This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#143667 by neanderpaul
Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:57 pm
Good luck bro!

#143669 by Chaeya
Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:00 pm
I understand, Crip, really that blows, and I'm glad you were able to get it out of your system. Sometimes it's good to let people know how you're feeling, and you can be amazed at just how clueless some people are. I'm interested to know what his excuse would be.

Chaeya

#143671 by jw123
Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:30 pm
To me its just some sort of jealousy, unless Crip just smacked the hell out of them along the way.

In my younger days sad to say it but I was a member of the more metal minded music scene in Memphis and this was just par for the course. I actually found the "working cover bands" to be way more humble and more forgiving, in fact they regularly refer others to bands for good gigs. The metal scene was never that way, theyd take your drummer or bass player, smoke all your dope, screw your gf, bad mouth you to anyone that would listen, steal gigs, steal equipment, just all greedy bastards it seems to me looking back on it.

In the end who cares who the best guitarist is or who has the biggest kahunas or best gf, if everyone in a community would work together they could make it better for everyone, but no.

Anyway rant over LOL

Good Luck Crip, you are a very very talented guitarist from all the videos Ive watched of you over the past several years, you dont have to bow down to all those posers. Just remain true to you!

#143673 by Lynard Dylan
Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:16 pm
I never thought I'd say this but I've been playing with a talented 10 piece group at church. They are such nice people, and talented musicians, and the crowds are usually large and very receptive and apprecative. We pracrice on Wednesday nights until about 10 pm, and usully play Sunday mornings and travel and play out on Sunday afternoons. I truly love it, I don't care if I step foot in another bar again. Boy do they like original christian themed music. The music is the same as I would have wrote for a bar band, the words are different wrote with I think deeper meaning. Well thats my two cents, but its changed my music playing totally. Just bought a new Taylor acoustic to play (310ce) it's sweet, and play my piano and banjo more than I ever did out live. While its not for everybody man it works for me. Your good crip and funny, but I absqabulate.
#143715 by johnnya
Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:51 am
I have a family of 5 kids and a wife, what i do is try not to be bigtime, hooked up with bassist and drummer who work with me, it may take you time but find people that must understand what you do and have, your the guitarist that has the songs. I started back up in 97 playing again, with once a week rehearsal cause thats what i could do, recently i practice now 2xs a week and have started up playing, ive gotten home at 4am too. you might take a break and refigure plans that are around your family, I put them 1st and they give me the time to jam, I learned a lot from the past, applied it today, and hoping tommorrow happens. Time, that's what it all is. Take care and God bless. 8)
#143829 by Crunchysoundbite
Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:57 am
Don't know about them, but I'm jealous of your Gibby!

#143831 by J-HALEY
Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:49 am
I am totally blown away by society! Damn I am Old school! Why in the hell can't people just do what in the HELL they said they would do? :shock: :!:

I Love New York f**k EM! :lol:
#143835 by Crip2nite
Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:20 pm
Crunchysoundbite wrote:Don't know about them, but I'm jealous of your Gibby!

Got rid of all my Gibby's and was in the process of getting rid of my PRS....was gonna stop playing again for a while and figured when I got the itch again, I'd just go and buy more! Waaaayy too much drama the past 5 years with all my bands so when the last one broke up, I just threw my hands in the air and decided to quit playing....only to get a call from THE FUSE asking me if I wanted to replace their lead axe... I knew they've been around for a loooong time and the promise of $$ at every gig no matter what(never under $100.00) piqued my interest even more. So there I went to their audition and passed with flying colors only to realize I sold ALL axes! Luckily my debut was New Years Eve so my wife decided to buy me a beautiful Silveburst Gibson LP for X-Mas...(It's actually a Studio, which I've never liked but has all the Hardware of the Standards and the neck is beautiful....It's the only Studio they made this way and screams on stage) with the promise that no matter whatever happens, even if I quit playing, that I'll never sell this one! So now I just have my Taylor Acoustic, PRS SC250 and the LP... Not looking to acquire anything more until I straighten my mind out if I wanna keep doing this or not! :roll:

#143840 by gbheil
Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:18 pm
I think you should quit all together and send those axes to me. :wink:

#143850 by neanderpaul
Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:37 pm
:lol:

#143851 by gbheil
Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:52 pm
:lol:

Good one ...

#143864 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:41 pm
I have to admit that was a very quick fix. :lol:

#143902 by Lynard Dylan
Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:48 pm
I don't know you at all and you can't spell a word correctly that Daffy Duck made up :roll: