This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Rate your favorite bands and albums.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#11962 by jimmydanger
Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:01 am
I don't mean some local garage band. They had to have had an album or single at some point on a national level. Name the band, album title a bonus, mention any story you know about them. I'll start:

Sir Lord Baltimore
Their album "Kingdom Come" was a heavy metal (for 1972) feast. The three-piece outfit from New York played at the Eastown Theater in Detroit in 1973 opening for Black Sabbath. The drummer was also the singer and kept hitting his mic with his drumsticks.

#11983 by bdlbass
Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:32 pm
Lords of the new church-killing joke-bands from the 80's. Stiv Bators was in the Lords.

#11984 by bdlbass
Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:34 pm
On another 80's note-great band from atlanta called the Brains. Check out Electronic Eden which is available only on vinyl.

#12053 by JJW III
Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:00 pm
The band - Gamalon.

Album - Ariel View.

Great rock / jazz type of stuff.

#12055 by jimmydanger
Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:39 pm
Speaking of jazz-rock:

Gentle Giant

The Flock

#12075 by Irminsul
Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:29 pm
Mmgbldfphg.

#12083 by jimmydanger
Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:46 am
Hmmm, never heard of them but if you say they were good I believe it lol.

Here's some more for you:

Aorta - from Sparta, MI, late 60's. Their debut was a theme-based romp about - you guessed it - the heart with tunes such as "Main Vein" and "Heart Attack". Peter Cetera was associated with them for a while before going off to start a little band called Chicago.

Love Sculpture - "Form and Feelings". Dave Edmunds first band. They did fantastic versions of "The Sabre Dance" and Holst's "Mars".

Gun - self-titled debut and their followup "Gunsight". English band from the same period as the above bands. Gotta love Big Muff fuzz tone.

#12134 by Scottmac
Sat Sep 08, 2007 2:58 am
Styx

#12135 by Irminsul
Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:13 am
Scottmac wrote: Styx

.....Styx? Styx is obscure?

#12138 by Vocals & Bass
Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:29 pm
['Styx', Obscure?] "I dont believe that I would consider 'Styx' to be obscure, At, (Style of music). Let alone, Obscure with the Media, Music industry, etc." I will take a wild guess, And suggest the band 'Head East'? Maybe as one of the 'better known',' As to say', (Obscure Bands?)

#12144 by jimmydanger
Sat Sep 08, 2007 7:18 pm
Yeah I don't think Styx qualifies as obscure, even though they are a B-grade band now.

I remember Head East, about the same time as Lover Boy and Boston I think. They had that "Save My Life" tune.

Here's a couple more for you "bird brains":

Tucky Buzzard - Cool band from the early 70's, their biggest tune was "She's Meat".

Wild Turkey - Glenn Cornick, Jethro Tull's bassist, put this band together in the early 70's. I saw them open for Yes and Black Sabbath.

#12148 by Vocals & Bass
Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:51 pm
Hey, How about the band 'Little Feet'? Anyone heard of, Or remember them? [AWB.] Average White Band? Ohio Players? 'Brian Howe' singing lead vocals on 'Bad Company-Holy Water'? 'The Micheal Stanley Band'-Lover.?

#12149 by jimmydanger
Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:23 pm
Actually it was Little Feat (like no little feat). I love band names that have double meanings. AWB was cool, Cut The Cake! Not sure about the Ohio Players, did they do "Roller Coaster (of Love)"? Speaking of Ohio:

Bands that came from Ohio:

Devo
The Pretenders (Chrissy Hynde)
The James Gang

Who am I forgetting?

#12156 by Vocals & Bass
Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:36 pm
I thought [Feat] was the correct spelling, Didnt really think anyone would remember them. Yeah, Ohio Players did roller coaster & Fire. 'The Micheal Stanley Band' is from Ohio also. One of my favorite new bands from Columbus, OH. is 'Rascal Flatts'. I didnt think they were going to be that big when they first hit the scene. These guys are really an all around great band, In my personal opinion. Awsome lead vocalist, Backup vocals, band, etc.......Later.

#12165 by Irminsul
Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:50 pm
I remember Little Feat. Their biggest radio hit was "Oh, Atlanta!" and I sort of liked them because of the piano work. Nothing grand, just mildly amusing.