This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities in America.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#121373 by Vidar Volsung
Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:04 pm
I have noticed that their isn't a lot of metal people on this site. Isn't their anyone here who wants to be part of a symphonic/folk/melodic death metal group?

#121377 by philbymon
Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:08 pm
Is that, like, pig squealing over violins?

:lol:

Sorry...I couldn't resist...

#121433 by Vidar Volsung
Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:43 am
philbymon wrote:Is that, like, pig squealing over violins?

what ignorance.

#121453 by philbymon
Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:31 pm
Aw, c'mon! Don't get all sensitive & offended. I was only joking.

Best o' luck with your project.

Genre & sub-genre labels are kind of a joke in my small lil mind.

I can certainly appreciate the urge to have a larger production, & a more classical approach to music, esp metal. I've seen some pretty damned good examples on youtube with some Russian band, which I can't recall, now, of course.

There are some metal heads in here, though. MetalD is one, & shredd used to be before he went reggae.

Hey, if the music's good, I'm all for it, VV...but don't expect me to be serious all the time.

#122318 by Black57
Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:26 am
Vidar Volsung wrote:
philbymon wrote:Is that, like, pig squealing over violins?

what ignorance.

It's called humor. You can't be a musician without it. 8) There is a plethora of varying genres here. And most of us here have been on BM for years. This is our home. You will get the answers and musicians that you are looking for if you don't let your muscles get in the way. If the musicians you are looking for are not here, you will be directed to the musicians you dream of.

#122658 by Lee_Rowley
Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:22 am
What part of Penn.? I am in Columbus, OH, and am looking to put together a symphonic metal/black metal band. Geography may be a problem here... but I frequently travel to Pittsburgh, if you're close to there...

#122660 by Lee_Rowley
Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:26 am
NM, I see you are in Eastern PA. Sorry, I'm new here and just learning my way around the forums.

#122676 by Starfish Scott
Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:43 am
WOW, Lee have you ever considered horror metal?

I noticed your visage is halfway cut off, so I checked out your full pic and it scared meh.. lol

You need a bloody apron, a bloody cleaver, a bloody chainsaw and a bloody bass.

(and maybe a chef's hat)

I bet you could sell that..

#122743 by Lee_Rowley
Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:05 pm
Capt. Scott - Lol, no wonder the kids at my daughter's elementary school run away from me.

Never thought too much about horror metal, really. But I suppose a guy can't go too wrong with a cleaver...Now I just need a silly stage name, like Murdroth or Dr. Carnage. :)

#122869 by Starfish Scott
Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:53 pm
Make it something good and you could sell it.

Remember Peter Steele is dead and that leaves a HUGE void for this type of thing.

Just have to have good music and play the part, you might make an awful lot of cash. (seriously)

#122884 by Lee_Rowley
Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:24 pm
Huh. I thought you were kidding, but you make a good point. I guess when you mentioned horror metal, I thought you were talking about GWAR and Slipknot.

Guess I need to find musicians that can help temper my musical style to be a little more... um, "mainstream" seems like such a dirty word, but if it works... (Not that Type O was exactly mainstream, but it was a little more accessible than, say, Dimmu Borgir and Cradle of Filth.)

Now to find such musicians in a town like Columbus, Ohio.

I may just wind up owing you a huge debt of gratitude and/or beer.

#122948 by dizzizz
Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:34 am
I would love to be part of a melodic death metal band... I'm in painesville, ohio. It's pretty much a straight shot from me to you, but that's a bit of a drive...
#135199 by pianoir
Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:11 pm
I actually had started a symphonic metal topic somewhere back recently, but don't get on these forums often, thus never kept track of it! I indeed would love to be a part of a symphonic metal band, and I understand what you mean by 'mainstream'. In my mind, (against the grain of metal fundamentalists), it would have to be fairly mainstream/radio friendly in the US for it to take off with a larger audience. Some people think this is watered-down sacrilege, I personally think it's a smart musical business grasp of knowledge on what works for your target audience. There really aren't any major SM/US bands (Kamelot?, Evanescence/We are the Fallen SORT of?), so somebody's bound to fine-tune it for a US audience, and their breakthrough and lead will make them successful! Wish it was me! =)

I'm crazy about symphonic metal, but am indeed turned off by growls/screams that don't sound like music at all. Taking this straight from my profile, I think that it could really fly here (US) if the darker edges of it were softened a bit!

I play piano/keys and live in a very eclectic, VERY musical college town - Bloomington, IN. You'd think I'd have more luck finding people, but so it goes!
I wish you great luck with putting a project together! =)

#135202 by BassBastard
Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:24 pm
German Folk Metal En Extremo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMhLpbW1vAk

I ran across one of thier CD's hanging out at Metal Blade's Phoenix distro warehouse. [/code]

#135250 by Scratchy
Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:19 pm
BassBastard wrote:German Folk Metal En Extremo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMhLpbW1vAk

I ran across one of thier CD's hanging out at Metal Blade's Phoenix distro warehouse. [/code]

Have you checked out Rammstein? Lean closer to the Industrial Metal. This is the clip from the movie XXX.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3Jc9YOvQHk