This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#113903 by philbymon
Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:37 pm
I'm sorry...but that just makes me wonder wtf is up with that guy (Limp-Paw). I guess even a right-wing nutcase can embrace the concepts of (alternative) sex, drugs & rock 'n' roll!!!!

:lol:

#113904 by jimmydanger
Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:56 pm
Let's see...preaches about lost American values yet is a three-time divorced man? Check. Met fourth wife while divorcing third wife? Check. New wife is almost half his age (he's 59, she's 33)? Check. Recovering Vicodin addict? Check. Makes millions by spewing alarmist and conspiracy drivel to easily deluded right-wingers? Check. Considering these facts, this fits right in with a hypocrite's agenda.

#113916 by gbheil
Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:21 pm
Easily deluded right wingers have a right to have a band play their weddings too.
It's not just the permanently delusional left wingers that like music. 8)

#113920 by CraigMaxim
Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:53 pm

He probably cost 1 Million or more.

Elton's not a fool.

He could donate half of it to any PC cause he feels worthy, and that would stave off any outrage from the left. In fact, he should donate "ALL OF IT" to some group advocating gay causes, and send it to them in Rush Limbaugh's name. LOL

#113921 by philbymon
Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:57 pm
sanshouheil wrote:Easily deluded right wingers have a right to have a band play their weddings too.
It's not just the permanently delusional left wingers that like music. 8)

Well put, sans, as always!

You crack me up, man, even when you're semi-serious!

Yeah, Craig. I'll bet he paid a pretty penny for that private show! Elton John's got another notch on his belt, too. (Not that he needs it, by any stretch of the imagination!)

I almost wish I was invited.

#113923 by fisherman bob
Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:03 pm
Maybe, just maybe, Rush is not the bigoted homophobe people make him out to be. Or just maybe this is a strategic move to get more people to listen to his radio show which I understand is losing listeners. Creating controversy sometimes is good for ratings, whether it's negative or positive controversy. Probably a good move on Elton's part to perform this gig to get him more attention as well...

#113935 by gtZip
Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:34 am
I can't believe you would judge that way.
I'm disgusted with your ideals.
#113943 by aiki_mcr
Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:44 am
Nav4c wrote:
jimmydanger wrote:Disappointed with Elton John for showing that his morals and values have a price and up for sale, I’d expected a strapped for cash third rate performer to accept a gig like this but Elton John with all his million?

<rant>
Okay, so both sides of these arguments do exactly the same thing like this. Assume the worst because, OMG, it's not possible that a person doing something like this might have benign or even noble motive.

Good people sometimes do bad things. Get over it.

Sometimes they do bad things when they're trying to do something good. Get over it.

Sometimes they actually do a good thing and everybody else is so busy trying to assign Evil Motives that they might as well not have bothered. Get over it.

On the whole, this is my reaction to most political discussions these days: get over it. Get over yourself.

The irony is amusing. Who knows what the motivations of these two men were. Unless they share them with us We Don't Know.

Enjoy the irony (whichever side of the argument you're on) and quit trying to read stuff into it that may or may not be true but you can't possibly know.
</rant>

Okay, now I'm going to go get over it. This thread has descended the point where there must be some corollary to Godwin's Law which applies. Back to weird YouTube videos for me.

#113944 by jimmydanger
Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:09 am
You need to work on your quoting skills. I didn't write that :)

#113946 by aiki_mcr
Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:16 am
jimmydanger wrote:You need to work on your quoting skills. I didn't write that :)

Sorry about that. But it ultimately doesn't matter. I stand by what I said.

#113950 by Black57
Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:32 am
Maybe Rush just loves Elton John's music. I am a musician because of EJ. If I had the opportunity to have Elton John play for me, I would definitely take advantage of that opportunity. I don't care if he is married to a ewe

8)

#113954 by gtZip
Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:46 am
Sometimes I make a statement designed to make you all think.
You have to actually absorb what I typed though. That rarely happens.

Socratic is it? I forget.

#113957 by fisherman bob
Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:59 am
Sometimes we read deep meaning into things that aren't there. Rush and Elton have higher expenses than the average Joe. I read somewhere MANY YEARS AGO that Elton John has monthly expenses of $50,000. A million dollar gig helps pay the bills. Oh by the way, Elton CHARGES for his services. I'm not saying I'm any where as good a musician as Elton John, but if Elton can charge for his services I can charge for my services. If somebody offered me a nice paycheck I wouldn't give a crap who that person was, I'd take the gig....