This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#161928 by philbymon
Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:02 pm
I think I have gone over the edge, my friends.

As some of you know, I'm recently divorced, & am struggling along with a part time job that pays less than fertilizer.

However, I met someone at work. She fixed me lunch one night. I offered to repay her by fixing her dinner, &...well...I have a date with a 23 year old girl at my house this weekend. I'm 56. I'm a little out of practice on the whole "dating thing." I'm a bit nervous, & I know that prolly nothing will come of it...but...I feel like crowing about it, cuz she's very pretty, rather tall, & has a wonderful heart-shaped...er...HEART!

Wish me luck. Send me flowers. I'm gigglin' like a school-girl!

Just wish I had some furniture! All I have is a table, 2 chairs, & a sway-backed single bed. (When I left the ex-wife, I left with nothing. I still have most of it.)

I dunno WHAT I'm thinking...but what the heck - you only live once, right? (I'll prolly get killed when her dad finds out...heh heh heh...I've certainly been THERE, before! but for different reasons!)

#161929 by J-HALEY
Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:15 pm
Good luck Philby! :D

#161930 by Sir Jamsalot
Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:26 pm
robbing the cradle, are we? :D

I hope all goes well with your date. Man - to be young again... too bad age is such a divider of people, but that's how it goes. Who knows, her dad might make a great cribbage partner!

8)

#161933 by jw123
Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:15 pm
Go Phil!

#161934 by Lynard Dylan
Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:54 pm
I had a buddy that dated a young girl
like that. Told everybody he was going
thru his 2nd childhood.

#161945 by gbheil
Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:29 pm
Love is blind ( deaf dumb and stupid too but that is another story )

Freakin relax and be yourself Phil.

Life either works ... or it don't.

Control is the illusion and there is no constant but change.
#161947 by PaperDog
Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:33 pm
philbymon wrote:I think I have gone over the edge, my friends.

As some of you know, I'm recently divorced, & am struggling along with a part time job that pays less than fertilizer.

However, I met someone at work. She fixed me lunch one night. I offered to repay her by fixing her dinner, &...well...I have a date with a 23 year old girl at my house this weekend. I'm 56. I'm a little out of practice on the whole "dating thing." I'm a bit nervous, & I know that prolly nothing will come of it...but...I feel like crowing about it, cuz she's very pretty, rather tall, & has a wonderful heart-shaped...er...HEART!

Wish me luck. Send me flowers. I'm gigglin' like a school-girl!

Just wish I had some furniture! All I have is a table, 2 chairs, & a sway-backed single bed. (When I left the ex-wife, I left with nothing. I still have most of it.)

I dunno WHAT I'm thinking...but what the heck - you only live once, right? (I'll prolly get killed when her dad finds out...heh heh heh...I've certainly been THERE, before! but for different reasons!)

Consider yourself lucky... Most 56 year olds can still get dates .... but ...they are usually with older woman.. (and with some of them older women, its like throwing a hot dog down a hall way... )

Okay..so here's a refresher course in dating (Age not withstanding). The safe route:

1) Show respect
2) Focus on the dinner...like make it the tastiest meal she ever had...
3) Let her do most of the talking...while you do most of the listening.
4) Serenade her with your music (That one ALWAYS wins over the girl for me...Best served with dessert)
Just take it easy and be relaxed... Funny thing about guys & gals...is we all tend to forget that there is absolutely no reason to rush to or through anything...
Easy does it...and good luck and cheers! ;)

#162191 by crunchysoundbite
Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:18 pm
There is nothing wrong with 56 dating 23. You're both consenting adults. She may have a thing for older and experienced. Nothing wrong with that. Your heart may be in for a great fall if the gap separates you.The fling sounds like as much fun as you can get into, but a 23 year old will not have the disciplines of a 56 year old and I suspect the relationship can get old quick. On the face of that said, well, can your heart take an invested breakup. I'm 51, the thought of me providing for younguns scares the hell out of me. If you're not prepared for that, you're both wasting your time. Right now you're on the good side of "the edge". Wait until your heart can't live with or without her.

#162203 by KLUGMO
Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:58 pm
I'm not gonna give you the RAH-RAH ataboy nothings wrong with it shpeel.

You don't stand a chance of having any type of relationship there. You might get layed but only if she has some kind of old man fetish. This is harsh but
you know I'm right. Come on man, 23 you have absolutley nothing in
common with her except geographicly or maybe you like the same food
or something. You are heading to 60 and she's not 25 yet. It should be fun
but I think in the midle of your uh, date, you will realize what I'm talking about.
You are a different generation for GODS sake. She's quite a few in back of you.
Anyway, give her hell old man.[/b]

#162204 by jimmydanger
Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:05 pm
Phil's motto is, old enough to pee, old enough for me!

Seriously, if two people wish to be together age shouldn't be an issue, as long as they're legally old enough. But the reality is, more than 10-15 years in age difference will eventually cause the relationship to dissolve. Have fun but don't live under any illusions. Someday she'll look at your old ass and say "F this, I can do better".

#162236 by MikeTalbot
Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:15 am
Dude...Perhaps the Lord looked down on you and said, "old Philby's had a run of bad luck. I think I'll throw him a bone!" :D

Play out your hand. Be a gentleman. (well...sorta)

Talbot

#162298 by gbheil
Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:39 am
I know of several couples of similar age difference whom have great relationships.

The most difficult time is the end of life crisis where the age difference can make the grieving process difficult.

But hell ... it's just a dinner date.

Let em have their fun ... after all the whole universe is not pfuckt up with the Ken & Barbi complex.
Just most of em.

#162420 by Paleopete
Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:22 am
All I can say is I hope it goes well and good luck.

#162421 by Cajundaddy
Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:08 am
MikeTalbot wrote:Dude...Perhaps the Lord looked down on you and said, "old Philby's had a run of bad luck. I think I'll throw him a bone!" :D ...er

Talbot

Sounds like the words to song Phil:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qax9l15e ... re=related
Have fun and enjoy the evening in the company of a lovely young woman.

See this was a musical post after all. :)