This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities in America.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#121289 by Crip2nite
Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:49 pm
I always use Craigslist or actually send a message to one of my FB musician buds that I think would be interested or have friends that might be interested.. I'm pretty lucky, I guess, because I'm never without a band for more than 2 weeks!

#123465 by TIGER27
Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:49 pm
I agree with their posts. I used networking online, craigslist, open mics. and words of mouth.

#123503 by gbheil
Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:17 pm
I doubt luck has a lot to do with it Crip.
Your talented.
You have a strong work ethic.
And you have contacts.

I'm the one that's lucky and blessed.

How many people can pick up a guitar and form with a band in three years ??

Blessed I tell you. 8)

#123819 by Black57
Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:42 am
sanshouheil wrote:I doubt luck has a lot to do with it Crip.
Your talented.
You have a strong work ethic.
And you have contacts.

I'm the one that's lucky and blessed.

How many people can pick up a guitar and form with a band in three years ??

Blessed I tell you. 8)

All in all, it takes a little sticktoitiveness. When I worked at the hospital, a few doctors wanted to put together a rock band<<<of>>>the band's name would be Intensive Care Unit ( ICU ). I thought the the band's name was incredible but it never went further than that. What a bunch of whimps :wink:

#123860 by gbheil
Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:09 pm
LOL

I have noticed about a lot of physicians, that they have sooo much money, and for the younger ones sooo little free time, they either have no life outside medicine or they have too many projects.
This week
Want an band & buy all the equipment.
Next week
Want to sail & buy a boat
Next week.
Want to hunt & buy land in Colorado.
Next week
Want to fly & buy and airplane:
Want to travel sell the three million dollar home and but four million dollar homes in another state / country.

Heard one not too long ago about having to do the menial labor of actually typing his own notes.

"Why would they want to pay me $300.00 / HR to do this when someone who makes $10.00 could ??"

ASSHOLE !

#123927 by Black57
Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:37 am
sanshouheil wrote:LOL

I have noticed about a lot of physicians, that they have sooo much money, and for the younger ones sooo little free time, they either have no life outside medicine or they have too many projects.
This week
Want an band & buy all the equipment.
Next week
Want to sail & buy a boat
Next week.
Want to hunt & buy land in Colorado.
Next week
Want to fly & buy and airplane:
Want to travel sell the three million dollar home and but four million dollar homes in another state / country.

Heard one not too long ago about having to do the menial labor of actually typing his own notes.

"Why would they want to pay me $300.00 / HR to do this when someone who makes $10.00 could ??"

ASSHOLE !

There you go...Oh and don't forget I think I'll get married today. Three months later, I'm getting divorced so I can marry the house keeper. I'm going to open a bar.

#123946 by gbheil
Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:08 pm
:lol:

You know Mary, I was going to go there. About hiding in the bathroom with the nurse who wants to be the next trophy wife in line for the Mercedes.

But my mind skipped to one of the MD's I work with whom despite being a little older than me is still married to his high school sweetheart.
And often has his grown but special needs daughter with him.
Good man he is.
Not all are spoiled children.
All too often I generalize, and end up slandering someone who dos not deserve it.

( though I'll wager most of them do )

#123951 by philbymon
Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:30 pm
Aw hell, sans - no one's perfect & we could all use a swift kick occasionally, but there's damned few that are all bad, either.

#123952 by gbheil
Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:32 pm
True that Phil.

Don't keep me from wanting to kick em a little when they act like dickheads in public though. :wink:
#125379 by Lemonballs
Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:40 pm
Luqmann wrote:Hi everyone, I'm a guitarist from the Merrillville, Indiana area. The kicker is, I'm only 16, so this makes it even harder to find musicians. I have 5.5 years of experience, and I'm really dedicated to my music. But I can't find anybody (and i mean anybody) that i can get to join my band. I mean there are people here and there, but I'm having no luck. How do you all do it? (start your bands)

Whats available?
You need to know if there is anybody in your area that share the same music intrest.

WORD OF MOUTH
Check with your local music stores and ask around .

Get your word out,,,
Post flyers at music shops for tryouts.

Either it works or it dont.. keep trying people regardless of what you have already seen.. you might pass up something better if you settle for less.

#125437 by Scratchy
Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:09 am
I met a songwriter at a restaurant, she was a waitress who looked sad, I made her laugh, I managed to record and sell two of her songs. Then she killed herself. I met a C&W singer songwriter through my rhythm guitarist, we recorded her songs, EMI liked us, didnt like her voice, we liked her too much, so we disbanded. I met a bass player from Texas just as I was leaving a rehearsal studio in NY, mustache and boots, he was going to sit-in with an R&B band. We recorded post-punk rockabilly music with him and played some gigs. Got NYU radio airplay. Met a drummer at an Irish pub in Hoboken, NJ who would only play with snare drum and crash cymbal. We played the NY area for about a year. Met a bass player who installed drywall at a job I was working at, turned me on to the Savannah, GA blues circuit.
My point is.......musicians are all around you.
John Lennon said that Life is what happens to you while you're worried about life.

#125451 by gbheil
Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:55 pm
So true.

I come across people whom are in the music business near every day at work.

Funny how we all look the same in scrubs.