This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities of the UK.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#118934 by philbymon
Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:32 pm
Er....careful what ye ask for, laddie!

Yer face is okay, for what it is. It looks perhaps a bit too....British, for want of a better word...not that there's anything wrong with that!

On to my criticisms...

"Out Of The Blue" - A nice lil neo-alternative-folky thingie (omg! I'm still wankin' with genre-types! sorry!). I like it well enough. It's potentially harmless, & pretty enough.

"Heavy" - I like the way you layer your vocals. This is livelier, & very pleasant. Nothing special about the musicianship, but the songs thus far don't call for guitar-divas.

"Fall Away" - Very nice falsetto work. Can you do this live? This, too, is very pleasant. Nice acoustic accompaniment. This may be a bit too long, for what it is, but it also might just be the way it sits after the first two, if you know what I'm saying.

"An End" - Are you using a vocal harmonizer? If not, you have some very good vocals, with great control. I like the way I can understand your lyrics, which are also pretty good. Love the dynamics in this, & it has a good ending

"In The End" - backing vox aren't nearly as good in this, especially in the area of phrasing. I'm noticing you're using a woman in the b/u vox. She's good, but missing phrase perfection in this, in the beginning, & is also flat a bit too often. The song is, once again, perfectly okay.

The thing that hits me the hardest about your stuff, is that if I hear one, I feel like I've heard all you have to offer, because it's all so soft & pretty all the time. Don't get me wrong...there is a place for this music, & you may get a good cult following.

I'd like to hear you stretch a bit, though, & play & sing some stuff with more energy, & different arrangements & instrumentation. What you have here is fairly limited, as to what you can do, I'm sure, & I'd like to hear you really put yourself out there. You can only take the breathy/pretty/wimpy/lovey stuff so far, before it all becomes too similar.

Don't play things too safe. Step up & sing out loud. Gimme some power, with a strong melody & slightly heavier lyrical & musical content.

Finally, your page is as good as 90% of the others I've seen.

Best o' luck. Never give up.

#118939 by AlexC
Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:12 pm
Cheers dude

Really appreciate you taking time out to view the page.

'"Fall Away" - Very nice falsetto work. Can you do this live?'

Yeah, but some days my control over my voice is 'off' you know?

'This may be a bit too long, for what it is, but it also might just be the way it sits after the first two, if you know what I'm saying. '

Yeah I get what you mean, maybe a change in rhythm/tempo or something towards the end?

I totally agree with your comments, specially this:

'The thing that hits me the hardest about your stuff, is that if I hear one, I feel like I've heard all you have to offer'

I've been feeling this for months, and your not the only one Thats said that I need to be more 'aggressive/less safe' So maybe this is a thread worth pursuing? I'm working a whole new set right now, so I'll keep you posted!

Once again, thanks a lot.

#118943 by gbheil
Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:38 pm
Vocals way too out front for my taste.
And a little too "electronica" feeling for my taste as well.

That's just me. It is well done.

I could make that breath fire :twisted: ...LOL

Thanks for posting music for us. :D