traveller and Traps kits. With both these kits you can hand and back carry with all the hardware and cymbals. A customized backpack to carry might be required though. Pearl Rhtyhm traveller shells can fit all into one 20" bass drum gig bag.

#154072 by Francis Nuega
Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:33 am
just go for an electric kit if that's the case...

#164329 by sharych
Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:47 pm
Pearl Master Series Studio Kit

#164626 by RGMixProject
Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:21 pm
sharych wrote:Pearl Master Series Studio Kit

#165397 by AyrTrayn
Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:19 pm
Same kit I'd use to play Hard Rock. Depending on the intimacy I might use "O" rings, old crash cymbals. I use 2B's to play everything some nice mallets for cymbal rolls. I don't own a set of brushes lol

#188086 by DrummerFromOly
Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:52 am
Small set up, tuned well - play back, and really weave in and out of the instruments, you will be fine.