This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#114857 by Slacker G
Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:19 pm
An opinion not necessarily shared by all. :)

#114888 by Slacker G
Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:28 am
I think she's OK. I have some of her music. But for that vocal range I prefer Sarah McLachlan. Actually, there are a lot of singers that I like. But that has no bearing on my previous post. :)

#114893 by philbymon
Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:24 am
I've heard her. I'm no fan.

Wassup, Klugmo? You PWI? (Posting While Intoxicated)

#114897 by CraigMaxim
Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:32 am
philbymon wrote:
I've heard her. I'm no fan.

Wassup, Klugmo? You PWI? (Posting While Intoxicated)

Oh whatever. :roll:

If Klugmo's drunk, then so are all Alison's peers in the music industry, considering she has won more Grammys (at least 2 dozen) than any other female artist in Grammy history, in ANY genre.

She is an accomplished singer and musician, highly respected in the music industry, and often credited with reviving interest in Bluegrass music itself.

Her voice is often described as "angelic" by music reviewers and music industry heavy-hitters, and I would have to agree. She has a very silky smooth delivery, that is very soothing and pleasing to the ear, as well as a seemingly ever-youthful sweetness in her voice.

#114899 by CraigMaxim
Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:52 am

BTW... She has also collaborated with VOLUMINOUS artists in various genres, including... an album she did with Robert Plant, that was nominated for 5 Grammys, and won Album of the Year at the 2009 Grammys.

Here's one of their duets:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpjnaGOeHH4

Here's a duet she did with Brad Paisley (Made me tear up - LOL)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZbN_nmxAGk

#114918 by KLUGMO
Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:13 pm
It's KRAUS NOT CROWE YOU BIG DUMMY.

#114924 by philbymon
Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:32 pm
LOL!

My bad!

I'm a big dummy!

You got me, Klug!

I'm gonna shut up now...

#114940 by CraigMaxim
Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:31 pm
philbymon wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIMOdVXAPJ0

She totally lost me when I heard this.

The girl in your video (Not Krauss obviously) has a good voice too, but not as polished.... she blows it a little bit on the high parts.

But...

I was thinking... "That's a Christian song and she's performing with a nose ring? But then I realized it was a big mole (it looks like that anyway)

LOL

Not as bad as this one though...

Sorry... That didn't ruin anyone's lunch did it?

#114944 by KLUGMO
Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:39 pm
Craig you are a sick Dummy.

Hey that thing is shiney like a marble wow.

#114968 by philbymon
Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:47 pm
It IS funny, though. If you do a search for Allison KRAUS, with 'Hallelujah," that's the vid what pops up...I didn't even read the title on the page...duh!

#114971 by Dessalines
Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:19 pm
I have a hard time listening to Allison. Don't get me wrong, I love her stuff but she makes me cry all the time. Just something in the timbre of her voice and coupled with the subject of pain in love and I lose it. I hate admitting this.

#114972 by Dessalines
Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:19 pm
I have a hard time listening to Allison. Don't get me wrong, I love her stuff but she makes me cry all the time. Just something in the timbre of her voice and coupled with the subject of pain in love and I lose it. I hate admitting this.