This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#11697 by TheCaptain
Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:29 pm
am I the only one who listened to the tune, then felt "hmm, she should probably step back & take some time to really work on her vocals all the way around"?

maybe I'm too much of a perfectionist..

#11702 by tlnelson
Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:02 pm
Are you talking about my sound file on my profile? Yeah I know it's not the best, but I've been getting really good training since then and I'm in the process of getting a really good recording studio set up on my computer. I'll be recording some new stuff soon.

When I recorded the sound file that posted now that was about six months ago and I hadn't had that good of training up to that point. But I've found an angel now that is working wonders for me.

Question: should I leave the sound file that I have posted up and then add new ones so you can compare to see the improvements I've made, or take down the one I have now and just have new ones posted?

Tracy

#11704 by TheCaptain
Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:09 pm
granted, I cannot access myspace from our work domain, so I can't listen to yer other stuff..

If it were me?
I'd scrap what's up there, assuming you've got newer/better stuff..
I'm thinking folks aren't gonna be too interested in where you've come from vocally, but rather what you can do for them now..
That's just me.

Cheers!
Rich

#11705 by tlnelson
Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:37 pm
I don't have a myspace page yet. The sound file I was talking about is the one on my profile here.

Thanks for the advice. When I get the new stuff recorded I'll take down the old and put up the new.

Tracy

#11707 by RhythmMan
Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:55 pm
If it's not your best, then its bad advertising.

#11715 by TheCaptain
Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:42 pm
But, Tracy..I will say good on ya for tryin something radical & different.
Sad that it's come about the way it has for ya, but life's life...

I'm embarking down the same kinda road..though perhaps not as aggressively..what with bein married/3 kids...
I Don't know if it'll even work at this point...

But if I don't try, I'll regret it. later.

Cheers!
Rich

#11716 by tlnelson
Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:46 pm
Rich, that's how I feel. I'm going for it and going to try to get as far as I can because if I don't, then down the road I'll regret it. I got bit by the music bug back when I was in high school and it will always be in me.

I'll be posting new stuff hopefully in the next week or so. I'll let ya know.

Tracy

#11850 by Paleopete
Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:34 pm
Nope, never too old to go for it. Know who invented bifocals? Benjamin Franklin. Know why? He was old enough his eyes were going bad, and he was tired of switching from regular glasses to reading glasses constantly and he wanted both in one frame. He split two pairs down the middle, put half of each in one frame and bifocals were born.

Albert Einstein was still coming up with new stuff when he was the grey headed old fart we all see in that same picture that's always published. Eric Clapton is over 60, Johnny Winter over 60, David Gilmour over 60 and just released a new album "On An Island", Willie Nelson was well over 40 when he finally got a decent hit he's 70 now I think, BB King is over 80 and still touring, the list goes on.

Just like you're never too old to learn, you're never too old to try and get out there and play. I learned how to repair computers at age 42, learning to repair cameras now, trying to learn a bit about electronics (which I have never understood, but I can still read a multimeter and do a nice soldering job so I'm still at it), I've been learning astronomy for the past 4 years...and trying to locate a band again and I'm 51 now. Nope, you're never too old. I'll be too old the day they drop me in a box and put me in a hole in the ground. Until then, I'm playin' even if nobody is listenin'.
#12460 by http://bandmix.ca/Thomas1
Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:44 am
If you think being old makes a difference,then check me out. I'm 63 and I play 300 shows per year entertaining at seniors care homes, private gigs..Lasy year I produced three CD's

Today i did a show at two Pm then a dinner dance at 6 to 9Pm. If I were 42 I'd be another merle Haggard.
Thomas :D
#12632 by Rockbassist24
Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:48 am
tlnelson wrote:Hi, I'm new to band mix. I'm 42 years old, female, and I've been singing my whole life. I've never been able to pursue my dreams of being in a rock band. Life kept getting in the way, lack of support from parents when I was younger, getting married having kids, things like that. Now that I'm divorced and away from the people pulling me down, I want to get into a 70's/80's cover rock band. My question is, is it ever too late to start a band and pursue your dreams of music? It just seems like it's all geared to the younger generation and the industry doesn't even look at you if your not younger then 27. There are still plenty of talented musicians/singers out there that are older than that. Do we still have a place in music anymore?

Any advice/comments would be welcomed :-)

Thanks,

Tracy

When you give up on your dreams, you die.

#12638 by Greeniemagic
Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:49 am
No way...You're never too old..I will be a granny in March next year and I can assure you this granny is gonna rock till she drops!! :D

It's great now cos the kids have all grown up so have no-one dependant on me so can gig and tour like a mad thing and I am SO looking forward to that!!!
I've spoken to people who have said they hated touring, said it's not all it's cracked up to be but I know for a fact I would wake up each day seriously excited probably because I'm still a kid inside :wink:

#12643 by Greeniemagic
Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:34 pm
Aw thankyou Thomas, glad you liked and thankyou for the compliment too :D

#135067 by Mike Como
Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:59 pm
NO WAY!!!You can't run away from who you are.As we get older we realize that our doing what we truly like to do with the right people is what makes us happy.

#135069 by philbymon
Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:05 pm
Welcome MCguit88. How long did you search through the archives for this one?

:lol:

You ain't too old if you can still do it & enjoy doing it & convey that joy to an audience.