This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities in America.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#135215 by philbymon
Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:35 pm
You make a strong point, Dewy, & have humbled me a bit with your argument. However, no matter what, we will have a different view of what degree is too far, nonetheless.

I am with you 100% on the military funeral thing. I am against you maybe 30% on the retard thing. (Kinison is no role model for me, either, truth be told, though he made me laugh a lot.)

Personally, I try to only poke fun at ppl I am dealing with, as a rule, unless their activity demands for a Darwin Award for stupidity, but I can appreciate, without making judgments, the humor of most other ppl, though I'll admit there are times I just don't get it.

Mostly, though, I make fun of myself. Who could argue with that? Just don't get your panties in a bunch if I refer to myself as a retard....

#135218 by Dewy
Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:39 pm
Self deprecating humor is fun, a personal favorite of mine... just got to be tasteful (says the man with two daughters).

#135221 by Mike Nobody
Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:44 pm
Sam Kinison was an asshole. But, he was funny at least some of the time.

Fred "God Hates Fags" Phelps is just an asshole.

I am kind of retarded, I guess.

When the world keeps dishing out pain, suffering, and bullshit... you can laugh, cry, or turn into an asshole.

#135228 by Barry Wilson
Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:28 pm
Thanks Dewy, I couldn't have expressed it any better. My sister used to compete in the special olympics, and many of those kids work really hard. To be ridiculed for not being "smart", well I think a lot of smart people could learn about being a real person from these kids

#135231 by philbymon
Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:38 pm
I've an aunt who has "problems." She's a very sensitive person, too. She's well into her sixties, now, & lives with my sister, but still has the mind set & mental capacity of, maybe, an 8 or 9 year old child. She was also adopted, & is also very sensitive about that. I"ve had to muzzle myself many, many times, as a child, because she was so sensitive about it all, & yet I still made an awful lot of blunders, which she considered to be at her expense.

It really upsets me to see ppl with whole minds being oversensitive about everything, though. I look at my special needs grandson, & hope he doesn't grow to be that way. It would cripple him, imho.

#135283 by BassBastard
Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:08 am
That whole soliloquy could have been summed up by saying "BB, Yer an asshole!"
and I would have said "Yup, I can be an asshole at times"

and I would have been much less bored.

You are a sensative, politically correct type leaning a little towards bleeding heart and I am a barbaric sort not afraid to touch on the part of myself (at this point most of you giggle like beavis and butthead) that is completely unpretentious.

The most amount of time I have spent this entire year using mentally challenged folks for my own brand of humor amounts to how ever long it took me to post that image. I neither have nor do I want any sort of justification for it.

I have, on record, spent 140+ hours this year improving the lives and healthcare for high functioning Autistic and Asperger's children. Starting next month I am working on a program to assist parents making homes a bit more friendly to thier Autistic kids and perhaps helping reduce the impact of the condition.

You be the judge. I will not apologize for posting an image who's sentiment was humor at the expense of those who should know better. If I wanted to be hurtful, i could go to the Dr.'s office I work with and get some pictures of THOSE kids and photo shop them myself. That would be WAY out of line. So I used one that I have seen all over the net.

Ya don't like it, ya don't have to read it. :roll:

#135312 by Scratchy
Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:04 pm
BassBastard wrote:That whole soliloquy could have been summed up by saying "BB, Yer an asshole!"
and I would have said "Yup, I can be an asshole at times"

and I would have been much less bored.

You are a sensative, politically correct type leaning a little towards bleeding heart and I am a barbaric sort not afraid to touch on the part of myself (at this point most of you giggle like beavis and butthead) that is completely unpretentious.

The most amount of time I have spent this entire year using mentally challenged folks for my own brand of humor amounts to how ever long it took me to post that image. I neither have nor do I want any sort of justification for it.

I have, on record, spent 140+ hours this year improving the lives and healthcare for high functioning Autistic and Asperger's children. Starting next month I am working on a program to assist parents making homes a bit more friendly to thier Autistic kids and perhaps helping reduce the impact of the condition.

You be the judge. I will not apologize for posting an image who's sentiment was humor at the expense of those who should know better. If I wanted to be hurtful, i could go to the Dr.'s office I work with and get some pictures of THOSE kids and photo shop them myself. That would be WAY out of line. So I used one that I have seen all over the net.

Ya don't like it, ya don't have to read it. :roll:

I made a comment about your image post, just to see how you and others here felt about that type of humor. Im glad it didnt turn into an all-out flaming war with 'personal PMs'.
Im not in the habit of calling people names in my personal life, I think its better to tell someone WHY they are an Asshole, as opposed to just calling them an Asshole.

#136665 by Thomas Campbell
Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:21 pm
Sup, all? Nazareth, PA, here! Howdy from stateside.

#136684 by Hayden King
Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:22 am
Political correctness is the road to censorship.
Censorship is the road to the sterilization of humanity and the end of individualism.

Wanna be The Borg? Or learn how to ignore other people's shortcomings?!

Anyone perfect, or better enough than everyone else to decide their right and wrong, please stand up!

#136881 by BassBastard
Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:19 pm
Hayden King wrote:Political correctness is the road to censorship.
Censorship is the road to the sterilization of humanity and the end of individualism.

Anyone perfect, or better enough than everyone else to decide their right and wrong, please stand up!

or the real slim shady?

#136887 by philbymon
Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:04 pm
BassBastard wrote:
Hayden King wrote:Political correctness is the road to censorship.

or the real slim shady?

Now THERE's a guy who should be riding the short bus!

The true answer to the OP's question is the same as the one I put in that other thread -

Because ppl are assholes. I know, cuz I'm a ppl AND I"m an asshole. Ya just can't get away from us!

#137119 by Krul
Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:15 am
Meh, the beef in general is long gone. I won't even get into that.

#145225 by drag57
Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:26 pm
we`re old and we`re crusty,arrrrr