This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Chat about the latest toys and innovations.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#111782 by Pete Zaiatz
Mon May 17, 2010 10:37 am
These days it's a Peavey C30, Line 6 Floor Pod Plus on the effects loop. A PRS SE SIngle Cut that I put coiltaps in. A 92 Tele standard. An Ovation Celeb for one or two songs. I also throw in some differing pedals like the VestaFire distortion on the PRS or the Aria CP10 when using the tele for more even tone.

#112428 by Tronix
Tue May 25, 2010 3:43 pm
ESP LTD F-414FM in Black cherry (transparent blood red), 4 string, neck through bass, active electronics, grover tuners..

GK Backline 600, 300watt bass head

Peavey TVX410, 4X10 bass cabinet

Home made and monster cables

My next investment, is a upgraded head, I want more power, better tone, and a built in compressor..not sure what I'm going to get yet, I was looking at tube heads but I get mixed reviews for tube bass heads..got any suggestions, I play metal mostly, but I'm eclectic and can be found playing anything from metal to blues, R&B, you name it, I like versatility.

#113033 by MartyP68
Mon May 31, 2010 11:36 pm
Guitar- Epi Les Paul-(no mods or anything it just sounds so good when I play it).

Effects- Snarling Dogs wonder wah, BBE soul vibe, Digitech tone driver & Digitech RP155

Amp-Crate RFX120( Until I get something better it stays.)

My goal for next yr is to get a decent amp,like maybe a 50 watt amp or something and also maybe another les paul.

#117034 by Tom from Darien
Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:18 pm
1999 Historic '59 Les Paul into a 1995 Matchless SC-30. Assorted stomp boxes (OD, delay, maybe a wah). A simple setup that never fails to deliver. The Camels are history - quit smoking a few years back. :)

#118840 by KylePorter
Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:09 pm
Main guitar-
Fender 60th Aniversary Tele, I bought it off a guy who put a s-108 in the neck position. Amazing tone, perfect action, never goes out of tune reguardless of how far i bend a note or how hard i play it.

Back-up Guitar-
2008 Fender Standard Strat, Nothing special. Except I play 5 tension springs instead of the standard 3, because I like the whammy to be very tight.

Both guitars are tobacco burst, the tele has a black pick guard, the strat a white. Also, Dunlop strap locks on both.

Amp- Marshall MG100DFX Head. Very Reliable, Im not much for effects, but the built in reverb is nice if you want to "beef" up your tone a little. Granted its not a JCM series, but i'm happy with it. I playit through a Slanted Marshall 4x12 Cab that I put casters on the bottom of.

Nady UHF-7 Wireless kit- Its a decent wireless for smaller venues. Very quiet, doesnt feed back, and is durable.
#118861 by JeffPhillips
Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:10 am
Well too much to truck around with: My most used guitar is my Jackson Soloist, but I also love my Les Paul, Ibenez, Yamaha Acoustics, MartinAcoustic... My Amplification consists of an old Peavey Classic 212 (120w version), A Line 6 VettaII half stack over a B52 vented 4x12, and a rack system with an old school Digitech 2101 hybrid preamp into a Marshall 9100 monoblock into an old Crate Blue Voodo 4x12.

Last edited by JeffPhillips on Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#125291 by roknfnrol
Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:36 pm
Tom from Darien wrote:1999 Historic '59 Les Paul into a 1995 Matchless SC-30. Assorted stomp boxes (OD, delay, maybe a wah). A simple setup that never fails to deliver. The Camels are history - quit smoking a few years back. :)

Beautiful. I use a '58 reissue Les Paul into a Dr. Z myself.
#125373 by jw123
Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:30 pm
JeffPhillips wrote:Well too much to truck around with: My most used guitar is my Jackson Soloist, but I also love my Les Paul, Ibenez, Yamaha Acoustics, MartinAcoustic... My Amplification consists of an old Peavey Classic 212 (120w version), A Line 6 VettaII half stack over a B52 vented 4x12, and a rack system with an old school Digitech 2101 hybrid preamp into a Marshall 9100 monoblock into an old Crate Blue Voodo 4x12.

Is this overkill or what?

I love the gear dude, those older digitechs had a great tone to them.

Keep On Rockin

#125410 by Nobodys Fool
Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:07 pm
My stage rig is actually 2 rigs, one for outdoor, larger venues, and one for indoor, smaller venues. The "big rig" is a Carvin R1000 head into a Hartke 4x10 and a Seismic Audio 1x15 loaded with a Carvin 600 watt 15. I have a BBE Sonic Maximizer patched into the effects loop on the R1000. No pedals needed.

The indoor rig is a Line 6 LD300, and a BBE Sonic Maximizer stomp box, which is "on" all the time. My bass guitars are a Lightwave SL4, a Tobias Toby Deluxe, a Jay Turser Beatle Bass, and a Peavey Foundation that I have made into a fretless (still working on finishing this).

I've never been one for effects pedals, although I've had a few.

Almsot forgot, my practice rig, which sits in our practice room, is an old Peavey 1810 which I have reworked into a "1520", replacing the 18 (which I managed to blow) with a Carvin 600 watt 15", and two Carvin 10" 200 watt speakers. I have an old G-K 800RB and a Peavey Megabass amp that I can use with the cabinet. The rig is old and heavy, and saw a lot of road time until the 18 blew, and the G-K fried itself. the G-K has been rebuilt, and the cabinet was a small tall table until I reworked it. I'm trying to utilize everything I own, rather than let it sit and collect dust....

Future plans include selling the R1000 and replacing it with a Markbass LM Tube 800, selling the Hartke and replacing it with a 2x10 (probably a Carvin BR210), and changing the 15 in the Seismic Audio to an 8 ohm 15 (current speaker is 4 ohm). I'm looking to reduce the size of my outdoor rig, while retaining the power (actually increasing it).

Sorry. don't currently have any good pics of either rig...
#136488 by AJ6stringsting
Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:04 am
jw123 wrote:
JeffPhillips wrote:Well too much to truck around with: My most used guitar is my Jackson Soloist, but I also love my Les Paul, Ibenez, Yamaha Acoustics, MartinAcoustic... My Amplification consists of an old Peavey Classic 212 (120w version), A Line 6 VettaII half stack over a B52 vented 4x12, and a rack system with an old school Digitech 2101 hybrid preamp into a Marshall 9100 monoblock into an old Crate Blue Voodo 4x12.

Is this overkill or what?

I love the gear dude, those older digitechs had a great tone to them.

Keep On Rockin

Very True the older Digitech with the S-Disc were awesome tone machines. I own the RP-1 and 12, they sound 80% analog , most new sound processors sound ..... processed !!!! :( 8)

#137258 by BassBastard
Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:46 pm
Music Man Stingray 5 HH
Kustom HD600
Ampeg SVT Classic 8X10
Sansamp Bass Driver
Boss ODB1
Boss TU100
EH Bass Balls

Heavy sh*t...

Just added an Ampeg BA115HP for smaller jam sessions.

#141175 by Tronix
Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:19 am
Tronix wrote:My next investment, is a upgraded head, I want more power, better tone, and a built in compressor..not sure what I'm going to get yet, I was looking at tube heads but I get mixed reviews for tube bass heads..got any suggestions, I play metal mostly, but I'm eclectic and can be found playing anything from metal to blues, R&B, you name it, I like versatility.

I've decided on the Genz Benz ShuttleMax 6.0..class D hybrid...almost too pretty to play through..

Image :D :D :D

I'm ordering it this week, assuming uncle Sam see's fit to send me the money he owes me. lol

#141176 by Tronix
Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:22 am
Nobodys Fool wrote:My stage rig is actually 2 rigs, one for outdoor, larger venues, and one for indoor, smaller venues. The "big rig" is a Carvin R1000 head into a Hartke 4x10 and a Seismic Audio 1x15 loaded with a Carvin 600 watt 15. I have a BBE Sonic Maximizer patched into the effects loop on the R1000. No pedals needed.

The indoor rig is a Line 6 LD300, and a BBE Sonic Maximizer stomp box, which is "on" all the time. My bass guitars are a Lightwave SL4, a Tobias Toby Deluxe, a Jay Turser Beatle Bass, and a Peavey Foundation that I have made into a fretless (still working on finishing this).

I've never been one for effects pedals, although I've had a few.

Almsot forgot, my practice rig, which sits in our practice room, is an old Peavey 1810 which I have reworked into a "1520", replacing the 18 (which I managed to blow) with a Carvin 600 watt 15", and two Carvin 10" 200 watt speakers. I have an old G-K 800RB and a Peavey Megabass amp that I can use with the cabinet. The rig is old and heavy, and saw a lot of road time until the 18 blew, and the G-K fried itself. the G-K has been rebuilt, and the cabinet was a small tall table until I reworked it. I'm trying to utilize everything I own, rather than let it sit and collect dust....

Future plans include selling the R1000 and replacing it with a Markbass LM Tube 800, selling the Hartke and replacing it with a 2x10 (probably a Carvin BR210), and changing the 15 in the Seismic Audio to an 8 ohm 15 (current speaker is 4 ohm). I'm looking to reduce the size of my outdoor rig, while retaining the power (actually increasing it).

Sorry. don't currently have any good pics of either rig...

Nice rig ..I'm looking at a Carvin 1x15 myself, to round out my rig. I only have the one set up right now, but as years go I'll get there..lol :mrgreen:

#141207 by Jorma
Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:55 pm
Ususally a Splawn Quickrod and a 4x12. Sometimes a 6505+ 112 Combo.
Schecter Loomis FR or a C7 Hellraiser.

#141239 by gbheil
Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:22 pm
Mime is kind of dusty right now ... darn it. :?