This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#137101 by PaperFork
Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:26 am
Just wondering what everybody's favorite song is. And why it is.

I would have to say mine would be, ''Djorolen" From the Bela Fleck Africa Sessions. The song is so real. Not to mention Bela fleck is a genius. I've cried listening to this song. To me, this is music. I dont care about solos and who can play the fasted or has the coolest riff. This literally comes from the heart. Everything about it is just amazing. They have something we dont.

There is a documentary about this album. Whoever wants to check it out its on netflix. I cant find the full version online =\

Here is Djorolen
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xP_Go6JZ ... re=related

And another amazing song =]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCpSHI7j ... re=related

To some these might sound ridiculous, but I can assure you, you're wrong.
The second video with the crazy voice is a blind man who plays a thumb piano.
Enjoy =]

#137107 by Mike Nobody
Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:02 am
I can never pick a single favorite anything. Favorites are a category, not a definition, to me. Favorite people are easier. I only hang with a few at at a time anyway.

#137109 by fisherman bob
Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:23 am
"On the Road For Big Boy" Bill Blue Band early 80's live version.

#137131 by philbymon
Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:07 pm
That's like asking a parent which child he/she loves the most.

I am particularly attached to my own works, but there are many, MANY other songs, by other ppl, that can move me deeply.

I find that I cannot answer your question. I AM a huge Bela Fleck fan, too. I don't even have a "favorite" Fleck piece. There are so many good ones, &, depending on his arrangements, they are even better live than in the studio, which is a rare thing, imho.

As far as these two songs are concerned, I wouldn't list either one as a "favorite." However, she is an amazing singer, with wonderful pitch & timing control, & the way that Bela plays with her in such perfect synch is exemplary of the skill of both performers.
Last edited by philbymon on Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#137132 by RGMixProject
Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:25 pm
This one will stay with me for a long long time, Why? because the message is very simple and very real.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMZwr5oLOao

and no one can ever send a message like BB King.

#137277 by Barry Wilson
Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:36 pm
Dying to live by Edgar Winter. I always feel humbled and in a better mood after hearing it

#137279 by Mike Nobody
Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:39 pm
Pipeous wrote:Dying to live by Edgar Winter. I always feel humbled and in a better mood after hearing it

Frankenstein puts me in a better mood.

#137282 by Barry Wilson
Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:04 pm
dam straight. no racial slur intended but when I first heard edgar winter I thought he was a black man. his voice just amazed me and the range. then I saw he was an albino haha. what? 4 octave range, that man can sing and having a carry around keyboard was innovation. he introduced so many great artists to the world showcasing talent in his shows and albums.

Mike I see you take a lot of flak here. you're just eccentric ;)[/i]

#137283 by Mike Nobody
Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:14 pm
Pipeous wrote:dam straight. no racial slur intended but when I first heard edgar winter I thought he was a black man. his voice just amazed me and the range. then I saw he was an albino haha. what? 4 octave range, that man can sing and having a carry around keyboard was innovation. he introduced so many great artists to the world showcasing talent in his shows and albums.

Mike I see you take a lot of flak here. you're just eccentric ;)[/i]
:D :wink: 8)

#137289 by MikeTalbot
Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:20 pm
not sure about favorites - always a thing of time. But I like this a lot and have considered using it as my theme music should I decide to become a super hero (see Gonna Get Ya Sucker - a hero must have theme music).

Nightwish - sacrament of wilderness
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLWv8ZeDYX4

They were young and full of piss and vinegar.

Talbot

#137335 by KradleKap
Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:47 am
philbymon wrote:That's like asking a parent which child he/she loves the most.

I am particularly attached to my own works, but there are many, MANY other songs, by other ppl, that can move me deeply.

I find that I cannot answer your question. I AM a huge Bela Fleck fan, too. I don't even have a "favorite" Fleck piece. There are so many good ones, &, depending on his arrangements, they are even better live than in the studio, which is a rare thing, imho.

As far as these two songs are concerned, I wouldn't list either one as a "favorite." However, she is an amazing singer, with wonderful pitch & timing control, & the way that Bela plays with her in such perfect synch is exemplary of the skill of both performers.

It's wonderful to love so much or connect so much with a song that it stays with you forever, but for me and probably many songwriters, there is nothing more inspiring than your own works, not only because you wrote them, but because it came from "your" heart and "your" mind. And if you don't write, well, gotta be that one that made you cry or got ya laid. :lol:

#137337 by KradleKap
Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:05 am
Oh, and if my daughter would just poop in the litter box like the cat so easily does, maybe then she would get the love and respect as my little axlslashpudding does. So tired of buying carpet cleaner. :wink:

#137342 by philbymon
Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:11 am
KradleKap wrote:Oh, and if my daughter would just poop in the litter box like the cat so easily does, maybe then she would get the love and respect as my little axlslashpudding does. So tired of buying carpet cleaner. :wink:

Have you tried diapers?

#137344 by Krul
Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:45 am
Favorite song does not exist. On any given day, any song could be mt favorite, which would most likely be some song out of the archives that I haven't heard in almost a year.

did somebody say diapers?

#137347 by lalong
Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:17 pm
Pink Floyd: "Wish You Were Here".
It’s just a soulful admission that friendship can’t solve impossible problems, combined with a sincere wish that it could. The dedication to their friend and original band member, that couldn’t share in the same success that they enjoyed.