This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Rate your favorite bands and albums.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#12166 by Vocals & Bass
Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:17 pm
I am with you Irminsul (Little Feat, Just mildly amusing). They were a little jazz orientated, If I recall their style of music correctly. I do remember they had a good drummer, Didnt they have two drummers? Or maybe I am thinking of a different band. [Anyway], I will mention the bands, 'Blackfoot', 'Krokus', 'Tears for Fears', 'A Flock of Seagulls', 'White Lion'....

#15775 by Cary Smith
Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:50 pm
How about:
Aldo Nova - "Fantasy" & "Monkey on Your Back"
Ambrosia - They had some soft rock stuff.
Poco - Came out of Buffalo Sprinfield then afterward The Eagles.
The Sweet - Way ahead of thier time.
Autograph - "Turn Up the Radio"
Honeymoon Suite - "New Girl Now"
Average White Band - "Pick Up the Pieces"
Brownsville Station - album: "Let Your Yeah be Yeah!"
Red Rider - "Lunitic Fringe"
Pablo Cruz - "Love Will Find A Way"
Carl Douglas - "Kung-Fu Fighting"
Rupert Holmes - "Escape" (The Pina Colada Song)
Firefall - "You Are the Woman"
Cactus - Raunchy '70's Rock.
Nick Gilder - "Hot Child in the City"
Gorky Park - Russian band doing a bad version of "My Generation"
Donnie Iris - "Love Is Like a Rock"
The Headpins - I have no idea what they did except '80's rock.
Jo Moma - album: "J is for Jump" Carole King was backup vocals.
A Box of Frogs - featuring Jimmy Page.

OK, I'll stop

#15784 by Irminsul
Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:26 pm
Oh man...you're REALLY repaving Memory Lane!

#15789 by Cary Smith
Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:38 pm
Bob Welch - "Ebony Eyes" & "Sentimental Lady" would have been a good one for that list.

#15941 by AeolianReflex
Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:33 pm
Focus
They had an instrumental song (aside from some yodeling) called Hocus Pocus that got a lot of airplay in the 70's early 80's.

#15953 by Cary Smith
Sun Nov 25, 2007 5:37 am
AeolianReflex wrote:Focus
They had an instrumental song (aside from some yodeling) called Hocus Pocus that got a lot of airplay in the 70's early 80's.

Gary Hoey did a cool remake of "Hocus Pocus" by Focus.

#15982 by jw123
Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:35 pm
One of the biggest club bands in the Memphis area during the late 70s was called Creed, no relation to Scott Stapp and crew. The Creed I knew had a great album out, I think the single was called FireCracker.

Another local group was Target, Their singer was Jimmy Jamison who went on to sing with Survivor.

#16135 by Gi
Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:47 pm
back in the 80's, i was pulling another productive late night...absorbing "Night Flight" and MTV :roll:

at about 2am, the canadian band WHITE WOLF was in the studio to rap with the VJ. they played the video for "She". i was so taken with it that i bought their album "Endangered Species" in LP format.

i havent listened to it SINCE the 80's (thanks again, sis, for destoying my turntable), but i remember it being a very good rock album.

crazy! i just checked amazon.com-- White Wolf released an album just last summer.

anyway, i supposed they can be considered "obscure".

#16689 by Shima
Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:55 pm
The GazettE a Visual kei band (a kind of music band mix dont even reconize) they having 20 cds recorded....they are knowed in japan and a bit in europe and that its...that suck because they are really good(for me)

#16934 by Bones1331
Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:06 am
Keel
Black 'n Blue

#17965 by HowlinJ
Tue Dec 25, 2007 5:54 pm
"Mad River"," Lothar and the Hand People"...Obscure but both recorded on Capital.

#18363 by decentdrummer911
Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:21 pm
Wolfmother, 2006. i dont REALLY like them, just one of their songs is fun to drum too, and a couple are REALLY fun to sing

#18369 by JJW III
Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:52 pm
Fastway

#18377 by neanderpaul
Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:28 pm
Thinking fellars union local 282, The pixies, and Fugazi come to mind.

#18395 by neanderpaul
Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:04 am
decentdrummer911 wrote:Wolfmother, 2006. i dont REALLY like them, just one of their songs is fun to drum too, and a couple are REALLY fun to sing

Wolfmother was the first band in a long time to get my blood flowing. I loved the album then burned out. I still like them a lot. Live they are weak though. But they are way mainstream. Like mtv mainstream.