This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#16415 by Greeniemagic
Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:21 pm
Yes my son decided to breed lol and little Ollie is going to be a character by the looks of it :wink:

AND I've already told you it's a bloody long swim to Memphis :P

#16416 by Greeniemagic
Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:24 pm
And thanx guitaranatomy too for the compliment and best wishes :)

#16418 by Guitaranatomy
Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:27 pm
No problem GreenieMagic.
#16614 by bluesyrosey
Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:27 pm
Hey Load Bob,
It takes a supportive family behind you thats for sure. I lived in South Carolina, Myrtle Beach area for nine years and most of my friends are musicians. They were the ones that inspired me to play and learn music. Everytime i visit in the summer i join in on their summer gigs and they are pleasantly amazed at what I have learned through the years. They are my mentors. I will be visiting again this summer with my boys. You have a great sound and if you are in the MB area in the summer, we will come to see ya'll.... Keep up the great journey of what music brings.... Happy holidays...Rosey
#16643 by loudbob1955
Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:03 pm
bluesyrosey wrote:Hey Load Bob,
It takes a supportive family behind you thats for sure. I lived in South Carolina, Myrtle Beach area for nine years and most of my friends are musicians. They were the ones that inspired me to play and learn music. Everytime i visit in the summer i join in on their summer gigs and they are pleasantly amazed at what I have learned through the years. They are my mentors. I will be visiting again this summer with my boys. You have a great sound and if you are in the MB area in the summer, we will come to see ya'll.... Keep up the great journey of what music brings.... Happy holidays...Rosey

Hey Rosey.. Thankx... Maybe you can let me know when you guys are playing and I can do a walk on performance... hehehe 8)

Keep the Music Alive!!

LB

#17620 by HowlinJ
Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:20 am
This is a good topic.
Congratulations to Jonney on the new addition.In my opinion, successfully raising a family Is the same as "Makeing it Big".One of my boys(with no direct encouragement from me),turned out to a fine bass player,lucky for me. All the playing I missed out on over the years now seems worth it.

#17636 by Irminsul
Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:03 am
I've always been afraid to make another one of myself. There is only so much I can subject my poor world to.

We have decided to stick to cats, frogs and fish.

#17653 by Guitaranatomy
Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:22 am
Irminsul wrote:I've always been afraid to make another one of myself. There is only so much I can subject my poor world to.

We have decided to stick to cats, frogs and fish.

Hmm... Two Irminsul's... Father and son team defeating Fishmanbob about immigration issues... That I would like to see! :P Lmao.

Well, with my perfection I think there should be many of me. 8) Just kidding.

Peace out, GuitarAnatomy.

#17656 by Paleopete
Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:00 pm
Hey Loud Bob, you're only just barely the oldest, I hit 52 last week. Congrats on sticking with it, I've known too many good players who hung it up entirely when the wife pulled the old "you love that guitar more than me" trick...when it happens I tell them sorry, you met me onstage with a guitar in my hands, you knew it. It's not a matter of who or what I love more, or means more to me, music is what I lived for most of a tough and traumatic childhood, I'll never give it up no matter what. This is what I do, it's my job and I do it well, but it involves a lot of time, work and practice. Yes, music means more to me than anything, but that doesn't mean it's taking your place. I think people who are not musicians don't realize just how much time and effort goes into it. It's not like you just show up 30 minutes before the gig and play, then you're done till the next gig...non-musicians don't understand that, then when wives see how much time is involved they get the idea the guitar is taking their place. I never married but have had this problem with a couple of girlfriends, I hate to be callous about it but sorry, you met me onstage, you knew it, deal with it.

I helped my sister raise two daughters, we couldn't take them to clubs when I gigged but we could and did take them when I played the street musician thing at Mardi Gras, and they absolutely loved every minute of it. Walk around the French Quarter for a while and see the huge party going on, go get hot chocolate and beignets, (not sure of the spelling) then come listen for a while. Nothing like seeing your 5 year old neice dancing in the street...Same for any outdoor gigs where they didn't have booze sales going on and kids could attend. One of them is my biggest fan still and I can't stop her from being the head roadie when I play, half the time she won't let me carry my own damn amp in, she doesn't want me to hurt my back again. The other one goes to the gigs to listen when she can, but not all the time.