This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities of the UK.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#132406 by delight tunes
Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:25 pm
Hi all,

I posted a mail about this but it seems someone nicked it! Does anyone know where i can meet poeople who play christain music?
delighttunes.

#132410 by philbymon
Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:03 pm
If I were looking for christian musicians (& I'm not trying to be a smart a$$, here, either!), I'd check out my local churches.

#132411 by gbheil
Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:23 pm
LOL good try Phil.

I built our band using the Bandmix search function.
Seems to be a lot of Christian musicians in my area. Of course I cannot speak for where you live.
Phil's suggestion is a good one as well ( despite my teasing ).
Visit various Churches to find the ones whom utilize "praise teams" ( at least that is what they call them here I have no idea why ) and you will meet musicians there. I had to step out of my comfort zone and out of my own church / denomination in order to find musicians. And the experience has been a blessing to me.
The more you get out and network with people the more you will find whom share your interests.

God bless.

#132974 by delight tunes
Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:16 pm
thanks, but for all who do not know music started from the church!!

#132980 by philbymon
Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:47 pm
Aw, c'mon!

Music is WAY older than church!
#136180 by Mark Phillips
Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:57 pm
That was my thought too Phil,
And it sounds like Delight Tunes meant the Christian church too, which is really a fairly new thing at 2,000 years, while the Jewish church goes back 4 or 5,000 years I think... admitttedly they are big on music too!
But people have been blowing through old animal bones and trying to fart in harmony for millions of years.
Clearly the notion that music 'started' anywhere or at any time is floored and just a tiny bit egocentric.

On the other hand, if it meant that much modern pop music has been driven and inspired by gospel etc, it is dead right.

Speaking as an atheist I think it is all a load of hogwash, but still very pleasant to listen to.
Mark D Phillips.......

#138928 by 4twothefloor
Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:57 pm
Try the kensington temple.
They have, i believe the largest congregation in Eurpoe, or the UK. I forget, either way they have several bands as far as i remember, 2.30 service, harry worship, juniors, and maybe a few more.
They practice at a studio in west london i used to work at.

#138941 by Krul
Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:40 pm
delight tunes wrote:thanks, but for all who do not know music started from the church!!

That depends on the style of music.

#145974 by drag57
Wed May 04, 2011 2:34 pm
try asking friends,i`ve only gotten one member from bandmix and the the rest are old friends.