This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#137404 by BMix
Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:23 am
We'll add a permanent link at the bottom, but you can go here:

http://forum.bandmix.com/ignore.php

#137406 by neanderpaul
Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:22 am
Thank you folks! :D

#137408 by gbheil
Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:58 am
Perhaps "we" should move the IGNORE button over a little for us fumble moused musicians. :wink:

#137412 by fisherman bob
Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:47 am
I've never used the ignore button. What is it used for and what does it do? I try and read as many quotes as possible and go on to the next. Unless there's some good use for IGNORE that I don't know about I'll probably never hit it...

#137413 by fisherman bob
Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:48 am
I'll try using it on this quote, maybe I better wait...

#137416 by neanderpaul
Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:11 am
It ignores a person. All their posts. It came about when scratchy and nobody got...... acting in a way to get ignored.

#137428 by fisherman bob
Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:24 am
Ignoring somebody's posts is tantamount to censorship. I don't believe in censorship of any kind. Going on an internet forum is supposed to be a freedom of exchange of opinions. Just because you don't like somebody's opinion or even get upset because of personal attacks doesn't mean that ignoring somebody will solve the problem. I look at all the posts and respond if I feel a post deserves a response. Even if I disagree with someone I respect their being able to post freely. And I'll defend their right to post freely, no matter how offensive it may be.

#137429 by neanderpaul
Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:28 am
They still get to post. You just have a filter to weed out whatever you don't want to see. If I click ignore you still can see them. Just like you have a right to choose who you hang out with in real life. They aren't getting censored.

#137430 by Mike Nobody
Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:04 am

#137439 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:08 pm
WOW! I can't believe every one here, including the Band Mix staff has given so much credibility to one person.
This was a great forum. Even Stringdancer could not cause this sort of damage.
Mike, I hope you are really proud of yourself. You are the problem with America , you have no personal responsibility,and no concept of the wonderful freedom that comes with being responsible.

You are just bitter. May God help you to find some peace.

#137485 by philbymon
Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:33 pm
Oh good grief! It's a form of SELF-censorship, which I more than condone.

If someone continually offends you, don't put out your eye, & don't jump to the conclusion that you hafta leave - just "ignore 'em." It ain't no big deal.

#137487 by gbheil
Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:01 am
philbymon wrote:Oh good grief! It's a form of SELF-censorship, which I more than condone.

If someone continually offends you, don't put out your eye, & don't jump to the conclusion that you hafta leave - just "ignore 'em." It ain't no big deal.

X2

#137509 by fisherman bob
Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:20 am
neanderpaul wrote:They still get to post. You just have a filter to weed out whatever you don't want to see. If I click ignore you still can see them. Just like you have a right to choose who you hang out with in real life. They aren't getting censored.
I understand. If YOU purposely hit the ignore button on a specific person YOU are censoring that person. I also understand that if any of us sees a post they don't care to read or look at they don't have to WITHOUT hitting the ignore button. I think the IGNORE button should be censored.

#137525 by Krul
Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:44 am
I can't read my posts! I've ignored myself! What am I saying! :lol: