This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Let your thoughts be heard about the latest news and gossip in the music world.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#5022 by Guitarzan6000
Sun Feb 18, 2007 2:03 pm
Just wanting to get some thoughts as to the up-coming VH "reunion" with Dave....I read that Wolfgang is going to play Bass in place of Michael Anthony...I can't help but think how long this is going to last with Dave and THREE Van Halens......I bet it don't happen, what do you think????

#5331 by Guitarzan6000
Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:11 pm
Well as I predicted now it ain't gonna happen... I think Eddie has been hanging out with Axl Rose.....

#5852 by GrooveJivey
Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:29 am
:? Re: VH Reunion...
Did you really even have to ask?

#5893 by Irminsul
Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:06 pm
Who would want to reunite with David Lee roth these days? He is just pathetic. I saw him do some ditty on Late night recently and I just about vomitted. Sad.

#8694 by mistermikev
Fri May 18, 2007 6:51 pm
I have to dissagree... saw dave at summerfest last year and he belted. Heard his bluegrass music too and it's ok. Dave still has an awesome voice... but it's not nearly as good as it should be to accommodate his gigantic ego. The way he scoffed at beck on the 'whatever-awards' a few years back was case in point.
(Hello dave, what have you done for us lately?)

AFA VH getting back together... even if they did it will never be what it was so who the hell cares? I'd be more interested to see him team back up with bozzio, vai and sheehan...

#9208 by Bytor10464
Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:38 am
"3 Van Halens and a Dave" is a sure recipe for disaster.....

Besides, I don't care HOW good Wolfie may be on bass, he still can't do backup vox like Michael Anthony did....... the Roth/Anthony vocal sound MADE those first five albums....... IJS......

#11630 by JJW III
Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:43 pm
I was thinking the same thing. Without Mike it is not Van Halen. Bass players never get their props and this another demonstration of that.
#12114 by Guitarzan6000
Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:17 pm
It's unbelieveable what Eddie has done....changing the album covers to "delete" Michael Anthony and such...What a childish and un-professional thing to do. Mike was as much of the old "VH" sound as Eddie was...I saw Dave play with Sammy Hagar a few years ago, they called it the "Sam & Dave tour"... and SAMMY ROCKED!!! AND he had Mike playing bass most of the show with him... Dave came out with "Hot for Teacher", and I'm not sure WHO the guitarist was, but my friend and I looked at each other and said "Eddie WHO????" HE CRANKED every bit as good as Eddie ever thought of....Unfortunately when Dave started singing you knew right away, he just DONT got it no more!!!! We and several hundred others walked out about halfway through Daves show... So go ahead and waste your money on this sorry excuse for VH...After what Eddie did to Mike,who BTW has shown NOTHING but CLASS....I'll never pay to hear their music again....

#13028 by Starfish Scott
Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:29 am
"Set and Match"

#13075 by Irminsul
Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:27 pm
Guitarzan I don't know why you'd pay to hear them anyway. Let's be honest...the best stuff they ever did was the first two albums. Everything after that went downhill and when they went mainstream radio they REALLY entered the realm of suck ass.

#13082 by Starfish Scott
Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:54 pm
lol You had to mention Dave and his bluegrass attempt on David Letterman.

That was like NIN trying to play a fugue in Dm, not happening. lol

#13591 by Gene Simmons
Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:34 pm
Dave and Eddie are both ego maniacs.
Two Black Holes of Ego ......sucking

#13599 by Irminsul
Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:10 pm
Dave's biggest mistake is letting that planet sized ego of his whisper in his ear that, just because he was a smash hit singing with Van Halen, that he could stick his dick in anything and it would turn to pure gold.

Well, he can't, and it was shown to him spectacularly by that nauseating display of his on Latenight With David Letterman.

#20793 by brasseagle
Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:53 pm
Wolfgang replaced Micheal Anthony becouse, in an interview they had with Eddie Van Halen he said that Micheal never contributed to any of there song writing and never really did anything but played the songs they wrote and sang backing. But with Wolfgang they have a stronger since of writing talent plus come on hes (Eddie's son.)

#20797 by neanderpaul
Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:09 pm
David's voice was great - WAS. It was weird in that he had a huge bottom range, then a big gap, then the the really really high falsetto. Everything I've heard lately has been sad. Eddie was great, again WAS great. He used to turn the amp to 11 and then let his natural skills shine. Now he is just over processed. Too many toys, not enough 11. Michael Anthony will always rate as one of the best backing vocalist bass players - EVER! As far as conflict lets see.
1st. Eddie fights with Dave... hmmm could be both or either one is the problem.
2nd. Eddie fights with Sammy... Sammy seems pretty nice, but he is a front man. Could be both or either one is the problem.
3rd. Eddie fights with Michael Anthony!? C'mon Eddie! Michael seems like nothing but happy go lucky nice guy.
Conclusion Eddie is the loser.