This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Rate your favorite bands and albums.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#15068 by Dee Bee Eye
Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:12 am
Well for me it's Earth, Wind, & Fire. Showmanship, Quality of musicians, writing and production! Overall some good damn music!

#15074 by Prevost82
Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:16 am
Yes ...Rick Wakeman
Leon Kuijpers (you tube)
Emerson Lake
PFM ... Premiata Forneria Marconi
Chick Corea - Stanley Clarke - Billy Cobham
Early Gino Vannelli -Storm At Sunup -The Gist Of The Gemini (War suite)
Jean-Luc Ponty
Barbara Dennerlein (you tube)

#15091 by RhythmMan
Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:59 pm
I've visited this thread several times without saying anything.
I can't pick just one, because there isn't just one.
I don't like 'groups.' I like songs.
I started thinking; Yes, Beatles, Amedeus, ELP, Leo Kottke, . . . then I realized there is one group that affects what I play more than any other group on earth.
The Alan Bradley group.
#15717 by [email protected]
Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:01 pm
I like Pink Floyd. Brilliant lyrics, awesome musical ideas and concepts, production qualities and recording techniques way ahead of their time, wonderous orchestration, ethereal, simple yet effective instrumentation, international success, longevity in terms of radio play and album sales,
interesting personalities, and political, psychological, and empathetic orientations in the music. Hugely influential...on par with the Beatles, the Stones, the Who...and any other North American or internationally acclaimed act. It doesn't get any better! :)

#16140 by Gi
Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:58 pm
im so gonna get hammered....but its Blondie.

just listen..as i got older, i got all their albums and then realized how diverse every song was, compared to other monsters of the day (lets say, 1980-81) that created music that all sounded the same to me.

they were creative. i dont even mean the rap and reggae hits they had (annoying)-- the deep cuts were all good and if Frank Infante had a hand in them, they rocked.
#16183 by Guitaranatomy
Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:04 am
Hmm... Well, I think this is very easy to answer for me. Metallica is my biggest influence, I love how Kirk Hammett plays. His bluesy solos and even his overused wah are cool.

I mean have many influences as well, I play a lot of different music like Incubus, Middle Eastern, Black Sabbath, and so on and so forth. I know when I go to write music it usually has a Middle Eastern sound to it. One of my most recent pieces is done in a low tuning and sounds like it would fit the vocals of a Lacuna Coil.

#16189 by jw123
Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:36 pm
Im leaning toward Robin Trower

I just found out hes coming to Memphis after the first of the year, I'll have to check it out with all the other old,fat,bald,greying kids of yesteryear.

#16205 by jimmydanger
Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:31 pm
Gi, love Blondie, especially Eat to the Beat. JW, love Trower, especially the first three albums. Rock on!

#16376 by LITTLEROCK_1
Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:39 pm
hi letting everyone know and anyone interested band wanted to back up professional singer/songwriter. need band who is willing to learn music never heard before and willing to commit and record cd. everyone profits.
#16509 by fisherman bob
Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:48 am
a bluesman out of Richmond, Virginia. Back in the 80's he had the best band I ever saw live. Perfect blend of covers and originals, showmanship and phenomenal vocals, everyone in the band kicked ass pretty much. Another big influence on myey for vocals was a local singer here in the Kansas City area named Lawrence Steele, simply the best singer I've ever been in a band with. Gotta call him and see how he's doing. Later...

#16869 by MentalFiction7x
Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:22 am
xxestyxx wrote:Im more into more modern bands like Audioslave, Avenged Sevenfold, Red Hot Chili Peppers and stuff like that

YAH! A7X is my heroes <3

#17122 by Kingshredder9
Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:16 pm
KING DIAMOND/MERCYFUL FATE! \m/

He IS the King of all things Metal. Period! He has to have the most consistent Record output of any metal band i've ever heard, sometimes he even put out 2 albums a year, No one has had more killer riffs than KING DIAMOND and his band...And unlike other bands with alot of albums not one of his were shitty IMO.ANDY LA ROCQUE IS A PHENOMENAL GUITAR PLAYER and He is very underrated and deserves alot more credit then he gets. King and MF Helped Start Black Metal and in my opinion MERCYFUL FATE is far more essential to the development of that Genre Than Venom or Bathory ever could hope to be (not saying that they suck on any level). And when you listen to king in his solo career you dont just get the best friggin metal on the planet you also get a horror story...It's so much fun to get into when your headbangin'

Lets Face it there's only one king and it isn't Elvis...
:twisted:

He's up for a grammy in 2008 for best Metal Performance,
As I Lay Dying, Machine Head, Shadows Fall & Slayer Have nothing on the King...thats right not Even SLAYER! but it's a popularity contest so KING will probably lose to either Slayer or one of these NU Metal Trendchasers...it makes me sick :x

If you do not like King that's fine but at least give credit where it is due...
he deserves the grammy
GEEZ He deserves a lifetime achievement award!

ALL HAIL HIS BLACK MAJESTY

#17550 by wildwood 4
Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:10 pm
The Eagles and the Little River Band. Love that harmony!

#17557 by bandmix.com/falloutfreak
Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:44 pm
my biggest influence would definetly be Fall out boy.. i mean since my cousin is in it... :wink: well talk to me if ya wanna find out who my cousin is!!!

#17941 by Asp333
Tue Dec 25, 2007 6:15 am
Mine would have to be Mark Tremonti from Creed and Alter Bridge. His music and riffs are hard driven, intense, and melodic. His sound and tone have always been unique, and now that he can play however he wants (In Alter Bridge) his solo's and riffs are absolutely insane! The solos to Open Your Eyes and Down To My Last is great for passionate shred, while the entire song let alone the solo to Blackbird will move you emotionally, and the solo to Come To Life or Ties That Bind will have you banging your head and wanting more.

John Petrucci of Dream Theater is also amazing. Best breakdowns and random progressions. He is literally all over the place when playing, and it sounds so friggin' good, listen to Dance of Eternity, Constant Motion, or Metropolis Pt 1. You'll see.