This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#14256 by Craig Maxim
Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:35 am
Captain Scott wrote:Craig, if you can't say it in a shorter manner, save it. You aren't writing a book.

I was hoping to save you the decades of stupidity you seem hell bent on.

Was that short enough?

#14259 by Starfish Scott
Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:05 am
I appreciate the gesture, Craig and "yes, it was".

#14272 by Franny
Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:57 am
Captain Scott wrote:
Franny, you want to throw the leg one more time before this thread is cooked?

Are you suggesting, i should cock my leg up and pee on something? :oops:

#14279 by jw123
Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:30 pm
Mama allways told me if you cant stand the heat stay out of the kitchen.

This is a public forum and anything goes so if you open the door you may open Pandoras box and not get what your looking for.

Most of us older musicians at some point played live. I remember being in a metal band and playing a club that had country all over the juke box. Needless to say after the first set we were told to leave. That was a lot worse than getting dissed on a web site! Believe me.

Technology today allows people to throw their material out there before its ready. 20 yrs ago you spent real money in a studio to get a decent demo done, so you really tryed to do your best. Its not the same now, everyone is a closet musician. Everyone is the next American Idol.

I happened to listen to the songs in question here before they were deleted, I didnt think they were bad, I didnt necesarrily think they were good either. In fact I didnt know what to say.

When I built my house a few years ago I built a couple of cabinets in my garage to hold a couple of 4x12 cabinets. I put in jacks for mics and speaker wires to my office so I could record (LOUD). I had a old hound dog and whenever I would start playing he would come in the pet door and start howling. I left it on a few tapes I made, some of my buddies thought it was funny. But you know maybe I should have listened to what that ole dog was telling me. Maybe someone should have turned the recorder off when the baby started crying.

I guess in the end you have to develop thick skin to play original music cause you are bearing your soul for others to see. All I can say is the strong will survive.

I race dirt bikes and at the end of the day you know where you stand, maybe music should be that way.

JW 123

#14315 by Starfish Scott
Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:44 pm
LOL See this stems from myself putting up this thread and M not stopping herself from jumping in and trying to give her 1 cent advice, even though the thread was really about her and she didn't know.

The part I like is every tom, dick and harry wanting to give a kick because she has a temper tantrum, deleted all her stuff and left.

You wanna talk? So talk. I draw the line when I get hit with spit, until then I may not agree, but that's fine.

She was mud. The uploads were badly recorded at best. I didn't like her, but that had little to do with my estimation of what she was capable of.

Now if anyone is still pissy, we can all hold hands and sing "Kumbya".

#14325 by Starfish Scott
Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:09 pm
Darth, she was a real interesting type of candidate. If you read some of her posts, you'd get a feel for what she was about. (reads whacko)

Last time I checked it was ok not to like someone, as long as you were honest in what you said to them. ( I was hoping she would read the thread and just figure out what I meant, moving to higher ground well before the coming storm)

She did not though and although she could dish it, she certainly couldn't take it. Kind of like complaining that someone is a bad shot, until the barrel was pointed at you and the hammer is cocked.

#14328 by jimmydanger
Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:21 pm
I would be careful about throwing stones, living in a glass house and all.

#14336 by Starfish Scott
Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:49 pm
You just repeated my favorite line of all.

And I didn't want to throw ANY stones.

In reality I was curious to how you "diplomatic" types would have handled it.

Instead I got the bull and her horns.

#14340 by Irminsul
Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:35 am
"Diplomacy is the art of saying "Nice doggie" while picking up a large rock" - Will Rogers

#14344 by Craig Maxim
Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:46 am
Irminsul wrote:"Diplomacy is the art of saying "Nice doggie" while picking up a large rock" - Will Rogers

Another one...

"A diplomat is one who sees a person with a hole in his head and tells him he has an open mind"

#14387 by Starfish Scott
Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:15 am
f**k yeah, Darth. For a newcomer here, you sure know the score.