This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Rate your favorite bands and albums.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#120592 by VocalsBass
Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:55 pm
I briefly scanned the Band Mix search forums for a thread concerning this subject, ? (Moderator can merge this thread, if so needed) ?
One of my most recent more.. 'Contemperary' Country band's and album that I like personally, is by The Zac Brown Band-The Foundation.
I dont really like the more traditional country style of his music like 'Chicken Fried', but I just love Jolene, Highway 20 Ride, Watever It Is, and Free.

(Jolene) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEMEouV6Q8w

(Free) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOe25IfD0GE

(Highway 20 Ride) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZMCkufE0X0

#120613 by gbheil
Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:32 pm
I am at a point where my music appreciation as far as selections for my entertainment goes I just like it, or it holds no interest for me. An occasional WOW and WHAT THE ...
Been years since I bought a CD to just wear out.
Have a pretty deep historical selection of music to choose from. And often hearing more right here.
Most of my musical attention is focused on NKF.
As I feel may be fitting for someone in the process of creating and " act " . for the express purpose of doing public shows.

Generally don't like any form of Country ( chicken fried or not ) or c Rap.
Though there have been exceptions.

#120623 by VocalsBass
Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:06 pm
sanshouheil wrote:I am at a point where my music appreciation as far as selections for my entertainment goes I just like it, or it holds no interest for me. An occasional WOW and WHAT THE ...
Been years since I bought a CD to just wear out.
Have a pretty deep historical selection of music to choose from. And often hearing more right here.
Most of my musical attention is focused on NKF.
As I feel may be fitting for someone in the process of creating and " act " . for the express purpose of doing public shows.

Generally don't like any form of Country ( chicken fried or not ) or c Rap.
Though there have been exceptions.

Thank you for your responses 'Sanshouheil', you seem like like a very kind and considerate person. Later! :wink:
#120657 by VocalsBass
Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:03 pm
I remember when 2112 was released in the 70s, one of Rush's best albums in my opinion, 'Caress Of Steel' was always a personal favorite by them also.

#120663 by philbymon
Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:24 pm
I really got into 'Phish' for while...A Picture Of Nectar, Hoist, & Lawn Boy were my favorites.

I still like the Floyd stuff, & I really did enjoy Trouble In The Henhouse, too, SP. Claim, by 'Not Drowning, Waving,' was another fave.

I think the most played albums in my collection are Genesis' The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway, The Beatles' Anthologies, some Marillion stuff, Chris Isaak, Floyd, & Cat Stevens' LPs.

#121039 by Chaeya
Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:33 pm
For new bands I like:

April Smith & The Great Picture Show. She does like this folky thing, but her lyrics are hilarious. She's from NY, but recently went on tour and I got to see her in Hollywood. Great performance, great live show. Her song "Terrible Things" was chosen as the trailer for the HBO series "Weeds." Here's her website: http://www.aprilsmithmusic.com/.

The second band I follow around is The Pirate Charles Band. They do like these old English pirate ditties with a punk twist. They're great live. This is them recently at the House of Blues: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pypqX-0q ... re=channel. And here's their website: http://www.thepiratescharles.com/fr_homepage.cfm

Chaeya

#121236 by bundydude
Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:47 pm
There are so many over the years, I don't even know where to start. I'll try, here's a small sample;

1. KISS and Queen (Both of them started it all for me)

Albums: KISS - Hotter Than Hell, Love Gun, Creatures of the Night
Queen - Night at the Opera, News of the World, The Game

2. Black Sabbath/UFO/Thin Lizzy/Deep Purple/Bad Company/Ted Nugent - (Around the ages of 11 or 12, as I discovered other musical avenues)
Albums: Black Sabbath - Master of Reality, Vol. 4, Heaven and Hell, Mob Rules
UFO - Force It, Lights Out, Mechanix
Thin Lizzy - Jailbreak, Black Rose, Renegade, Thunder and Lightening
Deep Purple - In Rock, Machine Head, Burn, Stormbringer, Perfect Strangers
Bad Company - Bad Co., Straight Shooter, Run with the Pack, Desolation Angels
Ted Nugent - Free for All, Cat Scratch Fever, Weekend Warrior, State of Shock, Scream Dream

There was also a group of what alot of people consider to be more commercial bands. A couple of them are below.

3. Journey and Foreigner
Albums: Journey - Infinity, Evolution, Departure, Escape, Frontiers
Foreigner - Foreigner, Double Vision, Head Games, 4

4. Iron Maiden/Judas Priest/Saxon/Accept (The early metal years)
Albums: Iron Maiden - Number of the Beast, Piece of Mind, Powerslaves, Somewhere in Time, Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
Judas Priest - British Steel, Point of Entry, Screaming for Vengence, Defenders of the Faith, Painkiller
Saxon - Wheels of Steel, Strong Arm of the Law, Denim and Leather
Accept - Restless and Wild, Balls to the Wall

Once I fell under the spell of metal the list could/would go on and on, with many bands. For now, I will refrain from doing this...maybe later...nuff said.

#123290 by Patrick Grant
Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:13 pm
Here's 8 of my favorite groups/artists, along with my favorite CD/album of their's:

Blue Oyster Cult - Secret Treaties

Procol Harum - Broken Barricades

The Wailer's - Burnin'

Dinosaur Jr. - Your Living All Over Me

Dave Brubeck - Jazz Impressions of Eurasia

Wes Montgomery - Smokin' At The Half Note

Issac Hayes - SHAFT soundtrack

Beatles - Revolver

#123297 by gbheil
Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:52 pm
Disappointed to see you have no music posted on your page Bill.

But then, I am selfish like that. :wink:

#123330 by Patrick Grant
Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:38 pm
sanshouheil wrote:Disappointed to see you have no music posted on your page Bill.

But then, I am selfish like that. :wink:

I could never get a decent recording with the SONAR LE recording software I have / had (currently 4 sale). I had that and a M Audio Fast Track (also for sale), to me it seemed like the fast track to total frustration. I'm not a total recording numb-nuts, I'm fine with tradition reel to reel setups. But I got no where with the SONAR LE and the M Audio Fast Track. I will post something recorded live, as soon as this new project plays a gig. We only just added the Bill to the name when my friend Bill joined us on harp/percussion. There's not actually anyone named Bill Patton in the group. Say Bill, Pat, and Scott a few times over and you'll get it (I'm Patrick).

#123335 by gbheil
Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:13 pm
LOL

Nice to meet you Patrick.
Looking forward to some tunes.

#124158 by Ballistic J
Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:15 pm
Here's some of my recent faves, they are all very different

Wolfmother - Cosmic Egg (deluxe edition) -one of my favorites

Five Finger Death Punch - War is the Answer

Guns 'n' Roses - Appetite for Destruction

Alison Krauss and Union Station - New Favorite

Def Leppard - Pyromania

AC/DC - Highway to Hell and Back in Black

Opeth - Watershed (I really like this one its so varied in the genres played)

Pink Floyd - Delicate Sound of Thunder LIVE

Jimi Hendrix - Electric Ladyland

#125574 by racefanrob
Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:18 pm
I am over 50 and remember when it all got heavy and Hard Rock was born. I have so many favorites from the past . . . a lifetime full of favorite Bands and Albums. The Mood I am in at this time I have fell in love again with these old recordings which I am listening too at this time as of my favorite on down the line as I prefer them right now :

Led Zeppelin III
Rolling Stones - Sticky Fingers
Alice Cooper - Love It To Death
Captain Beyond
Montrose
Ted Nugent's Amboy Dukes - Tooth, Fang & Claw
Chicago Transit Authority
Eric Clapton - 461 Ocean Boulevard
Judas Priests - Unleashed in the East
The Chambers Brothers - The Time Has Come

I always have a wide range of taste going on all at once ? Tune in for a change coming sometime in the future, whether near or far ?
#125622 by VocalsBass
Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:19 pm
Ozzy Osbourne's album Scream was released June, 2010.
His new guitar player "Gus G" is like an offspring of Zack Wylde, I think Ozzy controls the lead guitar (recording) anyway, he has always been a master at using at least half of the lead solo breaks for vocals, its just his style.
Adam Wakeman on keyboards has been on tour with Ozzy through the years, but this is his first album with Osbourne as a co-writter.

The single "I Want It More", uses a riff from Audioslave, but they make up for it with originality through out the song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSvegdQobVU (I Want It More)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owJRlt9MFwc (Crucify)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8K3R7s2kDc (Fearless)