This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#119576 by philbymon
Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:32 pm
Welcome & best o' luck, Jeff.

#120795 by Chaeya
Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:08 pm
My name is Chaeya and I'm getting back into music after a long hiatus of personal stuff. I'm a singer, songwriter, lyricist and my husband, Cisco, is a guitar player, producer, songwriter. We're in the studio working on my next CD release and I have a science fiction book I'm publishing next month. We have our own studio, Electric Gentlemen Studios, in Orange, CA. The project is Rock, it goes from shadows-gothy to light-poppy at times. I don't like to be pigeon-holed. I'll post some stuff up as soon as I have them.

Just wanted to connect with some musicians for a change.

Chaeya

#120797 by philbymon
Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:20 pm
Welcome Chaeya.

Hope you find that which you seek.

#120807 by Chaeya
Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:47 pm
Thanks Phil, I always seem to. ;o)

Chaeya

#121385 by VocalsBass
Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:26 pm
Hey Chaeya, nice to meet you, and good luck with your new musical progect...Later :)

#122480 by Blue Porch
Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:07 pm
So I am not new to band mix (I've been fortunate have found bass players and other band members on this awesome site!), but am new to the forum.

I am in SLC UT, vocalist/rythm guitarist/piano. I've been playing music with my brother/lead guitarist for a few years now. While I'm not the most seasoned musician, I am passionate about songwriting.

I made another post yesterday that was perhaps better suited in this thread, but check out the thread if you are insterested in hearing my latest project, I am hoping to hear your honest, candid and even brutal feedback before we re-record what will hopefully be the final version.

Link to thread: http://forum.bandmix.com/viewtopic.php?t=14858

#122481 by Starfish Scott
Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:08 pm
I think you forgot at least 1 forum to spam.

#122712 by TIGER27
Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:01 pm
Hi all,

My name is AL. Just been in Vegas for a year now. I'm in health care by profession, cyclist and drummer. Been playing drums with band on and off since '85. Played mostly on party gigs, some bar gigs and one mini concert of 500 people (sorry for repeating this. Did mentioned this on one of my thread).

Played in Japan (while serving the US Navy), Philly, South Jersey, NY and here in Vegas. Played for free and sometimes with little pay that went to instruments and food.

Play classic rock, pop, latin, some jazz, dance music, grunge, alternative, etc. Looking forward to meet and jam with you guys.

Thanks.

#123592 by Monson
Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:12 am
hi all new to the site and fourms.

Well I'm 37 yo who has no schooling but lots of experance im self taught
play acoustic and eletric and some bass.
I am looking for young/old male/female to jam and possably form a band yes recording is in my near future.
please all musicly incline people drop me a line.
my influences are varrying from industrial metal to country, i play what i can feel.

Monson

#123653 by gbheil
Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:04 pm
Welcome to BM.
#124935 by Rock Star Ken Hurley
Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:25 pm
Hello!

My name is Ken Hurley and I have extensive experience as a Singer.

Growing up I performed professionally with my family's Gospel Band from ages 6-17.
At 15 I had the honor of singing at Carnegie Hall.

After the Marine Corps I was able to be involved in two different Bands which recorded to Professionally released CD's by Desert Sun Records and have worked as a studio vocalist here and there....

I'm currently in Ft. Lauderdale and am looking for new bandmates and just other who would like to Jam!!

Tonight I'll be sitting in with The Hep Cat Boodaddies at FatCats in Downtown Ft. Lauderdale....stop on by and say hello!

Thanks so much and I look forward to making some new music friends here in FTL.

Rock on!
Ken
www.bandmix.com/corockstar

#124937 by gbheil
Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:30 pm
Welcome to Bandmix

Thank you for sharing your music. :D

#125604 by Mike Nobody
Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:03 am
Hello,

I am Mike.

My common-law-wife and I met in 1998 when she joined my band.

Life threw a lot o' sh*t at us and we stopped playing. At one point I had to liquidate everything to avoid homelessness (again).

We are currently both disabled.

We've got a lot of time on our hands.

So, we're getting back into playing out and recording.

Hopefully, we can make it economical enough to help cover expenses and upgrade our gear.
#126261 by lesmonk
Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:18 pm
What's shakin. I am in a relatively new band and just got our second gig under our belt. We are a good mix of guys - all have played previously in other bands and seem to have found the right fit with this one - we are called Mumbo Jumbo. Based in Lancaster PA, we play a variety of covers from blues to recent rock. There are two covers on my profile.

Don't know about you other guitarists (who are likely more experienced then I) but I have found that playing less sometimes sounds a lot better then when I try to over cook a lead. Just a style thing I am working out but am having a blast making it happen.

For any cover bands out there - we have found that Wheels by Foo Fighters is a blast to play and gets a great response. What are your top 3 songs played out? Would love to get some new ideas.

#126275 by philbymon
Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:39 pm
Welcome