This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Rate your favorite bands and albums.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#109942 by MartyP68
Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:17 pm
For bass it's Billy Sheehan...saw him at a bass clinic last yr and he was just mindblowing, also a real down to earth guy too.

Drums-hmmm that's tough but since i just saw the Zeppelin's "The Song Remains The Same" again for the millionth time on VH! classic it's Bonham-who else?

#113174 by Broad Street Bass
Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:36 am
I looked at 8 pages of everyone's favorite bass player /drummer combo's and not 1 person even acknowledged the most amazing sounds of Phil Lesh along with Bill Kreutzman and Micky Hart who made up the original jam band The Grateful Dead.

Bill would hold down the rhythmic drumming while Mickey added overtures of varrying percussions that blended perfectly without ever stepping on each other..quite an amazing thing to witness.

Phil's classical background takes the bass back to where it truely belongs.. Originally an orchestrial rhythm instrument, he played more off Jerry Garcia and challenged his leads with a rhythm/lead sandwiched between him and 2 drummers.

Music bent in mid song with every conceivable genre being used...What appeared to be or started out as a country beat flowed effortlessly and smoothly into jazz, or a hard rock tune became raegae/blues or a combination of the above in what seemed like a magic moment..
To be more precise... The only band ever to play true fusion music as the music fused while you watched and listened.

Phil Lesh.. Saw him last May and let me tell you something... He had more energy and life at age 69 (now 70) than 95 % of anyone i've ever seen.

#113239 by Tronix
Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:52 pm
Nick Menza and David Ellefson of Megadeth..for me they we're what a true metal bassist drummer combo should be, Ellefsons gnarly tone and solid groove, was perfect over Menza's ultra tight drums on countdown to extinction and youthanasia, two of the best metal albums ever made IMO.

#141969 by Swamprocker
Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:01 pm
Hi Bass Beamer in pipersville looking for classic rock bass player here in Macungie..John

#162331 by vincentnmartin
Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:32 pm
Billy Sheehan - Eric Carr
#164422 by foland
Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:33 pm
and although some say I suck
I can write a song

~~~~~

from you to me for God to see what one man wants above the shunts
to end all war and kill the whore
increase the wealth
improve our health
raise the dead
lift your head
call all out
and make
men shout

satan is evil but he was my friend
roger waters died
susan cried
david filled
please rebuild

I can play the bass pretty well
but it's noting without an unruin

look into the heart of my song
and feel the peace that's coming

CONSUME THE RUIN!

http://bandmix.com/foland

still looking for help? :oops: I am too!

Jake

#167273 by Emilyangel
Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:51 am
Small to support the upstairs ~ ~

#176949 by Shadow Road
Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:10 pm
Portnoy

#182859 by Planetguy
Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:53 pm
i'm gonna go w my fave drummer/bass player combos.

Jaco/Peter Erskine ...Weather Report
Rocco Prestia/Dave Garibaldi ...Tower Of Power
Paul Jackson/Mike Clarke.....H Hancock, Headhunters
Art Blakey/Jimmie Merritt
Tony Williams/Ron Carter
Danny Wilson/Dennis Bradford...Jeff Lorber Fusion

#190682 by Locorogue
Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:16 am
Les Claypool & Tim(herb) Alexander...PRIMUS

#200372 by Mike Bailey
Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:03 am
So many awesome bassists and drummers from so many artists from the 60s, 70s, 80s and on up to now. Really tough not to list off dozens and dozens. Nevertheless, the few that first come to mind for bass are James Jamerson, Paul McCartney, Geddy Lee, Bernard Edwards and John Taylor. Drums; Aynsley Dunbar, Steve Smith, Tony Thompson, Dennis Chambers and I'm going to say it, Karen Carpenter. She didn't get much spotlight on her drumming, but Karen was over the top good.