This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#114493 by Slacker G
Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:52 pm
fisherman bob wrote:
philbymon wrote::shock:

There's other ppl?
Some people are in their own world and others are paralyzed from the neck up...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

#114495 by Metal D
Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:17 pm
Slacker G wrote:
fisherman bob wrote:
philbymon wrote::shock:

There's other ppl?
Some people are in their own world and others are paralyzed from the neck up...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah Slacker. Both of those statements induce some LMFAO behavior. :lol:

#114497 by gbheil
Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:15 pm
fisherman bob wrote:Maybe the best way to tell if somebody's using too much reverb is if nobody else in the band is using it or nobody else is using anywhere near as much. Sometimes it's a good idea to check out the effects of the other musicians and the effects on the PA. It's usually a good idea to have the ENTIRE band be in sync...Kind of an important concept when you"re playing with other people...

Perhaps an ambient recording or some such where they can hear themselves in the full mix.
I know where I stand in front of my amp beside the drummer, and the bass cab I'm riding the lightning the whole time. :shock:
Have no idea what the whole enchilada sounds like.

#114505 by aiki_mcr
Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:34 pm
sanshouheil wrote:Have no idea what the whole enchilada sounds like.

It makes a difference that you are aware of this, though. It really does.

#114533 by GuitaristKane
Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:22 am
I absolutely love reverb, but for me it depends upon the context and setting of the gig. If it's a surf music gig, the reverb is way up, an indoor blues gig I set it to be subtle, and an outdoor rock gig, no reverb at all.

#114534 by neanderpaul
Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:27 am
Welcome Kane. Post some tracks!

#114658 by smoothie-63
Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:42 pm
I generally don't use any reverb on my guitar. The exceptions are surf music, some country and rockabilly songs, but then I use it as an effect. Too much reverb adds to extra noise and evenually, feedback problems.

I stopped using it on vocals too when playing live. i heard a hard driving rock band 2 nights ago who used so much delay on the lead vocals that i had trouble understanding what he was even singing.