This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#128561 by fisherman bob
Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:14 am
Isn't Hamilton a pretty big city? I can't believe that with your talent you aren't in a full band by now. I'd like to see you post a video of you in a band with a vocalist. Noodling by yourself is getting OLD no matter how good it is. What we need is to see you in a BAND. That's what BANDmix is all about, isn't it?

#128567 by CraigMaxim
Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:25 am
fisherman bob wrote:
Isn't Hamilton a pretty big city? I can't believe that with your talent you aren't in a full band by now.

Sean has stated previously, that he has had trouble finding good musicians in his area. Clearly, he is trying. He puts his posts up, and leaves his contact info on every one.

fisherman bob wrote:
I'd like to see you post a video of you in a band with a vocalist.

To be fair, he has even asked "ME" to send him a song, to put some guitar to. I plan on doing that, when I get my other ducks in a row.

fisherman bob wrote:
Noodling by yourself is getting OLD no matter how good it is.

Everyone crticizes him for playing like EVH, but... that's what he likes, and that is what he has practiced to be good at. And he's pretty good at it. Some people mostly get good at blues riffs, or jazz, or whatever. He chose that. Clearly he has skill, and practiced damn hard to get it.

fisherman bob wrote:
What we need is to see you in a BAND. That's what BANDmix is all about, isn't it?

Isn't that what he is doing? Using Bandmix to attract bandmates?

Again, I just don't see the point, of everyone trying to convince him to play, the way, they think he should be playing.

No offense to you about any of this Bob! You are one of my favorite people on Bandmix... hell... you are one of my favorite people PERIOD! I respect you as a musician, and as a guy that can be depended on to usually be fair, and have relevant things to say, about all sorts varied things.

So, in the immortal words of Rodney King:

"Can't we all just get along?"

:D

#128568 by fisherman bob
Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:31 am
He has acknowledged problems finding people to play with, but in a large metro area like Hamilton there has to be a problem with his problems. There has to be jam sessions there, other ways to locate people (Craig's List, Backpage.com, etc.) He obviously can shred pretty good, something's wrong with this picture...

#128592 by Prevost82
Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:22 pm
fisherman bob wrote:He has acknowledged problems finding people to play with, but in a large metro area like Hamilton there has to be a problem with his problems. There has to be jam sessions there, other ways to locate people (Craig's List, Backpage.com, etc.) He obviously can shred pretty good, something's wrong with this picture...

I agree Bob ... should be a few jams around town to meet others

#128624 by Krul
Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:17 pm
This guy needs to hit up an open mic or something. It seems like he wants a reaction. The internet will only give you opinions, and the opinions here have been the same for the most part. I don't see the point.

I think Sean needs to go public with all of his pent up passion. Maybe then he'll find the musicians he's looking for.

#128679 by CraigMaxim
Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:11 am

Sean is accused of overplaying, and he posts something where he is more laid back. He is recommended to play with some vocals, so he posts a video playing with SRV which has vocals. He gets accused of playing too much like EVH, and so he plays some SRV instead. If he made SRV or Hendrix faces, he would be accused of being a prima donna, but having a calm face with a smile, he is accused instead of being cocky and arrogant. He can't win. None of you WANT him to!

And now, what is the problem?

If he's not playing in a band, then he is not a good musician apparently.

How f*cking retarded is all that?

He can play in any band I am in, anytime!

Do any of you HONESTLY believe, that someone would put that kind of time into practicing, merely to bother a few musicians on Bandmix? You think he doesn't want to make it? You think he doesn't want to be in a band? The problem is... He doesn't want to play in a SUCKY BAND! If any of you, want to play with sucky musicians, in sucky bands, then I suggest you DO IT YOURSELF, and then you can show us all, the wisdom of that move!

Trust me, I've tried it... IT SUCKS!!!

If you are really good, it is better to HOLD OUT, than to degrade yourself by playing with amateurs. Good musicians want to play with OTHER good musicians. I don't think it would have benefitted Pavarotti more, to be backed by the local 4th grade middle-school band, than for him to post VIDEOS of HIMSELF, to show a greater audience what he can do. The same principle applies, to someone who is as good of a guitarist, as Sean is.

#128683 by Metal D
Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:27 pm
I agree with a lot of this here. Sean is a decent player, but there's obviously something there that isn't allowing him to be in a band. I live in the freakin' middle of NOWHERE and I'm able to be in several bands if I choose to. The one I'm in now is better than most others anywhere out there in metal and I'm also working on putting another one together that's more technical with 7 string guitars and 5 string bass. I'm easy to work with and don't have a huge ego (which may be one of the issues at hand here). This is also why so many people contact me to be in their bands (that and the fact that I can play any genre and generally smoke those that have the egos). I still haven't heard even a "decent" original complete song here...I have well over 40 now...some of which are on the page (the older ones). Just my 2 cents... :wink:

#128685 by gbheil
Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:44 pm
I live in a small town surrounded by small towns in a C&W rich environment.

Try building an all original Christian rock act.

Sean can freakin play.

I don't necessarily like his approach, but that is a personal preference not a disrespect of his ability.

Dude needs a band ...

I hope he gets it too.

#128690 by Shapeshifter
Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:48 pm
I said I wasn't going to comment here, but...:

If Sean gets the same criticism all the time, why does he continue to post the same things? I don't see anyone here attacking him (unless it's me- :lol: ), but rather, it seems like most of the responses have been helpful suggestions...

And there's your problem. He ignores those suggestions, and continues to do the same sh!t. Why? Because he doesn't care about your suggestions, he doesn't want your advice and he couldn't care less about your opinion-unless your opinion is that SEAN IS AWESOME!!!

His posts are nothing more than those of an egomaniac screaming "LOOK AT ME!". The few times that he responded to criticism, it was through sarcasm (Thanks, DAD!)-because he doesn't need anyone else's input.

You wanna help your buddy out, Craig? Instead of defending him, teach him. Start with humility and social skills. (Perhaps the most confusing part in all of this is WHY you are defending him so adamantly...).

BTW, I'll bet cash money that Sean's NEXT post is another retread vid-which will prove my point perfectly. Post away, Sean. :roll:

#128693 by jw123
Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:26 pm
I dont reply cause Im jealous!

Seans got some chops.

So what if he wants to say look at me, these sites are to display our talents arent they?

Go Sean, Im a fan!

#128699 by Crip2nite
Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:05 pm
ditto

Now I'm pissed that I got rid of my Strat... He made that axe scream! I just ordered another Strat yesterday.... I forgot why I loved them so much!

#128708 by gtZip
Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:02 pm
Crip2nite wrote:ditto

Now I'm pissed that I got rid of my Strat... He made that axe scream! I just ordered another Strat yesterday.... I forgot why I loved them so much!

That screaming sound was from the solo section as he butchered it.

#128742 by Crip2nite
Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:41 pm
lol.... No... I just miss that strat sound.... I used to wail on that thing at my gigs and actually prefer it against my Les Pauls:

#128743 by gbheil
Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:20 pm
Yes, I remember when you put her up for sale Kerry.
I was like WTF :shock:

Seem to remember also at the time you were quite enamored with a PRS.

You never know what you've got till it's gone ( enter into blues riff here )