This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities in America.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

Which instrument is least often played?

4%
22%
7%
15%
52%

#147180 by Dawu d
Thu May 26, 2011 11:32 pm
please delete
Last edited by Dawu d on Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#147194 by ChaosZen
Fri May 27, 2011 3:14 pm
Are free accounts able to use messaging? I honestly cannot remember if the reason I upgraded was to reply to messages or to be able to send initial messages.

#147317 by dpharris
Tue May 31, 2011 4:26 pm
ChaosZen wrote:Are free accounts able to use messaging? I honestly cannot remember if the reason I upgraded was to reply to messages or to be able to send initial messages.

Free accounts cannot send or respond to messages.

dp
#153936 by TX_Rocker
Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:06 pm
He bud, I'm a bass player and Drummer with many years of experience. I took a look at your page and saw that we jam to the same genres of music. hit me back on here or on my yahoo e-mail (o s u w x m a n). Hope to hear from ya soon, peace!

#153951 by gbheil
Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:50 pm
Unless things have changed, those with free accounts can respond to premier members.

#154635 by seekingsophia
Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:35 am
I read about 1/3 of the first page and decided to go ahead and post something, so I'm not sure what I missed. Anyways, personally I feel really bad about this whole ordeal. I'm a bass player and singer. I know several bands that would kill just to get a bassist, and here I am standing right in front of them and can't help because I'm already committed to a band. Keys aren't really a big problem for us because tons of people around my area play keys. What we would really love to have is a violinist. I've heard several bands use them in rock songs, and the way they are used just sounds amazing.

#155105 by A Persuasive Reason
Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:16 pm
Read some earlier posts too. I agree with the whole flunkee guitarist thing. Run into a bunch of those.

I started on Trombone at 10, Started Bass at 11. reason for bass was because I could read bass clef sheet music for my trombone and had loads of sheet music resources to learn on playing trombone lines on my bass. Shortly after understanding more about the bass, I came to the conclusion that a really good bass player has a better chance of getting work, so I focused heavily on it in my teens...

So yes, although I can play guitar, piano, and various other brass instruments, I am a pure-blood bass player. It's a shame I see alot of adds for a bassist over 1000 miles away.

Maybe I should buy a plane... :-)

#155126 by blues edge
Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:56 am
philbymon wrote:I'm a singer.

I'm a bass player.

I'm tired of waiting for ppl to discover me & use me like the tool that I am.

I have no pride, ppl. I've played a few rap songs. I've played bluegrass. I like the jam stuff, but not exclusively. Blues, rock , country, jazz, pop, metal, folk...I just don't even care anymore. Just let me play sumpin, DAMMIT!

(I also play rhythm & write stuff...yeah...I'm one of those converted/perverted guitar players that learned bass, but at least I was willing to do it. My playing is pretty good & my attitude toward the music & as a team player is always top-notch. WHERE ARE YOU PPL? Other states. GRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!)

I need to move.
im in illinois & need a bass player , our last bass player was a w. virginia transplant

#155354 by stupidscreenname
Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:59 pm
Bassmandre wrote:We are out here. Some of us play bass and sing. Just have to keep searching. :D
amen

#155443 by PaperDog
Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:06 pm
ZeldaTetraSheik wrote:I am a singer and piano player. I am having trouble finding any other parts of my band at all lol XD

If you plan to use Band Mix to locate your resources, a couple of tips:
1) Pay for a premium acct (So you can message people appropriately)
2) Post your work. How do I know about you? I'm guessing you play piano, and sing (cause you said you did...) So, Prove it .... with a solid demo 8)

#155449 by PaperDog
Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:47 pm
ZeldaTetraSheik wrote:
PaperDog wrote:
ZeldaTetraSheik wrote:I am a singer and piano player. I am having trouble finding any other parts of my band at all lol XD

If you plan to use Band Mix to locate your resources, a couple of tips:
1) Pay for a premium acct (So you can message people appropriately)
2) Post your work. How do I know about you? I'm guessing you play piano, and sing (cause you said you did...) So, Prove it .... with a solid demo 8)

Hmmmm. You sound like you are experienced. I am not going to fight a battle that I am going to lose lol

BUT. I firmly believe in auditioning for the band that I am trying to participate in.

But I just made my account last night, so I will have to work on everything you just suggested. I don't have any recordings of projects that I want to list on the internet just yet. I do have some crappy recordings on my youtube though.... XD www.youtube.com/zeldatetrasheik No singing recording unfortunately. I really need to get on that. <_<; Just some classical piano pieces that I've written.

Thank you for your suggestions! I appreciate them and am going to get on those things right away!

Actually.. I'm not that experienced...but I do know that credibility opens more doors. To get there, you gotta expose, Certainly no battle here (Trying to spare you some agony from the peanut gallery :wink: ) You can post your you-tube link under the videos section of your account. That will be a good start...