This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities in America.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#133471 by fisherman bob
Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:13 am
The best part about cyberspace is you can be the biggest bully on the planet and nothing really happens to you. I guarantee that everybody on Bandmix would get along famously with me in person...

#133477 by Krul
Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:24 am
Lowkey online seems to be the best way. Seems like I've failed at doing that. I try not to get into E-fights.

#133482 by philbymon
Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:40 am
Eh...I found long ago that you can't take stuff o/l too seriously.

Some ppl (a lot, really) think of this as home, a haven for musos. Occasionally, someone puts a monkey wrench in the works, & they get upset. It happens. When it does happen, you can bet that there will be sveral who get involved (it's rarely the same ppl over & over, though, which is one thing about this forum that pleases me immensely).

If you stay out of it, it often won't escalate. Ppl in here really don't need for anyone to come to their aid. It just gums up the works.

I have words with ppl often, but that's due to my wording, more than anything. I know I am rather "in one's face' at times, over one issue or another (see the "Metal" thread on this page), but overall, I mean no harm, & that usually comes out, after a bit more talking things over.

I mean no harm, but I don't mince words. Some ppl take that even further than I. I can see how that would cause problems & bickering. Things just tweak us, at one time or another. It'll pass.

We're just ppl. We won't all get along here any more than you could expect us all to get along in a band...& we all know how THAT sh*t goes, at times.

#133489 by neanderpaul
Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:47 am
fisherman bob wrote:The best part about cyberspace is you can be the biggest bully on the planet and nothing really happens to you. I guarantee that everybody on Bandmix would get along famously with me in person...

I can't imagine anybody not getting along with you Bob. You are so real. If I was a gambling man I would wager everything on the fact that you would be the same in person as you are here. You are the real deal. Legit as they come.

#133546 by philbymon
Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:20 pm
I often see ppl say things like, "I have ADHD," "I'm an alcoholic," "I have a personality disorder." To me, that says that they're warning me that they are going to try to offend me at some point, & they have perfectly good reason to do so, cuz some Dr told them that they can't help it.

Sorry. I don't buy into that sh*t.

If you know you have a gambling problem, you shouldn't go into gambling establishments. If you have a drinking problem, you should stay out of bars. If you have ADHD, you need to think a bit more before you open your mouth to say something stupid.

THAT is what the assessment is. It's a warning to YOU, the patient, NOT a excuse to be used as you go about doing destructive things to yourself & others. It is NOT a warning to be used for OTHER PPL, & it is NOT an excuse to be offensive or drunk or whatever. It tells YOU to think before you act, & if you really cannot control your urges, then you should avoid getting into situations that control YOU.

Many ppl with certain conditions miss that most important bit of the Dr's assessment, & go about doing whatever they want, succumbing to whatever knee-jerk reactions that strike them at any given moment, & never get any better, never develop or overcome their disability in any way at all. I have no sympathy for anyone who doesn't try to improve themselves, & I don't hang around with ppl like that. I just think they're a waste of air, & a blight on humanity.

This isn't to say that anyone here should take this personally. It's just an observation, & a personal opinion.

#133551 by neanderpaul
Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:49 pm
^x2

#133554 by RGMixProject
Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:57 pm
^X3

#133565 by RhythmMan
Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:31 pm
x4

#133674 by Shapeshifter
Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:57 am
x5 (what Phil said)

#133677 by Mike Nobody
Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:07 am
“Everybody repeat the Non-Conformists Oath!”

STEVE MARTIN: Let’s repeat the Non-Conformist Oath. I promise to be different.
AUDIENCE: I promise to be different.
STEVE MARTIN: I promise to be unique.
AUDIENCE: I promise to be unique.
STEVE MARTIN: I promise not to repeat things other people say.
AUDIENCE: I promise … [Dissolves into nervous laughter.]

#134048 by BassBastard
Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:39 pm
My opinion is illustrated here:

and what Phil said

#134868 by Scratchy
Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:02 am
BassBastard wrote:My opinion is illustrated here:

and what Phil said

I presume you have no retarded kids or have friends who do. Bless ya.

#134869 by fisherman bob
Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:25 am
neanderpaul wrote:
fisherman bob wrote:The best part about cyberspace is you can be the biggest bully on the planet and nothing really happens to you. I guarantee that everybody on Bandmix would get along famously with me in person...

I can't imagine anybody not getting along with you Bob. You are so real. If I was a gambling man I would wager everything on the fact that you would be the same in person as you are here. You are the real deal. Legit as they come.
Thanks. Try as I might there's always people I can't seem to please, but there's enough people in the world to find others to try and work with...