This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#11694 by Craig Maxim
Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:38 am
When I was 12 years old, I was taken out of school to tour with my mother's band. I was mostly a roadie at first, but when I turned 16, I performed with her band full-time, until 18, when I left to do my own thing!

I have been telling her I was going to make her a MySpace to post her original music, and I finally did. LOL

Thought you guys might enjoy hearing her songs.

Everything posted she wrote and sang!

Country & Blues, although she writes and sings many other styles.

Check her out...

http://www.myspace.com/junemaxim

If you're on MySpace, send her a friend request!

She raised me with music, and I wouldn't be doing what I do without her inspiration!

#11723 by Irminsul
Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:34 pm
Beautiful.

#11730 by Craig Maxim
Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:28 am
Irminsul wrote:Beautiful.

Thanks Irminsul,

That means alot coming from you. I admire your work.

My mom is a great vocalist and a good songwriter too! Back in the day, she would have blown up huge, cause she was young, beautiful & extremely talented, with an infectious personality.

Without getting into sad stories and too much personal information, suffice it to say, that my step-dad at the time, really helped ruin her career. She was offered 3 record deals when we were on the road, and Ted Turner of CNN fame, actually saw her perform once as well, and was so taken, that he gave my step-dad (her mis-manager) his personal phone number and said he wanted to book her solidly for a cruise lines he was affiliated with at the time.

My step-dad never called him, and he rejected all 3 record deals, from Warner Bro's, Delite Records and I think the other one was MCA.

My step-dad claimed none of them were good enough. But I know he was just insecure about her coming fame, that he would lose control.

Later, an aquaintance I made, a gold record selling artist, told me that even the cruise thing, would have brought her tons of contacts and opportunities, not to mention that it was Ted Turner putting this together for her.

I'll pass your comments along!

#11811 by JusticeDaniels
Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:09 pm
Hey, y'all are a good and loving son, man, and your momma is obviously not just a great momma but a great talent, too. Congrats to ya both. Keep up the fine work and sharin' the family love. God bless. JD

#11821 by Craig Maxim
Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:09 pm
JusticeDaniels wrote:Hey, y'all are a good and loving son, man, and your momma is obviously not just a great momma but a great talent, too. Congrats to ya both. Keep up the fine work and sharin' the family love. God bless. JD

Thanks brother!

I owe my mom! :-)

She is a great talent, and she gave me my love for music I think, raising me around hearing all her albums growing up, and singing with her around the house.

She had everything from Billie Holiday & Edith Piaf, and The Andrew Sisters and Hank Williams to Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Average White Band, Eagles, Steppenwolf, Boston, I can't even write all the genres and artists I grew up with.

Thanks again brother! I'll pass the compliment along to mom!

#12021 by tukrhill
Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:11 pm
Hey CM,

Cool mom! You guys are good as well. I tried to add you guys as a friend but it didn't work.

Add us. myspace.com/tukrhill

Thanks, Alan

#12029 by Craig Maxim
Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:51 pm
Sent you a friend request.

Enjoyed the music you have posted on MySpace.

#12032 by tukrhill
Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:13 pm
Thanks CM we got it. You guys sound great!
#12042 by keavin
Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:38 pm
its alright if she's not too old!
#12049 by Craig Maxim
Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:37 pm
keavin wrote:its alright if she's not too old!

My mom is in her 50's. Doesn't seem like it though. At her age, obviously she would never get a record deal, but she still performs both in America and other countries occassionally, and you are NEVER too old to be a songwriter. :-)

I'm in the same boat. Wasted a lot of years, without usind my head. Like my mom, I had a few shots at big success, but didn't seize the opportunity at the time.

With my band "Southern Mischief" I have told these guys that I am going to give this a good 2 years, to achieve some mid-level successes, and if that is achieved I'll stay at it. If not, I'll know I gave this business one last good shot. I am not deluded enough to think that there would be any major label interest in my project. The genre alone, they would balk at anyway, even if I was in my 20's still. But I believe there is a chance to achieve some mid-level successes, which are, to become a full time touring band, and make a reasonable living at the craft I love.

If in 2 years, I don't see us getting close to those goals, then I will either throw the towel in on the performing aspect and focus on songwriting, or give up on the business side of music altogether, and redouble my efforts on making enough money in my small business, to make up to my wife, for the 2 years she has allowed me, to pursue some dreams.

#12362 by Lady Rocker
Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:10 pm
Hey Southern Mischief!! when did you come aboard?? I admit - I haven't been on this site in awhile.... but didn't know you were over here too!!

Welcome aboard!! :D