This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Talk with other musicians and industry professionals.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#145074 by toxicmetal11
Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:41 pm
My band is playing a gig on Fri, April 22nd as two guys who have been around the scene for decades and one who is only 19 and is coming into this with a whole lot of talent but no business sense. I formed the band so I guess I'm the one who has the monumental task of figuring out how, what, where, when and if. EPKs, web sites, Facebook, Twitter, business cards, four song demos. The Internet has allowed thousands of talentless idiots to get a piece of the pie with a click of the mouse. Its sick. Why does half the United States want to be a star? To see some new Hip-Hop artist CD cover with the muscle dude leaning against a shiney new Mercedes sporting a look and pose that screams "I got it going on, and I never even paid no dues" I can't type anymore, its got to be obvious to everyone at this forum what I'm getting at. I'll leave ya with this: I'm 50-yrs-young and barely look 40 (the pic on my bandmix site if you click on the url was taken a year ago) but I don't have a clue if I'm just doing an excersise in futility. Originally I wanted to be a studio musician, pumping out prpfessionally recorded CDs onto TuneCore and making it clear that I will never see the inside of a nightclub or play regional tours. No way. Just dig my music and leave it at that. Apparently this is not ppssible.Anyone out there agree? :evil: