This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities in America.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#152901 by Jahva
Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:40 pm
Umbra,
You found a keeper (vocals) imo. He's got that kinda lazy English touch to his style. Shows good emotion to compliment what you wrote. There's definetly English influence in your music and composition.
Good to hear quality original music. Even if it's not on the radio.
Thanks again. :)

#152919 by Greg Bullock
Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:21 pm
Jahva wrote:Umbra,
You found a keeper (vocals) imo. He's got that kinda lazy English touch to his style. Shows good emotion to compliment what you wrote. There's definetly English influence in your music and composition.
Good to hear quality original music. Even if it's not on the radio.
Thanks again. :)

Yes, I am, and always have been influenced by early Prog, 80's Brit-Pop and what those bands are still doing. Especially, Peter Gabriel, Depeche Mode, Simple Minds. and Porcupine Tree.

The singer on Stop The Time has fallen by the wayside. While he is a good singer, sometimes I just don't have the patience to carry the baggage others bring into a project. I have a new singer, more like a Bono style vocalist, who has a lot to offer, and is not leaving me to carry his baggage. We will begin vocal sessions in early September.

Talbot: You're welcome. It's a labor of love isn't it :D I've had my share of mis-steps and crashes ... I always learn much from those experiences.