This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities in America.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#117158 by abrocks22
Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:40 am
I love the site...

#117185 by Lorem Ipsum
Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:42 am
I found a fantastic saxophonist on here recently by pure luck. I've been on here for half a year now. However, I just tried craigslist after someone mentioned it a while ago and found a bassist, drummer, and an entire other band I joined all within the past two weeks, so yeah, this site isn't that good for the most part.

#119089 by Kody88
Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:56 pm
fisherman bob wrote:Hasn't been a waste of money for me...

You look like someone who has a creepy van and a bag of candy...and you have a band? Just saying, no offense intended.

#119092 by philbymon
Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:42 pm
Well, that's a great way to introduce oneself, ain't it?

You prolly shoulda thought about how you would look before you posted that, cuz you ain't lookin' good to me at all.

#119523 by D
Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:44 am
This website is full of people that claim to be musicians. As soon as you offer up an opportunity to jam or start something, they flake out and walk away.

I'm not sure where the arrogance and attitude comes from...checked the music... if you play generic rock or folk, of course you're going to have a ton of people to choose from. There's a lot of generic people out there playing a lot of generic music.

I don't see anything wrong with stating this place isn't working or useless. I do see that a lot of the threads around here are saturated with regulars who gobble up the cheerleading like it's oxygen. And seemingly when this community/forum is at all questioned, it seems that there are a few people that like to troll the posts and spit out attitude.

I don't understand if it's insecurity or disregard for what is considered insolence, but in any event it's not justified. And a lot of it is juvenile. And especially for the talent level here, I really don't understand where the superiority complex comes from.

In any event, from what I've seen or read throughout the time I've been trying out these forums...I can safely assess that this is very reminiscent of high school and I have no time for that.

Musician's community my ass.

#119537 by gbheil
Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:29 am
Yet you took "time" you supposedly don't have to slam the people and the site.
:?

Your music sounds good and you'd be welcome if you cared to share.
Yet I have to wonder if we are all so terrible.
Why are you still here ?

#119809 by Krul
Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:27 am
D wrote:This website is full of people that claim to be musicians. As soon as you offer up an opportunity to jam or start something, they flake out and walk away.

I'm not sure where the arrogance and attitude comes from...checked the music... if you play generic rock or folk, of course you're going to have a ton of people to choose from. There's a lot of generic people out there playing a lot of generic music.

I don't see anything wrong with stating this place isn't working or useless. I do see that a lot of the threads around here are saturated with regulars who gobble up the cheerleading like it's oxygen. And seemingly when this community/forum is at all questioned, it seems that there are a few people that like to troll the posts and spit out attitude.

I don't understand if it's insecurity or disregard for what is considered insolence, but in any event it's not justified. And a lot of it is juvenile. And especially for the talent level here, I really don't understand where the superiority complex comes from.

In any event, from what I've seen or read throughout the time I've been trying out these forums...I can safely assess that this is very reminiscent of high school and I have no time for that.

Musician's community my ass.

Dude, shut up.

This is my internet familia.

#119841 by Starfish Scott
Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:17 pm
It's like the rest of the good olde USA, "if ya don't like it, feel free to get the F*CK OUT".

#119845 by philbymon
Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:06 pm
D - many ppl seem to be too hooked upon one specialized area of music. That doesn't make you a 'musician,' in my mind. A musician is one who can play in just about any genre you may choose.

Ppl that are too stuck in one genre aren't artists. They may be able to play an instrument within the confines of only one small bit of what music is, but they aren't imaginative enough to handle the wide world of "music."

It's like comparing a house painter who only uses one color to someone like da Vinci or Monet. Who's the real artist?

If your area doesn't have the musicians who play your throbbing-sex-organ/death-wish/gaseous-pig genre, or the audience to support it, then perhaps, if you actually want to PLAY music, you should be a little more open-minded about what OTHER ppl want to play, & quit sneering at what you aren't or cannot be doing.

There are lots of reasons why the site won't work for everyone, but if it doesn't work for one, that isn't to say that it doesn't work for everyone.

Those that start off with their very first thread (or any number less than, say, 25 or 30) saying 'this site SUCKS,' are usually the ones with the least to offer, other than excuses & drama, & I have no time for that.

#119871 by gbheil
Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:41 pm
Capt. Scott wrote:It's like the rest of the good olde USA, "if ya don't like it, feel free to get the F*CK OUT".

Leave it to the Captain to express it so succinctly. :lol:

#119881 by Patricia Britton
Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:11 am
While I have to agree that I have not had great luck with finding pro players for serious work in my genre (SF Bay area and short tours) and Craigslist has worked out better, I have found bandmix beneficial in a completely different way...I can post my music samples here and link it up to other websites I use in promotion...I really like the simplicity of the template as opposed to MySpace (yes, I have 2 MySpace sites) and the focus on musicians that FB doesn't have....I must admit I don't get session work or pick up work on bandmix but when someone else wants to hear my work, it is a very convenient storage source...I run it for free and only pay for a month when I need to update my photos, songs and whatnot....I find it to be a great bargain for me and I like the musicians supporting musicians thang I find on the forum.

#119885 by gbheil
Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:24 am
Took me months of searching messaging daily to complete our band here.
I feel to many people live in instant gratification McDonalds land.
It's always better and last longer if you work at it.

P.S.

Welcome gwp.

#119898 by bushwhack
Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:12 am
Hmmm, seeing that I've just joined as a regular, old, free member this probably won't ever be a waste of money. That said, I've tried countless forums and sites and it really is hard to find that one certain musician you need anywhere for that matter (my band has been semi-looking for THE singer for the last 6 yrs!).

I doubt it has anything to do with this site in particular, a lot of it is unfortunately up to chance. Planting the seed in many outlets (forums, music depts at schools) should help though.