This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Talk with other musicians and industry professionals.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#131865 by rrsaks
Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:47 pm
It's been on my mind to create a collection of music and dedicate it to a charity. I'm an avid biker and so ride in the MS rides they have every summer, so that's the organization I picked. My project will consist of about 18 instrumental tunes. I'll be professionally packaging the CDs with nice artwork and create an online download site (from one of the many places out there). It would be great if the organization sponsored me to do this, but then I would loose some control over how it would look, plus, who knows, maybe they would not like the idea at all.

#131902 by gbheil
Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:23 am
Not a bad idea is suppose. As long as the true intent and exicution is honorable.
Not to question your personal integrity you see. Just very suspicious of "Charities". Seen too many rip offs " for the kids " ETC.

For me the best charity is one on one. And no one other than the donor and the recipient have any knowledge of the act.
#131973 by rrsaks
Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:53 pm
In order to make sure that the project is an 'honorable' one, I guess the best thing is to bring it to the charity and see if that is something they would endorse. BTW, MS is not just a kid's disease - very devastating and debilitating.
#131978 by gbheil
Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:09 pm
rrsaks wrote:In order to make sure that the project is an 'honorable' one, I guess the best thing is to bring it to the charity and see if that is something they would endorse. BTW, MS is not just a kid's disease - very devastating and debilitating.

Yes.

Being an RN I am well acquainted with MS.

It has been under the headings of " charity for children " where I have personally seen the dishonesty. Hence my comment.

Charity is worthwhile.
Regardless of my personal opinions of how it should be conducted.

Best wishes on your project.