This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#159163 by gbheil
Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:36 pm
Don't take the critiques too harshly ... you guys are great !
But we all know you. And we know you are always trying to up your game.
Rock your ass off man. 8)

#159167 by J-HALEY
Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:46 pm
I don't take them harshly cough cough here!

Seriously I take in the info process it in this knucklehead brain of mine and present the idea's that will improve us to the band. The one thing I will say is that the overdone songs are the ones that the audience responds to in the most positive way. I play to the audience. I will play Long Train Running, Mustang Sally, Play That Funky Music, Born To Be Wild (at the biker bars) or any other song that the audience wants to hear.The Guy's in the band however agree with Jimmy! :wink:

#159413 by Black57
Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:29 pm
Your band reminds me of a band I sit in with when I am in Ohio.

#159439 by J-HALEY
Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:11 pm
Thanks for watching Mary!

#159457 by Sir Jamsalot
Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:06 pm
I subbed your Youtube channel - so keep posting some vids :D
You guys are GREAT, and yah - your singer can really get up there!

Two things distracted me, and it WASnT the music! It was the entertainment factor ~ you guys are stuck to your microphones ~ you're entertainers! Show me you're having fun!!

I'm being coached on this very aspect - I'm not the greatest singer, but my coach is telling me that you can make up for it with stage presence - if you show the audience you're having fun, they'll have fun because it's entertaining! :D

This is him BTW at an open mic, singing center stage. They just look like they enjoy being there - and he's that way for EVERY song.

http://www.youtube.com/user/ASuddenListing?feature=mhee#p/u/4/yH62RAtTVs8

Something he was telling me is that when your (meaning me) not singing, step away, move around a bit - like if you're soloing, walk up front and interact with the singer and the audence a bit so you're (me again) not so tempted to hide the drummer or show your backside :) make the audience (spotlight) follow you! You were groovin on Simply Irrestable - that's what I'm talkin about :D I mean it's just the little things like that that make it entertaining to watch - because people are watching, not just listening!

Now I have to take that advice and apply it to myself, every time I get on stage so I don't feel like I'm a poser telling a rock star what's what

You guys sound fantastical!!

#159460 by jw123
Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:28 pm
I listened again and the instruments all sound great on my computor.

I guess I need to get some video together, actually Haley all of mine are posed, cause Im the biggest poser here. LOL

I agree on song choice if you are being paid to play for people then its best to give them what they want. But I know there is a huge divide here on covers and orignals. But from what I heard you guys would do great in the clubs in my neighborhood!

I love the way the video rolls the page back to change songs, thats awesome, I have some catching up to do, both sound wise and video wise.

Thanks for sharing that, and Keep Rockin!

#159470 by J-HALEY
Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:42 am
Thanks for the critique guys! As I said we usually move around more but we were pretty sick at this gig. Believe it or not musically and visually it was not a good night for us but we made it through the gig LOL!
Barry was using his new camera and told me that he didn't like the speed. He shot it at 60p full HD mode, it shoots 60 full HD frames a second he says that makes it too sterile. Next time he is going to shoot it at 25p (movie motion mode). This was his first usage of the new camera and software. The software is Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum. The file for that video is 3 gigabyte's :shock:

#159471 by neanderpaul
Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:48 am
JW123, we would LOVE to get sone video of you guys in action!!