This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Talk with other musicians and industry professionals.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#151747 by SingFromFeelStudio
Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:11 pm
My Bob Dylan epiphany: I have considered myself a singer since the age of 14. When I heard Bob sing in the 60s, I thought, what's a terrible singer like him doing on the air? We'll folks about 5 years ago: I got it. Bob sings with such incredibe feel, that most listeners just hear that. About 2 years ago Bob was voted as one of
the top 10 singers of all time by Rolling Stone magazine and I once again, I got it.
So before the above epiphany occured, I would teach technique and leave it at that. Now I teach that feel is King and technique is Queen. We find that when a singer is internally thinking, "am I on pitch, will I be able to hit the high note at the end of the song, etc. Their is no or little feel. Please stay tuned

#151895 by SingFromFeelStudio
Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:16 pm
So, what I think we can all learn from artists ala Bob is: that to sing successfully from feeling, we must first, memorize, memorize, memorize, pay our dues and never think of any thing but the lyric or story we are feeling. And the best part, is that it all comes from our internal drive and desire to enjoy music and art. If we are forced to sing or play, it will not be art.