This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#126282 by RhythmMan
Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:09 am
Hello, people; welcome to Bandmix
Alan
#128097 by MeanStreet Riders
Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:30 pm
Hello Everyone,
My name is Denese Im the social media publicist for the original Country Rock group The MeanStreet Riders. I just signed up as we are looking for the last two remaining musicians in the band, a great drummer and guitarist/vocalist and your forum seems like a nice place to start and meet everyone. We already have over 60,000 fans in place before the album is even done and will be touring next year so let me hear from you if you know anyone that would fit with what were doing.
Have a blessed day everyone.
[url]http://www.bandmix.com/meanstreet-riders/

#128312 by RocketQueen
Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:35 am
Hi everyone! My name's Meghan, and I'm a bass guitarist who is looking to make it in the music business. :D However, living in a small town, it's hard to find anybody who wants to quit their job and pursue music full-time - let alone people who are into the same kind of music I am. So I thought I'd try out this site and see if I find anybody. :)

#128316 by gbheil
Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:31 am
Post samples of your work on your profile and use the search function.
You can expect about a 20-1 ratio of your sending out and your receiving.

( of course you would need to be a premier member to use this technique )

It took me several months of daily or QOD searches and messaging anyone whom was active within the last 24- 48 hrs.
Above all you will have to be patient and persistent.

Good luck.

#128317 by RocketQueen
Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:55 am
Thanks for the tips! :D

#128324 by gbheil
Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:13 am
Bitteschon

#130985 by Hellsbells
Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:56 pm
Greetings Everyone!

This forum format is very similar to another forum I was a member of, so hopefully I should be able to find my way around here!

I have been playing the Piano since I was 7 years old. My Mother sent me to Piano lessons, since she played herself, and it was the best thing I ever did. I love every minute of it, being able to just sit and play to my hearts content.

I play all types of music, from love songs, to folk music, to classical, stage show musicals.
I increase my list each year, as more songs become more popular.

My dream, would be to find a venue where I can play my music, in perhaps a piano lounge environment.

I am going to be back in the UK around Easter 2011.

If anyone has any suggestions, I'd really really appreciate it.

Thank You 8) [/b]

#131918 by Joewillplay
Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:04 am
Hello everyone.
My name is Joe and I've been on this site for awhile,but have never been in this forum.
I'm 63 years young and have been playing for about 30 years and still learning to play.
I've recognized a few names on here.
I play an Alvarez acoustic and a Fender strat.
I've written and posted some music on the site and thanks to all the feedback I think I've bettered myself.
My main influences are Dylan,Clapton,Jerry Garcia,John Prine George Harrison,and of course the Beatles.
Just wanted to say hi and I'm glad to be here.

#132137 by Mars Rover
Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:34 am
Hello again BandMix.

i made a thread on the US board about my intentions here, ect. but i'll introduce myself better here.

i am a very amateur wanna-be music maker, i joined here mainly to eventually jam with someone and make songs via internet, because i live in a really remote part of Arizona (originally from Philly) and there is noway to find people to actually play music with in person. Also, i like weird music, most people i know don't listen to. i have been lurking here for awhile before posting, and i wanted to write this before i jumped in. looks like i'll be around fairly often because i am sincerely trying to learn and improve my music, it is my life. Even though, i readily admit my stuff isn't great....yet.

i usually post my stuff here:

http://soundcloud.com/mars-rover-1

but, have and will add more songs to this site.

Looking forward to conversations.

Jake

#132177 by RhythmMan
Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:13 pm
Hi, Joe.
Glad you stepped forward.
Hey - about that 'really weird music . . ."
I, too, started off writing really weird music.
That is a GOOD thing.
Allow me to give you some unsolicited advice, ok?
(We all know the value of unsoilcited advice, but . . . )
1) Record your music - every last songs, every single idea.
>>> Even if you are not ready.
>>> Even if the music is not finished, yet. Just do NOT post it.
2) Record the most developed songs with an intro, a body, and end.
3) The songs you play for other people - meet their preferences half way.
(in other words - if they love heavy metal, don't play them jazz or country.)
4) If someone says they don't like a song, or implies that it's too weird - don't worry. . . . lots of musical preferences on Earth. Stick to your guns, and write the music that YOU like - not what they like.
Because - if you wanted to play what they like, you'd wind up doing covers, anyway . . .
5) Practice and record with a metronome or a drum machine.
6) Don't get stuck in one style.
About 35 years ago I started recording or writing down my weird songs, and I still come across one every so often.
Some are surprising good, and others, while not too bad, either need a lot of polishing or a re-write.
The re-writes of your old songs (the ones that you thought weren't so good)can become some of your best material.
Umm - ok, I'll get down off my soap box.
Good luck, anyway.

#132690 by Scratchy
Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:36 am
I'm from Earth. And I thought there was only one God.......I guess I was wrong.

#132978 by Joewillplay
Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:31 pm
RhythmMan wrote:Hi, Joe.
Glad you stepped forward.
Hey - about that 'really weird music . . ."
I, too, started off writing really weird music.
That is a GOOD thing.
Allow me to give you some unsolicited advice, ok?
(We all know the value of unsoilcited advice, but . . . )
1) Record your music - every last songs, every single idea.
>>> Even if you are not ready.
>>> Even if the music is not finished, yet. Just do NOT post it.
2) Record the most developed songs with an intro, a body, and end.
3) The songs you play for other people - meet their preferences half way.
(in other words - if they love heavy metal, don't play them jazz or country.)
4) If someone says they don't like a song, or implies that it's too weird - don't worry. . . . lots of musical preferences on Earth. Stick to your guns, and write the music that YOU like - not what they like.
Because - if you wanted to play what they like, you'd wind up doing covers, anyway . . .
5) Practice and record with a metronome or a drum machine.
6) Don't get stuck in one style.
About 35 years ago I started recording or writing down my weird songs, and I still come across one every so often.
Some are surprising good, and others, while not too bad, either need a lot of polishing or a re-write.
The re-writes of your old songs (the ones that you thought weren't so good)can become some of your best material.
Umm - ok, I'll get down off my soap box.
Good luck, anyway.

Well RythmanMan
I didn't post on a general site but I did post some the songs I wrote and recorded to my account.
I'm not going to renew my account to contact or post new music.
I just wanted something there to give anyone a preview of what I can or have the potential to do.
Still nervous if I would do an open mic after the critic post.

#133605 by RhythmMan
Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:09 pm
Here's the thing about an open mike:
There's distractions
> coughing and talking
> clunks and scraping sounds
> compared to home (what you're used to) - your guitar will sound weird.
Here's the trick:
Before you start a song: STOP!
Be quiet. Mentally silent. Calm.
Now, take a couple seconds and hear - in your mind - the first few chords of the song, played at the correct tempo.
This can take you what seems like an excruciating long time - maybe all of 2 seconds.
The trick is STARTING the song right.
Feel the song, before you play the song.
If you blow the first few chords, then - screw it. STOP.
It's ok, man . . .
Wait a second, and give yourself a good restart.
Concentrate on the song.
If you're new at it - relax, and think -
There is nobody there - only you, the guitar, and the emotions of the song.
Feel the song, before you play the song.

#133609 by Joewillplay
Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:21 pm
For now I'll just to continue to write and record what I got and travel that road for awhile.
Don't need an audience.
My wish is that other people do my songs,I'm no performer and I sure as hell can't sing.