This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#14205 by jw123
Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:29 pm
I got 3 songs up finally in mp3.

Id appreciate a little feedback.

Thanks

JW

#14208 by Starfish Scott
Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:58 pm
John, a lot of potential there. What's right? the guitar sounds good, but a little segmented, as in try to play it with less breaks. The first tune is interesting, although oddly constructed. The solo would have been better if you didn't pause during it. I realize that may be your phrasing, but I liked the overall sound, just need more to stay with it.

What's wrong - The singer's voice isn't matching up. He sounds like Fastway or Warrant. Try having him do his thing an octave lower. The first tune in particular would be better with that 1st guitar riff repeated as an intro. If the vocalist had a lower sound, it would take on a slightly different feel. A more bluesy thing, instead of metal. He's a tenor, right? Try it in a baritone range.

Just opinion, remember CONSIDER THE SOURCE.

If you want to stay with that type of vocal, I'd say your guitarist had better get heavier.

#14209 by Franny
Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:10 pm
Your drummer needs a click track.

#14274 by jw123
Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:10 pm
Thanks for the input.

Im lazy and ussually just throw down a rythym guitar track and build from there. These songs didnt have a click track. I just layer everything on. Im also not very much of a drummer so I just tap out rythyms with my fingers in real time with a little Boss drum machine I have.

Last night I was working on a new song. I stopped everything and put down a click track, which I think will help as I build the song. I just hate spending too much time cause things sound sterile when you do that. I like to run thru all my parts in 1 or 2 takes. I guess I should start taking a little more time and think about the end result. Also I need to find some one good with programing drums or a drummer, I just hate micing everything up. I have my recorder set up all the time so when the urge strikes I do it.

Once again thanks for the input.

See You At The Races

JW 123