This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Talk with other musicians and industry professionals.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#140277 by randmanw03
Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:46 pm
WOw i'm finding out that there's a LOT of musicians out there that like to advertise they are musicians... BUT the BIG problem is people showing up for practice, and/or answering adds placed here. What is it? are you all too good to think about playing with someone else? C'mon people !! get off your high horses..and jump on each opportunity you can !! Get rid of your attitudes..and do more than sit there with ur picture, lookin "purdy"...

#140285 by gbheil
Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:14 am
I'm sure you not alone in that sentiment.

Use the search function to contact some peeps ?

Searching requires more than placing an add.

Search is as my teachers used to tell me, an "action word".

Even then your looking at odds of 15 or 20 to 1.
#140287 by randmanw03
Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:19 am
sanshouheil wrote:I'm sure you not alone in that sentiment.

Use the search function to contact some peeps ?

Searching requires more than placing an add.

Search is as my teachers used to tell me, an "action word".

Even then your looking at odds of 15 or 20 to 1.
Well, lemme see, i HAVE searched, and that's what lead me to the "sentiment" that i voiced. But ty for reminding me to do what i already did.

#140290 by gbheil
Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:29 am
Believe you me I understood bro.

I searched near daily for months.
I sent messages to anyone and everyone who had been active in my area in the last 24 hrs.

I probably got 5 responses out of 100 messages.

But I was lucky ... or blessed.

I got Eric to come play bass for us. And I hit Steve the first week he was on bandmix. He said he even had put his kit up for sale before I contacted him because he had become so disillusioned.

Long story short.

Never give up and never give in my friend.

Best wishes.
#140294 by randmanw03
Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:07 am
Thanks bro. I know it gets frustrating, i keep getting people telling me that as soon as i get the rest of the band together, then call them LOL...how stupid is that?.. and lazy!!.. Glad things worked out for you as soon as it did. Keep on rockin bro !!

#140304 by RhythmMan
Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:02 am
Over the last 5 years or so, I only met one out of 12 people who say they're interested.
Lotta talk and no action . . . .

#146255 by drag57
Sun May 08, 2011 4:58 pm
randmanwo3,we have come across just the opposite.alot these guys are intimidated and so many are sub par thats why.i`ve gone when invited to see potential prospects play just to find out they`re sub par.you can usually tell this when they list being able to play bass ,keys,guitar,drums,harmonica,etc,etc.just go after the ones that list one instrument.this wll be a good start but does`nt mean that you`ll get someone good.we just needed one piece and it turned out to be a friend.we did`nt even need bandmix.stay away from the jack o all trades guys.how much time could you devote to all these instuments and be good at them?