This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Talk with other musicians and industry professionals.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#135480 by gbheil
Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:59 am
Posting some samples of your work on your profile will enhance your search.
I was able to complete our group over a period of months utilizing the search function.
I searched in my geographic area almost daily and sent messages to everyone whom was active within the preceding 48hrs irrelevant of their genre'.
You can expect a send / return ratio of 10 to 1 or worse.
Be not discouraged and persist.
Best wishes.

#143804 by Drumsinhisheart
Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:14 pm
Back when I was an atheist, if I read this thread I would have laughed until I cried. But now, being a committed Christian I must admit reading the last 14 pages has been quite fascinating and informative on many levels. The discussion back in 2007 and 2008 was quite interesting, in a painful sort of way.

It seems there are as many opinions and beliefs about "Christianity" and "Christian music" as there are Christian churches. "Music" being what it is, that is understandable.

Christ prayed for unity. Unity will come for a remnant. Until then ... more interesting reading, I expect.

#146254 by drag57
Sun May 08, 2011 4:37 pm
we had this so called christian musician audition once and his infls were iron maiden,black sabbath as stated on bandmix.this guy came down, loved our sh*t,he especially love one song in peticular called night of hell.it is a devil song and he love it,so any way we were making plans for another rehearsal,he never showed up.we called him and his wife got on the phone and said he could no longer play in this band because of the music.well here`s the clincher,he was the only one that drank in the band!we were this close to bringing him over to the darkside

#146256 by gbheil
Sun May 08, 2011 5:02 pm
Drinking is a sin ??? :lol:
Better finish this beer quickly before God notices.

Christians are SAVED from our sin, not free of it.

I always get a laugh on folk ( especially Christians ) that think somehow we are different or better than everybody else.

That's just bullshit ... I'm a SINNER HELLLLOOOOO :lol:

#146813 by rushing
Thu May 19, 2011 12:55 am
I will say Gods word says that drinking to the point of being DRUNK is a sin,not that taking a drink is a sin,and I pray for you who serve satan,I did, had the devils bible and all,was all in,and you who think its cool and mock it,well hell is not going to be a party, I thank my God that He saved me from that and I hope He dose the same for all. trust me the devil he lies and will take you to one place you dont want to go.singing songs that bring glory to the devil will kill you,mind body and soul.
#147832 by MAJOR MIND
Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:08 am
[quote="rhart1817"]I am a regular at a church here in town, but it is not your usual Baptist church. They have a pretty good band that plays before the service, and they also play at other churches and they are trying to get some gigs at a few select venues.

I mentioned BandMix, but the next week they said that there wasn't much in the way of Christian musicians. Are there any faith based musicians here?[/quote

I write some songs to honor the LORD but they're of the hard rock variety. Not much happening up here in northern Nevada anyway.

#147837 by gbheil
Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:29 am
We are here.

[img][img]http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm74/sanshouheil/NKFEP.jpg[/img][/img]

#147889 by rushing
Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:34 pm
We are everywhere,jus have to look. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

#151323 by Soundsational-Sence
Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:07 am
I think every musican here is faith based.Because when we joined this site we all had the faith that it would lead to what we are looking for in our musical endeavors. :wink:

#151338 by Etu Malku
Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:57 am
Soundsational-Sence wrote:I think every musican here is faith based.Because when we joined this site we all had the faith that it would lead to what we are looking for in our musical endeavors. :wink:
Think again