This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities of the UK.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#138268 by Darowyn
Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:23 am
I don't think much happens on here.
Just look at the dates and number of replies on the other threads in this category.
Most are weeks old with no replies.
It seems to be a general problem with muso sites.
I think it will always be a question of personal contacts, word of mouth recommendations, and working out who talks a good game and who is ready to work.
Sorry Bandmix, there is no way I will pay when I still have my contacts file.
Cheers
Dave

#138380 by gbheil
Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:08 pm
Sometimes it does not pay to think too much.

Action is the vocabulary of successful people.

This site has been of great benefit to myself as a musician and to our band.

I am at the point where I could allow my page to go back to it's free status.
But there is just a part of me that feels That what I support will support me in kind.

Screaming with the wind carries your voice farther than pissing into it.

#138562 by Krul
Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:51 pm
As of recent, I've noticed a bunch of new profiles. This gives me hope. Hope that the reason I've been a paying customer for a year just might pay off. I'm not one to just quit until I know for a fact that something won't work. Of course, nothing will work if you don't try to make it work for you.

#139750 by Darowyn
Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:58 am
Only four responses, but it is clear that if you are in the USA, it might be, but in the UK it probably is not.
Cheers
Dave

#139792 by gbheil
Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:38 am
Darowyn wrote:Only four responses, but it is clear that if you are in the USA, it might be, but in the UK it probably is not.
Cheers
Dave

You maybe right Dave.

But even in Texas our success on this site, as they say in the advertisements fine print.
( results not typical )
I believe it had more to do with the way we utilized the site.
I was quite aggressive verging on ruthless in my use of the search function for months.

But I tell you what, had some good conversation and music sharing with some of your countrymen.

Welcome ... just the same.

#140139 by userK23c5d
Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:00 am
My first post on the forum, so, Hi All :)

I was somewhat concerned after I paid for a subscription and then got through to more details of the people who came up in my search before I paid. Those hits were what sold me, but they weren't what I thought they were :D

Nevertheless, I agree with previous speaker, just being in touch with other musos is very useful. I recommend other bands and musos all the time.

There are an awful lot of places to waste money on the web. Always good to be cautious, but at the same time I reckon giving yourself some margin and allowing for mishaps will make life easier to live....
#140183 by AlexBeston
Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:45 am
Had a few replies already - good - hopefully get to do some sessions which is what its all about.

As to the method of payment itself not too happy about the default recurring payments - also I dont know where & how my card numbers are being stored. I would prefer going via a third party I have already dealt with - say paypal - and get a reminder to continue.

If I still havent heard from someone at Echo Media (the guys who set it up) in Knoxville, I will have to go to someone at my bank to find out what position I am in.

Also, I remember there was some statement on the payment page that said I could uncheck the box for recurring payments - its nowhere to be found on the site!

#140208 by AlexBeston
Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:03 pm
Just got a reply from the owner - the payments are done through authorize.net & authorize.net also store the card numbers. so a bit of peace of mind there. why couldnt they have put that on the site?

#145915 by drag57
Tue May 03, 2011 5:44 pm
just hang in there