This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Rate your favorite bands and albums.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#147027 by Dylan J
Mon May 23, 2011 3:45 pm
I think when people think great guitar they automatically go to names like Hendrix, Paige, and now that guitar hero made him more famous with younger people, Slash. but who do you think is the most underrated lead guitarist, the guys who play with the big boys but dont get the credit. I think id have to go with Mick Mars from Motley Crue. Any thoughts?

#147277 by Stephen17015
Mon May 30, 2011 6:44 pm
Dean DeLeo from Stone Temple Pilots. Outstanding melodic/rhythmic/solo lead guitarist.

#147441 by Amon Shreder
Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:48 am
i agree with you on Mick Mars, i hear more about Tommy lee then mick. which is unusual

#147566 by bundydude
Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:54 am
Criss Olivia (Savatage), Jake E. Lee, Jeff Waters (Annilator), Nick Bowcott (Grim Reaper), Geoff Thorpe (Vicious Rumors), David T. Chastain, Uli Jon Roth, Gary Moore, Ronnie Montrose, Larry Barragan/Andre Corbin (Helstar-"Nosferatu" era), Aaron Jellum/Phil Kettner (Laaz Rockit-"Know Your Enemy" era). Thats just what I came up with off the top of my head. Horns up!!!

#147596 by Crunchysoundbite
Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:38 pm
Caleb Quaye of the Elton John Band. Elton was/ is great, but where would he be w/o Caleb Quaye. Just think of songs like Saterday's alright for fightin' or any other and you will get my meaning in short order.

#150130 by fisherman bob
Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:48 am
Crunchysoundbite wrote:Caleb Quaye of the Elton John Band. Elton was/ is great, but where would he be w/o Caleb Quaye. Just think of songs like Saterday's alright for fightin' or any other and you will get my meaning in short order.
. Was Davey Johnstone one of Elton's guitarists?

#151272 by Original Guitarist
Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:26 pm

Roy Buchanan

he was suppose to have a pick off agaisnt hendrix and is amazing in i hus original own right.

#152889 by fisherman bob
Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:18 am
Roy Buchanan and Freddie King are still my all time favorite guitarists. There's quite a few really good Youtube videos of Roy, especially from a show he did in Austin 1976. Royz Bluz and The Messiah Will Come Again are astonishing.

#152997 by jeremynoah
Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:02 pm
I think because Prince is known as a pop icon more than as a guitar player his incredible guitar abilities often go overlooked

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=madax7-lMvM

#153597 by Lynard Dylan
Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:39 pm
Terry Kath laid down some killer solos.

Yes Davey Johnstone played with Elton,
But Dee Murray the bass player for Elton ,
during this same period is one of the all time greats,
Nigel Olson on drums rounded out Elton's band,
It don't get much better than that

When Dee quit the group Elton's music suffered.

#153708 by blues edge
Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:42 pm
[quote="Lynard Dylan"]Terry Kath laid down some killer solos.

25 or 6 to 4!

#153829 by epubcar
Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:30 pm
Obscure but great is Philipe du Mignon of the Lyon, France based group Tenderloin Merde. Among their many Euro-hits are Tu le Twage` and Cardon moi Fecale Momorgue.