This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#16542 by jw123
Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:37 pm
You will need to find a studio that still has a 24 track machine, mix it and master it. Just start calling some studios in your area. Once you call a couple someone will probably know a studio that may still have one. Good Luck.

#16545 by Franny
Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:59 pm
If you have the 24 track console, all you need is a converter cable to send it to USB>recording program>burner...done.

Yes they (recording studio) charge a fortune for something so simple.

#16564 by N.D.B 2007
Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:39 pm
YEAH ...i called blue meenie studio .they said we have fairly new equipment so , we might have to bake it , so they don't recomend it cause we think the tape is to old,,,,, But i was talking to a producer i was working with ...he says to me there full of $$$ . cause the tape from 1985 will be fine to transfer...he said the same find someone with the machine..i'll check to see who's out there with equipment to transfer it .... THANKS GUYS TOMMY

#16795 by Paleopete
Sun Dec 09, 2007 2:37 pm
Vinyl to CD

The simplest is to get a converter cable with separate RCA jacks to a 1/8" stereo jack and plug that from a turntable into the Line In of a computer's sound card. Then record it with Windows' sound recorder, save as a WAV file (very large filesize) and burn that to CD.

I'd have to do some looking, but there are ways to make it as one recording then split into separate songs, or you can record each song individually. I think the main problem with that would be getting them in the correct order, since no matter what you do Windows will put them in alphabetical order. That's why MP3 files are usually named 01_song_name.mp3 and so forth, so they can keep the songs in the same order as on the original album.

#16808 by Koolin82
Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:50 pm
You can download one of the free audio editing programs like Audacity. It will give you a lot more control over the recording of the songs and burning of the CD.

Also if you have an older turntable like mine you will need to use some kind of preamp between the player and the input to the computer.

If you don't want to mess with all this they make all-in-one record to CD recorders.

#16895 by N.D.B 2007
Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:59 pm
I need some place with a 24 track deck and a board..to bring these tracks up .. and put the 4 songs on CD ..amd put it on a file .. the tape is from 1985 ...so it's a little old .A studio told me need to bake it and maybe they'll get 1 run out of it...somebody else to me ? there full of sh*t the tape is not that old , and can be transfered to cd with no problem ...i'm in bayonne ..so i was asking people if they knew somewhere i could bring it to get done...... peace tommy

#139688 by Wayne plays bass and sax
Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:13 am
Tommy, it ain't the age, it's the mileage. If you haven't taken care of that tape (out of sunlight, correct humidity, etc) it probably does need some cookin'. The reason it costs so much is those old tape machines are super expensive and require a lot of costly maintenance. And, if you don't do it soon, that old tape will disintegrate. Sad but true. Unless it's something really special, try to rerecord it on modern media. Otherwise search the internet for studios with 24 track machines. Good luck.

#139691 by fisherman bob
Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:30 am
Wayne Train, how on earth do you respond to a post from December 2007? Do you think he's still on this subject over three years later? I never could figure out how people dredge up these ancient posts...

#139694 by Mike Nobody
Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:26 am
That tape is already toast by now.