This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#155143 by Jon Nilsen
Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:01 pm
The man is entitled to his opinion. The problem is that everyone expects celebrities to be... well, smart. At least smart enough to know you are not the sharpest knife in the drawer and keep your mouth shut. Just because the man has musical talent doesn't make him a political pundit.

#155152 by J-HALEY
Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:34 pm
If you don't believe Jon Nilson just ask the Dixie Chicks LMAO! Notice they aint making any political comments these days!:lol:

#155153 by KISS ALIVE the TRIBUTE
Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:36 pm
Slacker G wrote:
PaperDog wrote:Holy Crap!
Much as I cant stand the current Administration, I'd have to say that its a kick in the nuts to compare anybody to Hitler... Hank was not thinking straight when he said it...In fact, I don't really think he meant to suggest Obama was like Hitler.. I think, he pulled that out of his ass to complete an allegory about the golf course present company, and instead , he wound up pretzeling his size 13 Tony Lamas into his mouth.

F***Ck ESPN for booting him... I could cite a whole list of racist, misanthropic, misogynistic things that ESPN anchors and producers have pulled... Man I hate the f**king hypocracy!

Listen to it. He did NOT call him Hitler, he was making a comparison saying that a Jew and a Nazi playing golf together should have been as likely as a Rep and a Dem getting along in this political climate. He was angry that the whip would be hanging with this regime leader.
And he was right. They did conspire amongst themselves to play the people with the bill for the temporary budget that was passed against the will of a lot of reps. It was an analogy such as God and the Devil playing golf together. :)

The Hank Williams Jr issue isn't about anything other than a political agenda enforced by progressives and believed by idiots and fools.
Anyone can say just about anything they want in this country.
We have that right protected by law. It is a damned shame that the left-wing liberal progressive manure eaters have not just attempted to but have succeed in controlling our counties way of thinking and our actions / reactions. The tool they6 use is PC ( Politically Correct )
Anytime they decide that a topic, word, action or comment is against their agenda or supports or could be believed to support their opposition, they will vilify it. They will destroy it with verbal attacks and PC correctness. Anyone who has heard the full comment that Hank made can clearly 100% comprehend that his statement did not compare Obamma with Hitler it was a generalization of massive contrast of huge contradiction and nothing more.

Nancy Pelosi ( COW (( C*nt on Wheels)) made a statement during a press conference and made a direct comparison of George W Bush and Hitler. If thats not the pot calling the kettle black then WTF is ?

Anyone who would support these people is a fool. Anyone who believes their progressive propaganda and B.S. is an idiot. Hank got screwed because of a political agenda and nothing more. If these a$$ monkeys get re-elected wait and see what else happens to all of us.

#155156 by J-HALEY
Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:46 pm
Well said Kiss, We will see how folks vote in Nov. 2012. They Can silence some of the conservatives with p.c. now But I'm pretty sure they can't do the same come 11/2012 8)

#155158 by jimmydanger
Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:49 pm
The point you're all so conveniently missing is: yes, we have free speech in this country. Hank can say whatever he wants, he's not in any legal trouble. But his employer also has the right to terminate him if they deem his free speech goes against what the company stands for. He's an idiot for saying it, and a bigger idiot for saying it on TV.

#155159 by J-HALEY
Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:16 pm
My point is that the p.c. road is a 2 way street Jimmy. It silenced a right leaning Hank Williams recently and it also silenced the more left leaning Dixie Chicks a few years back!

#155167 by Lynard Dylan
Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:46 pm
Sans is right about all that phoney stuff on sports.
Hank Williams Jr. is a legend, his Dad is a legend.
He was probably stoned when he made those comments.
Must have been a slow day for the media to jump
on some comments by an admitted drunken, stoned,
cowboy. Will be quoting comments by Bert and Ernie next.

#155189 by Mike Nobody
Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:46 am
f**k that idiot Hank Jr.
He's a disgrace to his father's memory and an embarrassment to his son.
He's also never been as talented as either one.

#155196 by PaperDog
Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:31 am
jimmydanger wrote:Howard Cosell got canned years ago for saying stupid sh*t, and Hank Williams II was also properly fired. You can't defend stupid.

I will agree, that what Williams said was patently stupid.
I'm thinking a suspension would not have killed ESPN. The only reason those turds fired Williams, is because the advertisers complained and started pulling Ads. I can also tell you that they waited around like a bunch of f**king vultures, hoping Williams would someday F**K it up , cause they don't particularly like him to begin with. (Redneck vs hip hop) .

This aint really about Williams using the word Hitler in the same sentence with OBAMA. I mean, who gets fired for sh*t like that..Seriously?

#155231 by Mike Nobody
Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:43 pm
Hank Williams Jr. Compares President Obama To Hitler

http://youtu.be/-ROqgU3Nt2M

#155251 by Lynard Dylan
Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:03 pm
Mike they need to sit you in a room with
a big hooter and a bottle of whiskey and
make you listen to some Hank Jr stuff, and then
you'd know how good he is.
He was better than his Dad or his son.
If you played in honky tonks in the 80s
you better play some Jr.
He was that large

#155252 by Mike Nobody
Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:21 pm
Lynard Dylan wrote:Mike they need to sit you in a room with
a big hooter and a bottle of whiskey and
make you listen to some Hank Jr stuff, and then
you'd know how good he is.
He was better than his Dad or his son.
If you played in honky tonks in the 80s
you better play some Jr.
He was that large

He had a few hits...very few.
Mostly, he sucks ass.
Any country star who does an album with Sammy Hagar can blow me.
Hank Sr. & Hank III are wa-yyyyy better than him.
I wouldn't be caught dead at a honky tonk in the 80's anyway.
Really good country music died sometime around the mid-1970's.
Kenny Rogers & Dolly Parton singing "Islands in the Stream" was the final nail in the coffin.

#155262 by PaperDog
Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:20 am
Mike Nobody wrote:Hank Williams Jr. Compares President Obama To Hitler

http://youtu.be/-ROqgU3Nt2M

I dont Think Obama is anything remotely close to being a Hitler... I also think Williams is an idiot ... But I'll be damned if the f**cking Press isnt trying to stick its cock up the public's ass with this You Tube Video...

#155335 by jimmydanger
Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:39 pm
Lion's great Barry Sanders takes over for Williams Monday night with the Lions vs the Bears.

#155341 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:04 pm
Pelosi said something very similar about Bush. She still has her job.

I guess the point is performers should shut up and politicians can get away with more.

This is a twisted society. SMILE.