This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities in America.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#149263 by Dom Gio
Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:42 pm
Is anyone expiriencing the pain of 2 bandmates that are married to each other? 1 is commited and very good and the other would be out on his ass if it was not for his wife. and the wife is our singer so that makes it alot harder. any advice?

#149282 by Lynard Dylan
Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:43 pm
Whenever I'm in a group with women in the band
I always end up trying to do them
It's a flaw, but I have fun

#149289 by Starfish Scott
Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:57 pm
(looks away laughing)(nails tongue to floor) lol

#149320 by fisherman bob
Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:55 pm
Capt Scott wrote:(looks away laughing)(nails tongue to floor) lol
DITTO
#149338 by Black57
Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:59 pm
Dom Gio wrote:Is anyone expiriencing the pain of 2 bandmates that are married to each other? 1 is commited and very good and the other would be out on his ass if it was not for his wife. and the wife is our singer so that makes it alot harder. any advice?

I would hope that these bandmates were hired as individuals.Honestly one should not have anything to do with the other. If she is serious about this band, she will still be serious AND committed if the husband is put on notice, or even fired. Remember this is a business and should be treated like a business.

#149339 by gbheil
Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:32 pm
Advice ?

You made the mistake ... live with it, or start over.

Not trying to be a dick.
Just how I see it.

#149466 by Jahva
Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:36 pm
I guess if the husband is not cutting it... it should be apparent to the wife as well. If she wants a bad player in the group, do you really want her in the group?
I know how hard it is to find a good vocalist but what is your finished product gonna sound like? Sounds like you're not ok with Pete Best.
Just sayin... :roll:

#149478 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:50 pm
This is probably going to rub females the wrong way....

But I refuse to play in a band with a woman. This is inevitable if you do.

not to mention you need separate hotel rooms, and the daily drama.

#149507 by gbheil
Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:56 pm
yod wrote:This is probably going to rub females the wrong way....

But I refuse to play in a band with a woman. This is inevitable if you do.

not to mention you need separate hotel rooms, and the daily drama.

I take some exception to that myself, however so slight.
Not all women are the cause of drama, and a few, a damn few, know how to nip that sh*t in the bud before it ever starts.
I really try to avoid absolutes, as I believe death and final judgment, are the only things that are truly ... inevitable.
No matter how likely. :lol:

#149511 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:07 am
sanshouheil wrote:I take some exception to that myself, however so slight.

that ABSOLUTELY proves you've never toured with a woman.

:lol:

No, I'm not saying it is the woman's fault that there is drama. It's usually the males in the band because there is a woman nearby that they want to jump on. But it's also rare that a woman will share a bed in a hotel room with a guy she isn't "sleeping" with. If that were to happen, you'd have the guys fighting over which one was splitting that bed.

But I wouldn't even bring my wife on a short tour because she takes too damn long to put on makeup.

Probably like Etu.... LOL

#149521 by gbheil
Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:26 am
:lol:

#149543 by Eddie V
Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:24 am
They say "Love is blind".

In my experience with married band mates.....Love is also deaf.

:roll:

#149576 by Chaeya
Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:10 pm
Some of y'all need to be hit over the head with my cane.

First of all, this thread isn't about women, it's about two people married and one can't cut it.

Dude, you're in New York, there's singers all over the place. If the guy has to go, she either deals with it or they both bail. If she's a Pat Benatar type of front person where you guys aren't sh*t without her, then you have to take that into consideration and may just have to swallow the bitter pill. Otherwise, go look for a replacement and when you find him or her - put them on standby, then approach the singer with the ultimatum. My rule is no one ever has me by my short and curlies, so I know who my weakest link is and I'm ready to replace them if need be.

Second, I'm in a band full of men, one I'm married to. He pulls his weight because he's a bad ass guitar player and he writes all the music. Weak links have no place in my band as far as performance goes, I only work with professional level musicians, and the nice thing is I live in a city where there's tons of them.

Third, ya ain't gettin' any of this. Simple as that. A guy can act as stupid as he wants, it ain't happening. I can sleep in the damn car, don't care. I already got one musician and that's a pain in the ass enough, I don't want another one. If I'm gonna get some it won't be from my band. Try as you might, ain't gonna happen and everyone respects my husband and definitely respects me. I'm in this game to make money and make a name for myself and my band, that's established from the getgo.

Outside of that, as long as you show up for rehearsals, show up for the gigs and do what it is you're supposed to do, we don't have a problem, and all I do is show up and sing and dance. Nobody should be in the band grandstanding or acting like a star because right now there's no real money to be had and even then, the beautiful thing about being one that's been around the block, I'm over people and their bullshit.

I'm Wyatt Muthafuckin' Earp if he was a woman, and there won't be a problem!

Chaeya

#149580 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:25 pm
Chaeya wrote:Some of y'all need to be hit over the head with my cane.

Chaeya

and tied up with leather straps???