This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#159114 by KLUGMO
Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:55 am
Looks like a good time J.[/b]

#159115 by RGMixProject
Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:01 am
Ok so I started watching the video

I love that song

Oh yea

I love that song too

Hey

Thats a cool song

Honey check out this band

Oh I love that song

Thats a cool band thay got some great lights

Oh

I like that song too.....do we have that song

Your band should play that.....

Thanks dear now go to your room :lol:
Last edited by RGMixProject on Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

#159116 by KLUGMO
Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:02 am
With a second look. It appears you are not getting the full effect of
your lighting equipment due to too much white light. Maybe a Black
sheet over entire background to enhance your lights.
JMHO

Maybe some dark rugs under you guys to prevent reflection.

#159118 by J-HALEY
Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:11 am
LOL RGM, It took Barry all day to do be able to get this much up as there is a learning curve and compatability issues! We do an UNBELIEVABLE version of Drift Away (kind of a bastardized version) between Dobie Grey, Uncle Cracker, & Mission Imposter. I asked Barry how did that one sound. He said that on his monitor it looks like you can reach out and touch us. He had to reduce the whole thing down to be able to post it to youtube.
Klug, we are looking at getting a Mister as apposed to that fog machine when we get that everything will be perfect for shooting live concert footage! Well maybe not LOL! :lol:

#159119 by gbheil
Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:23 am
KLUGMO wrote:With a second look. It appears you are not getting the full effect of
your lighting equipment due to too much white light. Maybe a Black
sheet over entire background to enhance your lights.
JMHO

Maybe some dark rugs under you guys to prevent reflection.

My thoughts too.
We carry a full flat black padded floor with us when we play indoors and sometimes even outdoors depending on the setting.
Some of these " puzzle mats " are visible in this photo.

I have to admit, I have had them for some time. They were the flooring from my MMA / Kung Fu gym but work great.
Just had to pick the little pieces of teeth out of them. :wink:

Another small critique ( even though you did not ask ) the spot light was overpowering and too large. It should illuminate from just above your head to the just below the bottom edge of your guitar.
Other wise it dominates the scene instead of accentuating it.
Last butt not least. I'd love to see your drummer at work.
Not your vocalist backside when he's not " in the spot light " he should yield the floor to the musicians ... all of them.

You guys look and sound great!

#159121 by KLUGMO
Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:36 am
Good observations sans.[/b]

#159122 by J-HALEY
Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:43 am
George, thanks so much for the critique! The spotlight you are wanting is exactly what Barry used to provide and he is working toward that end. As far as the lead vocalist he is a DIVA. Nice guy in general but still has some things to learn! eRock (the drummer) puts on a HELL of a show and my wife has the same complaint as you (about not being able to see the drummer). When you work with a singer at this level unfortunately you have to accept the bad with the good! :lol:

#159123 by gbheil
Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:01 am
Understandable ... but surely if you explain it to him that HE will look better and be more appealing to the audience if not always in the limelight.

I've done my research ... I have to in order to offset my lack of experience.

It's like this ... if you always have chocolate in your mouth you have no appreciation for it.
Like the endless drum roll or never ending solo, a front man whom does not know how to play " peek a boo " with his audience will soon loose their attention.

That being said ... I'm the worlds worst about playing to my drummer with my back to our audience. :oops:

#159127 by neanderpaul
Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:48 am
Your singer has a very high range! Good backing vocals J! Good big sound. Good drummer. Good leads! How are you pulling off the harmony leads? great band man! Just a set harmonizer? Or did you have to program?
#159131 by PaperDog
Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:24 am
J-HALEY wrote:My friend Barry (sound and light man ) shot video with his new video camera!
folks this is what new technology can do in the right hands! Jerry and myself are sick as HELL!
Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRf8Uwk_DnM

Jeff, Yo guys are absolutely outstanding... Clean, and got the songs mastered and then some...

May I offer one tiny thing... As I watched the video, (realizing the camera work is a fixed position), I noticed that your singer seemed bound to one spot on the stage (primarily center) . Since he is basically the front man, and with his vocal capabilities, I would just say to cut loose from the center stage, and work that room like a Tyler, Jagger, Crows . You guys can clearly blow the roof off the house...and command those crowds... I'd say to the singer...Indulge! :)

#159134 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:18 pm
You know Jeff you guys sound really good. Sucks when you don't feel good and you pull off a gig. I really only have positive things to say about the playing.
The biggest negative I see with you guys is you are so putting on the music that you are not putting on a show. You guys are good, but boring.
Just looking at the pics from say JW or some of the other guys they are putting on a fun time. I don't know if you are going to catch my drift but you can't have your singer turning his back on your audience. He has to go and pump them up when he isn't singing.

Try and get your feet unglued and put on a show. Flock the music. Videos are great just make sure that light is coming from above or it is just blinding, and that suuuucks.

#159141 by jimmydanger
Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:35 pm
Good job Jeff! My only (small) remarks would be to dress a little better, move around a bit more and to pick out some tunes that aren't so old and overdone i.e. "Long Train Running".

#159146 by Lynard Dylan
Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:13 pm
You rock man, you make the band like a
good guitar player suppose to do.

Move around more? Jimmy must of missed
the dance on the Robert Palmer tune. :)

MY 2 cents on the lighting is it should be in
front of the band and blowing back or up high.
Even though down low is cool too. I guess I
don't know nothing about lights but I like them.

#159154 by J-HALEY
Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:01 pm
Paul that is a boss PS5 Harmonizer pedal. I use it on about 5 or 6 tunes. It is an awesome pedal and is a multi-functional pedal. However you have to preset the pitch and key. the way I have it set up I only have to change the pitch from a third to an octave. I leave it set in the key of G that seems to work (coincidentally) in all 5 songs!
Normally we move around a bit more! Jerry the lead singer and I were both feeling VERY puny from this bad cold that's going around! That was one of those gigs where you just try and do the best you can under the circumstances! I appreciate EVERYONE'S critique as this is the reason for shooting video and putting it up on this site. I'm going to keep on trying till I reach the highest ground! :wink: