This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#155346 by Lynard Dylan
Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:28 pm
Barry Sanders :shock:

#155371 by MikeTalbot
Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:47 am
Mike

ok - you don't like Hank Jr. Fair enough - I do but that's not germane.

But HankIIi? Puleeze.... Sings like a child and is trying so hard to be his dad. Nah...Nothing there.

btw - I did everything I could not to laugh at your iCoffin but just couldn't pull it off. :D

Talbot

#155379 by Jahva
Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:09 am
Mike Nobody wrote:Any country star who does an album with Sammy Hagar can blow me.
Hank Sr. & Hank III are wa-yyyyy better than him.
I wouldn't be caught dead at a honky tonk in the 80's anyway.
Really good country music died sometime around the mid-1970's.
Kenny Rogers & Dolly Parton singing "Islands in the Stream" was the final nail in the coffin.

:lol: :lol: :lol: !!!!!

#155382 by gbheil
Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:37 pm
Lynard Dylan wrote:Sans is right about all that phoney stuff on sports.
Hank Williams Jr. is a legend, his Dad is a legend.
He was probably stoned when he made those comments.
Must have been a slow day for the media to jump
on some comments by an admitted drunken, stoned,
cowboy. Will be quoting comments by Bert and Ernie next.

Now that's funny right there.

P.S. KISS ALIVE is / was one of the greatest rock album ever produced to date.

Simple raw and loud ... 8)

#155409 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:55 pm
Thats funny Sans, You picked up on that. BAHHAWAWA :)

#155410 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:57 pm
Good one LD. :)

#155420 by Lynard Dylan
Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:50 am
Mike you are a expert Honky Tonk music,
tho you never been in a Honky Tonk?

Guess I'm an expert on Punk music,
because I've slapped the p*ss out
of several punks in Honky Tonks. :lol:

#155422 by jw123
Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:58 pm
Im with Jimmy, Hank was just a dumbass when he opened his mouth.

We have freedom of speech in this country, that doesnt mean if we say something politically incorrect we wont be held accountable for it. As a musician on tour who is backed by say American Express, if the act is running around telling people they are using Visa, do you think American Express is going ot keep backing them, its the same thing, maybe a bit more extreme. If you hire someone to work for you and they call you ass hole all day, how long will you keep them employed? Its the same thing. Hank was under contract and had a hell of a deal going and he blew it, so what!

#155423 by gbheil
Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:02 pm
Say what you mean and mean what you say, damn the consequences ... or you can be somebody's bitch.
I guess we're all at choice.

#155430 by jw123
Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:56 pm
The funny thing is George in this day and age, ole Hank just enhanced his redneck image, and who knows may sell a few more records.

He got busted in Memphis a couple of years ago for being a little too blunt with a waitress, so some things never change.

#155492 by KandiceB
Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:51 am
Country performer Hank Williams, Jr. has been terminated by ESPN following certain acidic comments the performer made on Fox News. Williams' comments compared President Obama to Hitler. Initially defensive, the singer said his right to free speech had been violated. Later, Williams said sorry for the remarks, but still continues to be on the outs with the cable sports giant. Hank Williams, Jr. permanently suspended from Monday Night Football. I believe they could do more for the benefit of this country. Hank did not compare Obama to Hitler. It was just his opinion. I think they clearly overreacted to his statement.

#155493 by KandiceB
Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:53 am
The cable network has used Williams’ song “Are You Ready” to open its Monday Night Football broadcasts for the past 20 years. But after Williams made caustic remarks about the nation’s chief executive, ESPN pulled the intro from its broadcast Monday evening. The network said it was “very disappointed” with the singer’s remarks.

#155494 by KLUGMO
Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:58 am
It needed a change anywho.
Give someone else a chance[/b]

#155501 by jw123
Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:34 pm
Kandice, why are you dissapointed? The whole deal has nothing to do with you. As an employer, if one of my employees made comments along this line that somehow alienated my companys customers, I would have to terminate them, scream Freedom Of Speech all damn day, that doesnt give anyone the right to cut down anyone in this nature. If you were Jewish and heard this you would be pissed off.

Im with Klug also, give someone else a shot at it anyway.

Hank is and always will be a dumbass when it comes to PR, in some of his things this would help his image, but it didnt with ESPN. I dont really think most musicians should even comment on politics, cause most are so isolated from it anyway. What the hell do they really know about it anyway? Sometimes its just best to keep your trap shut, and seein how Hank is back stepping on this he realizes he screwed up, in todays world you rarely get a chance to right a wrong like this.

Another recent example was Charlie Sheen, another dumbass when it comes to PR. Hes started backtraking a bit too lately, he was one of the highest paid people in network history basically just playing himself, didnt even have to act, but the powers that be just got tired of his sh*t, and axed him.

#155514 by PaperDog
Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:01 pm
"jw123"]Kandice, why are you dissapointed? The whole deal has nothing to do with you. As an employer, if one of my employees made comments along this line that somehow alienated my companys customers, I would have to terminate them, scream Freedom Of Speech all damn day, that doesnt give anyone the right to cut down anyone in this nature. If you were Jewish and heard this you would be pissed off.

I Think Kandice said "the network was dissapointed"

Im with Klug also, give someone else a shot at it anyway

Totally agree...

Hank is and always will be a dumbass when it comes to PR, in some of his things this would help his image, but it didnt with ESPN. I dont really think most musicians should even comment on politics, cause most are so isolated from it anyway. What the hell do they really know about it anyway? Sometimes its just best to keep your trap shut, and seein how Hank is back stepping on this he realizes he screwed up, in todays world you rarely get a chance to right a wrong like this.

Right again, He is a dumb-ass and he reminds me of one of those Celeb kids who got spoiled rotten growing up... I like to call Hank Jr a member of the newest generation (The Reset Generation), where their lives are driven by an impulse to press the reset button when ever they make a mistake.

But at least we can be grateful he wasn''t chumming up to Hugo Chavez like Rizzoli was.

Another recent example was Charlie Sheen, another dumbass when it comes to PR. Hes started backtraking a bit too lately, he was one of the highest paid people in network history basically just playing himself, didnt even have to act, but the powers that be just got tired of his sh*t, and axed him.

Exactly! It looks like Charlie's "torpedo of truth" pulled a 120 degree search and scan... and whammo!...homing in on Charlie, now.... yikes!