This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities in America.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#135282 by BassBastard
Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:52 am
Scratchy wrote:
BassBastard wrote:German Folk Metal En Extremo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMhLpbW1vAk

I ran across one of thier CD's hanging out at Metal Blade's Phoenix distro warehouse. [/code]

Have you checked out Rammstein? Lean closer to the Industrial Metal. This is the clip from the movie XXX.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3Jc9YOvQHk

Yup, have 2 of thier CD's and that track as well.
#135620 by Erik Van
Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:07 pm
Vidar Volsung wrote:I have noticed that their isn't a lot of metal people on this site. Isn't their anyone here who wants to be part of a symphonic/folk/melodic death metal group?

We are here.
I have so many metal genres I like, Symphonic Metal, Jazz Metal, Avant Garde... I have a Scat/Jazz Metal song on my profile. "Girl Scout Cookies" it is not for everyone but I like the different genres of metal.
I think I finally found a symphonic metal band who needs my keys. Hope it works out. Been a long search.

#135724 by Krul
Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:31 pm
I think keys are best on Prog Metal.

#135748 by Erik Van
Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:35 am
Kruliosis wrote:I think keys are best on Prog Metal.

That is a personal preference. I think it depends on the keyboardist and what your looking for.. Symphonic Metal: Keyboards are normally the focal point of the music, while other instruments typically play relatively simple parts, the keyboard parts can be very complex and technically challenging, often played in a wide variety of classical styles and emulating anything up to and including full orchestral arrangements.
Keys are a very vital role to symphonic music.
Bands like Nigtwish (old Nightwish with Tarja), Epica, Wintersun and so many more would sound like crap with out keys.

I like writing orchestra related pieces and playing the parts. Finding Metal Bands that can play with orchestra sounds and choirs is very difficult around where I live. I really love playing big epic sounds. Prog metal is okay for keys but not the kind of sounds I like to make. So it depends on what you want to hear. I like Symphonic over Prog and like the sounds better for the keys.. just my preference.

#135789 by BassBastard
Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:03 am
Just got through working out. "Mutter" came on my MP3 player... it is a randomized mix of many genre's... But when the chorus rolls in and you are struggling to get those last few reps up on the bench... that "MUUTER!" chant just kicks you up a few notches.
#136632 by Thomas Campbell
Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:24 pm
Vidar Volsung wrote:I have noticed that their isn't a lot of metal people on this site. Isn't their anyone here who wants to be part of a symphonic/folk/melodic death metal group?

Nazareth, here... Wanna mix some psychedelia in?

#137257 by BassBastard
Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:35 pm
Another very good band is right here in Arizona. My band played many shows with them. They are not only talented, but all around good guys. Thier keyboardist is amazing:

http://stormofperception.com/stormofper ... ption.html

#139424 by OogieBoogie
Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:23 am
Vidar Volsung wrote:
philbymon wrote:Is that, like, pig squealing over violins?

:lol:

Sorry...I couldn't resist...

what ignorance.

*giggle* I love how you presume to cirticize others when you have no right to. Learn how to spell properly love. It'll get you farther in this world. And don't presume that someone is ignorant simply by reading one comment they have made. And one more thing before I close this out, do you even know what the word ignorant means? I don't think you do, because it doesn't fit with what I believe you are trying to say here.

Anyways, sorry for the rant. Hope you have luck in your search for like-minded people.

#139649 by Daniel Towsley
Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:38 am
For me i am still practicing when i find time. some may not like the way i sound. However, ill still keep at it. yes not so good with timing. However, that's because I don't practice a song like a religion. I tend to do a assortment of pieces. Never really learning one by heart to a T. Honestly it doesn't matter to me on that point. I am still trying to work on breathing and getting things out. So guess you would say I am a beginner of a beginner. I started to practice in 2009 then dropped out of doing it. Only started back up around oct. 2010. Your thread caught my attention. Just hoping something near me heh. Would love to start with a band somewhere. Even if to only do back-up vocals. Ah well some day =)

I like to growl and scream to not only metal. I have also found myself doing the same to some Darkwave, Rock (classic included) and other pieces.

I do like faster paced growls and screams in songs I hear. Though I stumble over the words, and timing, and well .. snowball from there .. to where I just go nevermind lol

Its never hurt my voice to do it that way. Just can't keep up with not knowing the pace and lyrics well. So I tend to practice with bands that allow me to work on my voice. And not try the whole "keep up" bit.

#139951 by violetrock
Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:04 am
As a classically trained female vocalist who loves Nightwish & Kamelot, it's always been really tempting to pursue a symphonic metal project. Unfortunately, there seems to be no interest for that sort of thing, which is a real shame. Plus the whole "beautiful classical vocals + death growls" is just very very overdone at this point.

#141193 by Lee_Rowley
Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:58 am
herfatality wrote: Plus the whole "beautiful classical vocals + death growls" is just very very overdone at this point.

I don't know about "overdone." "Not often done well or memorably," yes... at least on this side of the pond.

#141250 by Daniel Towsley
Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:11 am
Lee_Rowley wrote:
herfatality wrote: Plus the whole "beautiful classical vocals + death growls" is just very very overdone at this point.

I don't know about "overdone." "Not often done well or memorably," yes... at least on this side of the pond.
Well I would have to agree overdone. I would note at length as to why I feel this way. However, brevity is nice. Even if its done well or memorable. Its been done too often that, the overall intent, is just watered down. In short its time for bands to experiment more. Try new things, etc etc. I doubt this is the only way music can be done. No more falling back on a crutch just because it sells. Yes selling is a nice point, and a key for a band. However, is truly becoming lost in a mass of "other" bands also key. I tend to like when I hear new ways of doing old sounds. For example Black Metal. It has always been classed into always existing in one way. And other bands have sought to change that tunnel vision perspective. I think the industry is having too much fun making sub categories. For myself I feel a band overall can be classed into one type. Even if they explore some other types. I go off what they primarily do. I don't care for sub categories so much, as the message or intent of the band. Its this whole milk the image, milk whats been done before, etc etc that most bands exist within. Mindless sheep for a buck.

P.S. Trust me that was brevity concerning what I initially wished to write -lol-

#141373 by Jahva
Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:22 pm
OogieBoogie wrote:
Vidar Volsung wrote:

what ignorance.

*giggle* I love how you presume to cirticize others when you have no right to. Learn how to spell properly love. It'll get you farther in this world. And don't presume that someone is ignorant simply by reading one comment they have made. And one more thing before I close this out, do you even know what the word ignorant means? I don't think you do, because it doesn't fit with what I believe you are trying to say here.

Anyways, sorry for the rant. Hope you have luck in your search for like-minded people.

Ever notice when the grammar police show up they're usually guilty of the same misdemeanor?
I love how you presume to "cirticize" :wink:

#141850 by Daniel Towsley
Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:32 pm
Jahva wrote:
OogieBoogie wrote:
Vidar Volsung wrote:

what ignorance.

Ever notice when the grammar police show up they're usually guilty of the same misdemeanor?
I love how you presume to "cirticize" :wink:
On a short side note to this. Mainly those that try and correct others, lack the necessary self worth they require. So they come online to belittle someone in an attempt to regain that worth, and that power. Eh anyways .. I just ignore people that do this. I'd rather have a blast with my mates.